Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    We are supposed to keep threads on topic. In the case of this thread, that can be anything you're thinking about which at the moment for me is dealing with this particular line of conversation, so no, I'm not breaking the rules by bringing in quotes from another page. In addition, you may not realize it, but I am a moderator on this forum. I think I know the rules a bit better than you do. Beyond that, the quotes pulled from above are the only ones I've noticed in regard to you and parenting, so yes, that is where I pull my opinion from because that's all you've given us so far. Those quotes do indicate an extreme lack of education on the issues parents face, and therefore your extreme lack of practical experience parenting. Maybe that's not the case, but you have yet to give me a specific example of your experience as a parent.

The polite thing to do, would have been to drop it when I said I wasn't going to trust your opinion. Right now, you've gone way beyond that. I am getting really tired of your constant need to one-up everyone on this forum. Please stop.
    Darn it; thought I had ya cornered! Haha. I really don't care about one-upping anyone; I just feel a need to explain myself when I feel like I'm being judged or I sense hostility.

I have given a piece of advice on parenting; one that had absolutely nothing to do with politics. You must have missed it. If you looked into it for yourself, you'd find it's a proven fact. Someone was seeking advice, I offered some, you made it political. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Sollomyn; 14 Mar 2019, 15:20.

Comment

Ok. I've been working as a receptionist at the same job for a few weeks and I like it. (Trying to change topics here.)

Comment

Listening to the Neebs Gaming stream in the background while getting my arse handed to me in Borderlands 2 hard mode.

Also, I want pie.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          Listening to the Neebs Gaming stream in the background while getting my arse handed to me in Borderlands 2 hard mode.

Also, I want pie.
          Nice. I wish I had pie.

Comment

I'm thinking I need to start playing more video games to distract myself from lighting up a cigarette.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Nice. I wish I had pie.
              Me too... XD
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              Sneak Attack

Comment

$280 richer. I flippin' love tip money.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am torn.. I have a midterm that I will be doing tonight and then "off" for spring break, and I am torn between doing as little as possible and just enjoying the time with my boys or doing some major cooking and prepping for the next few weeks. Like there is so much I want to make and can't any more because of all the time I spend doing homework now.

I allow myself one night a week of no homework and on those nights I just want to veg and enjoy Kendall's company I have no desire to cook. I also don't do homework during the week if M. is awake. When I get home we eat dinner and I spend time with him. But I have an entire week to not worry about assignments and I could do some major cook/baking and prepping and I'm torn.

biscuits
                  pies
                  english muffins
                  breakfast burritos
                  soups
                  freezer meals
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                    I am torn.. I have a midterm that I will be doing tonight and then "off" for spring break, and I am torn between doing as little as possible and just enjoying the time with my boys or doing some major cooking and prepping for the next few weeks. Like there is so much I want to make and can't any more because of all the time I spend doing homework now.

I allow myself one night a week of no homework and on those nights I just want to veg and enjoy Kendall's company I have no desire to cook. I also don't do homework during the week if M. is awake. When I get home we eat dinner and I spend time with him. But I have an entire week to not worry about assignments and I could do some major cook/baking and prepping and I'm torn.

biscuits
                    pies
                    english muffins
                    breakfast burritos
                    soups
                    freezer meals
                    Hmm; depending on how old your boys are, you may be able to get the to cook/prep with you so that you can hang out with each other while also getting your work done; two birds with one stone; usually helps me when I'm torn on something; try to find a way to do both haha. If they're too young though, I'd probably forego working in favor of spending time with them; unless the work was somehow imperative. If it can wait, no reason not to let it, unless doing otherwise wouldbring you greater happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
                      Hmm; depending on how old your boys are, you may be able to get the to cook/prep with you so that you can hang out with each other while also getting your work done; two birds with one stone; usually helps me when I'm torn on something; try to find a way to do both haha. If they're too young though, I'd probably forego working in favor of spending time with them; unless the work was somehow imperative. If it can wait, no reason not to let it, unless doing otherwise wouldbring you greater happiness.
                      I should clarify by boys I mean my 2 year old son and husband. I am formally a pastry chef who left the industry because I had a child and I find great joy in cooking/baking. But I also like spending time with them

Having the opportunity to do so and not worry about not getting my assignments done is very appealing because it means I can make things that will freeze well that can just be pulled out of the freezer and heated/backed for a quick meal. It also helps keep us in our budget if I have things ready to go instead of stopping off on my way home because I have so much to do and don't really feel like cooking.
                      Last edited by kalynraye; 15 Mar 2019, 07:51.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

sometimes people indicate that they do not know what words mean when they begin talking...

...this both amuses and infuriates me
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I got an extension on one of my courses from last semester for health/family reasons, and the deadline is coming up. I've just got the final paper for my German history class left now, but I do need to finish it by the end of the month. I'm trying to decide on a thesis topic but, I've got a few options I'm thinking over: the ethno-linguistic conception of "German" disallowed integration of foreign groups and lead to persecution, or maybe historic european antisemitism and he ethno-linguistic conception of what it means to be German is what allowed Jewish persecution. The latter is simpler with more ability to include "generic wwII" sources, but may also be considered too easy or broad. In either case, I'm interested in using the bit about how German-ness is a factor of ethnicity and language and comparing it with France since this was a major course theme and my prof specializes in France.
                          Circe

Comment

The concierge of this building I'm working in today keeps turning the lights off when he leaves the room. Problem is, I'm still in here. The first couple of times I chalked it up to being force of habit. But it's 5 times now. I think he's doing it on purpose now.
                            Sneak Attack

Comment

Just got home from a pretty fun date still not sure if I'm really into the guy or don't like him much... that's a weird feeling.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

nj thunder storms and a tornado warning did not touch down though
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X