What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

V, where does Canada stand on this whole war thing? Can my family come live with you? (Only slightly sarcastic. We're getting passports soon. Just in case.)
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      V, where does Canada stand on this whole war thing? Can my family come live with you? (Only slightly sarcastic. We're getting passports soon. Just in case.)
      I live under a rock. What war?

(No seriously - do we mean the recent iran/Iraq thing, or...?)

Mostly art.

Comment

What is the world coming too? I hope we still have one by the time I'm in my 80s. If I make it. It just seems like North Korea is upset with us and now Iran is upset with us. Dear goodness. What are we going to do?
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm trying to think about happy times news, lol. Catching up after the long holiday. Seems Aemo is estimating a 60% reduction in Australia's coal-fired generation by 2040. A 30 gigawatt increase in large scale renewables.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I was thinking about Canada this morning - apparently a lot of the passengers who were killed in the plane crash were Canadian. There's uncertainty about it having been hit (accidentally?) by missile fire. So I wonder what Canada's take on the whole situation is.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Got my tattoo today. You can view it here on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonser He also retouched my Ankh. I love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Got my tattoo today. You can view it here on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonser He also retouched my Ankh. I love it!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Iran is just the tipping point. Apparently things are really tense between the EU and Russia, and there's conflict between the US and China over water rights as well. Lots of folks I know are talking potential for WW3 in the next year or so.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I was thinking about Canada this morning - apparently a lot of the passengers who were killed in the plane crash were Canadian. There's uncertainty about it having been hit (accidentally?) by missile fire. So I wonder what Canada's take on the whole situation is.
                  A lot of Canadians are feeling caught in the middle. I've seen a few good memes from friends across Canada with this sentiment. Personally, it sucks that over 50 Canadians were killed because of a decision Trump made that they, most likely, didn't support. I think most Canadians still felt safe despite the political turmoil that Trump has created down south. Canadians tend to think of themselves, personally, as immune from US politics (save for the obvious effects on a macro level), so, this hits hard.

Edit to add: Iran has now admitted to shooting the plane down.
                  Last edited by cesara; 11 Jan 2020, 17:18.
                  Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cesara View Post
                    A lot of Canadians are feeling caught in the middle. I've seen a few good memes from friends across Canada with this sentiment. Personally, it sucks that over 50 Canadians were killed because of a decision Trump made that they, most likely, didn't support. I think most Canadians still felt safe despite the political turmoil that Trump has created down south. Canadians tend to think of themselves, personally, as immune from US politics (save for the obvious effects on a macro level), so, this hits hard.

Edit to add: Iran has now admitted to shooting the plane down.

What is this? These people died because of Trump, as you said Cesara, and its like no repercussions will happen to Trump. It's the families of the dead who will feel all this pain. We already have a lot of negative relations with some of the countries. This does not make it any better. Prayers for the families.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Man, this country (USA) is down to the very last end to the Abyss.

Comment

I've been invited to assist in planning season of the tree with the local Cybelian temple. For the play/ritual itself I've agreed to preform as the Attis avatar, which should be interesting.
                        Circe

Comment

the tensions that tend to point to a global war have been building for well over several decades with few acknowledging the future of ignoring the building pressure in a point of no return
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ugh. I think I have a ear infection. I'm going to urgent care tomorrow. My body just doesn't like me this month.
                            Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              Ugh. I think I have a ear infection. I'm going to urgent care tomorrow. My body just doesn't like me this month.
                              I hope that's all better by now? I hate ear problems.

I watched the football playoff games today and I have little crushes on the QB's for both the Chiefs and the 49ers. I'm gonna enjoy the Superbowl a lot this year! I'm rooting for the Chiefs since they're my "home" team now.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                I hope that's all better by now? I hate ear problems.

I watched the football playoff games today and I have little crushes on the QB's for both the Chiefs and the 49ers. I'm gonna enjoy the Superbowl a lot this year! I'm rooting for the Chiefs since they're my "home" team now.
                                Thanks. The earache is much better. Thank the Lord and Lady. I'm on a 10 day regimen of Augmentin so that should get rid of the infection. I just hate that all this crap is hitting me this month. Oh well. Let's hope that this illness crap will get out of the way this month.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X