Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    at 73 i still have not been hit with shingles,but i have always had a pretty strong immune system
    Shhhh now, don't tempt fate! LOL
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
      Yup. Chicken pox vaccine is fairly recent, at least here. There is even a South Park episode about Chicken Pox parties, where parents would intentionally expose their kids to chicken pox because it is easier when you are younger. These were a thing in the 90's. I think where I am Chicken Pox vaccinations started in the later 90's.
      Yeah, I had chicken pox when I was six. I got it from a girl at school, then I gave it to my teenage uncle, who gave it to my infant brother, and also a cousin. We were a miserable household for a while.

I've got a scar on my neck from one of the pox.

I actually just didn't realize they were the same virus as shingles, and thought shingles was one of those diseases lumped in with the MMR, polio shots. This has been very informative! (Also, hope you feel better soon anubisa)
      Last edited by volcaniclastic; 19 Feb 2020, 07:06. Reason: Too sick to spell

Mostly art.

Comment

Medicaid and medicare don't necessarily cover anything. They're not broad programs like that, they're means tested assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
          Medicaid and medicare don't necessarily cover anything. They're not broad programs like that, they're means tested assistance.
          Awww. That's a bummer.

Comment

I'm gathering different poetry I like for my BoS and I've been thinking over how comfortable I am editing texts that I don't necessarily own. I don't intend to distribute any part of BoS for sale, so there isn't any legal problems, but to what extent does editing and reduction influence the legacy of that person's work. For example, I love much of Valiente's poetry but when I've included it, I've removed references to overtly Wiccan concepts like the rede, because I am not a Wiccan and do not find that concept appealing. I doubt this is a change she would approve of, but it's also my BoS so how much should I care? Does it somehow disrespect her legacy, or the intellectual value of the work? I'm not adding anything, the edits are purely reductive. However, removing information for any reason just feels a bit wrong. On the other hand, my BoS should reflect my theology and I shouldn't include information that isn't useful. In any case, I'd want to exclude it when reciting anyway, so I figured just removing it and adding a note about it in the text itself would smooth that.
            Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              I'm gathering different poetry I like for my BoS and I've been thinking over how comfortable I am editing texts that I don't necessarily own. I don't intend to distribute any part of BoS for sale, so there isn't any legal problems, but to what extent does editing and reduction influence the legacy of that person's work. For example, I love much of Valiente's poetry but when I've included it, I've removed references to overtly Wiccan concepts like the rede, because I am not a Wiccan and do not find that concept appealing. I doubt this is a change she would approve of, but it's also my BoS so how much should I care? Does it somehow disrespect her legacy, or the intellectual value of the work? I'm not adding anything, the edits are purely reductive. However, removing information for any reason just feels a bit wrong. On the other hand, my BoS should reflect my theology and I shouldn't include information that isn't useful. In any case, I'd want to exclude it when reciting anyway, so I figured just removing it and adding a note about it in the text itself would smooth that.
              It's your BOS Corvus. It's whatever you make of it. A BOS can include anything you want it to. So you don't have to include the Wiccan rede or things like that. Make it yours. You got it hon!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                If it worries you, you could do original and altered next to each other. But I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I used altered material all the time. Take what you need and leave the rest.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm taking my daughter to Disney in April and getting pretty excited. It's a surprise and I'm not planning to tell her right away. Maybe on the plane, but hopefully not until we're actually there.

I am also surprising my SO but adding her to the trip. I've already worked it out with her boss. However, she's looking into new jobs, and has an interview, so I may need to tell her sooner rather than later.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

A guy I was engaged to in my college years passed away last week. We hadn't had any contact in about 40 years, but it feels so weird.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      A guy I was engaged to in my college years passed away last week. We hadn't had any contact in about 40 years, but it feels so weird.
                      Yeah... One of my college roommates died about a year ago.

Weird feeling...
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Yeah... One of my college roommates died about a year ago.

Weird feeling...
                        It just struck me today that this is the 2nd ex of mine who died on the same date (years apart), which also happens to be my father's birthday.
                        sigpic

Comment

Today I have an interview at Texas Roadhouse. I am hoping that I will be hired. I really need a job to help support the family and myself. I also started my new class online today. Looking forward to eight weeks of learning about Advanced Web Design.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Today I have an interview at Texas Roadhouse. I am hoping that I will be hired. I really need a job to help support the family and myself. I also started my new class online today. Looking forward to eight weeks of learning about Advanced Web Design.
                            Sending good vibes and prayers. Hope the class is fun too.
                            Circe

Comment

Thanks Corvus. I hope all goes well.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Got another interview at Texas Roadhouse tomorrow at 3:00! It will be my second one. Pray for me. Oh, got an A for my last class. Still have a 4.0!
                                Last edited by anubisa; 02 Mar 2020, 12:53.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X