What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Had my first 12 hour shift. I went in early around 1:00 pm because they needed help and got off at around 1:00 am. This has been the longest I have worked ever. But it's extra money I need. Will be glad to sleep in a while.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      Had my first 12 hour shift. I went in early around 1:00 pm because they needed help and got off at around 1:00 am. This has been the longest I have worked ever. But it's extra money I need. Will be glad to sleep in a while.
      I've been doing 2/12 hour shifts for a year now. You can get used to just about anything.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Signed up for a salsa class. It was good fun, I like dancing. But it really would be a lot more fun if there was anyone else under 50...
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Buddy laid an egg tonight. Here we go again!!! (Buddy is an African Grey parrot, age 29. She laid her first eggs last December.)
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

*Walks into thread*
            *Waves*
            *Walks out of thread...*

Comment

I had to create a register book for my funeral operations class.. for my own funeral. And I finally found a place to get it printed and it hadn't saved any of the information I needed in it, it was just the generic fill in the blank forms. Which sucks, because now I have to find somewhere else to get it printed... UGH. And I have a limited number of preprinted pages.

Additionally, my liberal side is coming out in this assignment. It's supposed to show who we really are so... pagan prayer, down in the garden by damh for music (and a few others), pictures of my poly family (which I may have avoided because I really don't want to stir the pot but the only decent photos I have have all of us)
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                *Walks into thread*
                *Waves*
                *Walks out of thread...*
                Nice seein' ya.

Comment

Can't sleep. Got physical therapy at 8:00 am this morning. Don't know how I am going to even to go to physical therapy. Insomnia...
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

We bought a new bread machine with some of our wedding money (most people give you money here, and then you can use it for your honeymoon or to buy stuff you need). It was a great choice. It makes amazing bread! After my old one (which was my second one) being so disappointing all the time, I thought that maybe bread machines just weren't that great. But they are...you just need a good one. Take that, wheat allergy!

Comment

long time no see,hi again.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I haven't ever liked machine bread as well as the old fashioned stuff. Maybe they have improved, though. Lots of things do.

We got a decent mixer and a wheat grinder this year, and we are really looking forward to upping our bread game as the weather cools off.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                          I haven't ever liked machine bread as well as the old fashioned stuff. Maybe they have improved, though. Lots of things do.

We got a decent mixer and a wheat grinder this year, and we are really looking forward to upping our bread game as the weather cools off.
                          First, congratulations, DanieMarie!

Second, while I agree that breadmaking is an art form, I will also say that a bread machine will crank out loaves of fresh bread, both cheaper AND better than store bread. This is especially true if you're making special bread, as DanieMarie is.

And once one learns the settings, you can set them up to make a loaf for dinner before you leave for work!
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            First, congratulations, DanieMarie!

Second, while I agree that breadmaking is an art form, I will also say that a bread machine will crank out loaves of fresh bread, both cheaper AND better than store bread. This is especially true if you're making special bread, as DanieMarie is.

And once one learns the settings, you can set them up to make a loaf for dinner before you leave for work!
                            First, thanks!

Second, yeah...normally bakery bread is better, but the machine I have now is actually pretty close to the real deal. My allergy is -just- wheat so you'd think that I'd be able to just buy rye bread somewhere, but even bakeries here use wheat in all their breads. I haven't been able to find a bread that's just rye (even though that's what traditional German bread is...just rye, water, and yeast). Baking bread by hand every 3 or so days takes forever and isn't easy to do when you're working and such, so bread machine it is. I'm glad it worked out haha. And yeah, I can make a loaf for dinner, or set the timer so that we have fresh bread as soon as we wake up (and there's really nothing like waking up to the smell of fresh bread in the morning). I'd say it's even more convenient than going to the bakery!

It can make dough, too. I'm going to make stollen this Christmas! And I think I'll make some baguettes to bring to my mother-in-law's at Christmas (they always make raclette and eat it with bread...I want bread, too!)

Comment

DanieMarie, nice to see you, and congratulations!!!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm trying to backup my files because my laptop is not long for this world but, I'm having trouble finding places to put it all. I have 5 years of files and onedrive is already full. Gonna try throwing some more on googledrive.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X