What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I think there is a lot of demand for workers right now...just sayin'.

Oh and btw, Twenty One Pilots released two new songs today. Thats what I'm thinking about, they each have about half a million views on youtube after just an hour of being out.

Comment

I like my coworkers and working with them, it's just that I wonder if some of my supervisors even see my potential. I have to stay because I have a new car and now a new cell phone. I also go back to school in August. So I'm not letting anyone get me down. But I'm not stirring anything anymore. It might cost me my job and I can't have that. Thanks for your input everyone.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I've been to the place you are in, and only thanks to a unexpected problem that led to missed work did someone get fired, I kept my job, and got to stay on and prove myself. After I learned from a couple managers of the BS they were hiding to stay in your job.

My advice, look for a job of equall pay some where and apply, tell them your qualifications, list old and current jobs, but do not bad mouth or whine or anything resembling those on your application or in an interview.

Many employers will ask either on an interview invitation call, or the real good one right on the app, if they can contact your former/current employers, and if no/?something we should know before? check box and give brief explanation. This is often accompanied by a privacy disclaimer where they will not disclose your reasons to your employer, or even your name to a current employer when checking.

They will have a paragragh or twon on the back of the application explaining your privacy, and state that by signing your application you agree to tell the truth and they agree not to harm your current job status by asking question.

I had the HR director at a Job I applie4d for and was hired for tell me that I should of checked that box, because they were strict but fair, and understand that the hardest and most dedicated workers are often pushed out by bad managers who would rather not be replaced by hard worker under them, so they force them out.

She said that if they hadn't had so many applications, my lack of details in the "why I left/want to leave" section might have lead to a lack of interview. Or Worse them calling my job, asking indiscrete questions, and me getting fired.

There are ranking of best employers, look in to. People want smart people who speak up about things in their employ. They want to help. They know there are easy fix's to problems that can keep everyone happy and better yet help everyone to make more money in a happier setting.

Comment

I think I'm gonna have to reset a Win 10 system. It's moving slower than it should be and I'm entirely too lazy to play diagnostic when one of the features for diag work isn't returning useful information. Blegh, I've got too much crap in too many different locations on this machine. Planning this out is going to irritate me.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You can do something maybe it's an option of a reset, it reinstalls windows, but will keep your files and settings. If that doesn't work, you may have to do a "fresh start."

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post
              You can do something maybe it's an option of a reset, it reinstalls windows, but will keep your files and settings. If that doesn't work, you may have to do a "fresh start."
              That's the plan but I'm backing up all the files and crap ahead of time anyway in case something goes wrong. Technically even if something did fail horribly, anything important should already be in an encrypted online backup but there's a decent number of downloads that are replaceable but replacing all of them would be time consuming.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

My daughter's calves are as long as her back was when she was a baby now... four and a half years goes way too fast. And we're thinking about #2...
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

kids grow way to fast Both of my and my ex's kids are approaching 40.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

OMG! Had to stay till 12:00 at work. We had 3 people call off for night shift. Only 3 are there to manage the kitchen, front, drive-thru, drinks, stocking (got the truck today), etc... I wish I could have stayed, but I just couldn't. My feet hurt way too bad. I hope all goes well. I'm praying.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

As a rule, keeping watch for people to reach the house so that I can shut things down and go to sleep is not my favorite hobby. This is doubly true when I lack faith in the timetable provided. Call it a personal flaw...

Comment

I'm just glad Dad's surgery is over. The surgery was a success. We were all tired and I am happy that he won't have to go through it again.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          I'm just glad Dad's surgery is over. The surgery was a success. We were all tired and I am happy that he won't have to go through it again.
                          It's always good when surgery is successful and doesn't require a repeat. Glad to hear it worked out.

Comment

Went to the library yesterday. Now I'm looking for something to read, and none of the books I got looks remotely interesting. Why did I choose these? I feel fickle.

Comment

Finally managed to compose that solo. Man it took daaayys

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Participated in Prime Day and got 10 books for under $80 some dollars. You know I am a book worm. That's like 10 items off my 200 and some wish list at Amazon.com.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X