What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

SSDs are awesome and I should have picked one up ages ago.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
      I was gonna go to bed. But then I heard thunder... I love thunder. Have to stay up and enjoy it...
      I love listening to thunder too! The only thing is that my poor babies are scared of it. I also love listening to the trains go by.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        SSDs are awesome and I should have picked one up ages ago.
        My thoughts exactly when I got mine about a month or two ago.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I fall asleep in the movie theatre while watching A Dog's Journey for most parts. That movie was so boring.

Comment

Gotta love those 13 hour days.
            “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Finally I am on my weekend (Wednesday and Thursday). Going to see Aladdin on Thursday with dad.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                Gotta love those 13 hour days.
                Do you normally work eight hour shifts?
                “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I work from 3:30 to 12:00. I get a 30 minute lunch break.
                  Anubisa

Comment

Life update?

My grandma and I generally agree on a lot of political stuff. I have her on FB when I don’t have the majority of my family on there because their staunch conservatives and will not listen to any level of reasoning. My grandma and I agree on things like gun control, abortion rights, women’s rights, our opinion on the current president, etc. But she’s racist and an Islamaphobe (if that’s even a word). And sometimes it grates at me.

In other news, I passed my two week cremation course. I have two classes left that started a week ago. Then practicum and professional review this fall, then I’ll sit for the national boards. It’s all going so fast. Next week I go in for my embalming certification, which is nerve wracking. I have to pass that to pass my class. And I’m thinking of staying in my car for the days I’m on campus. I don’t have money for a hotel room or an AirBnB at this point.

My daughter has started therapy with us. It’s Parent Child Interaction Therapy, and then we’ll go from there. We’re still in the evaluation phase of everything, but she had a couple major melt downs and the last one involved kicking and hitting the door, slamming it, screaming, etc. It’s not exactly an atypical meltdown, but we don’t usually let it get that bad in public, but the therapist told us to “model compliance” and walk out when it was time to go even though she didn’t want to leave. Hence the melt down. I ended up having to come back and carry her out after about 15 minutes of “leaving”.

The baby is due in a month. It’s so fun watching her kick, and I may be deluding myself, but I think I heard her heartbeat when I listened to my gf’s stomach last night. The midwife showed me how to feel out how she is laying the last time we were in the office. The gf is starting to feel very tired, having trouble sleeping at night, is very sore, etc. Her stomach aches a lot of the time, in the muscles up top. And she’s always had some issues in her upper back from a fall many years ago, but it’s been worse since she got pregnant, since she can’t do her inversions on the yoga swing. She was measuring a week ahead for months, but is back on track now. I still think she’s going to go a couple weeks early. I could be wrong, but I think it’ll be a bit early. Her mom went a bit early as well.

I tortured myself by going to the animal shelter when I know it’s not a good time to add another animal to our household, and one of my dogs had diarreah and was throwing up last night. It was a long night. We already have three dogs and three cats (one of the dogs is my BIL’s, but it’s still 6 animals in our house)

We really want a bigger house, but it has to wait. We don’t know if we’re staying where we’re at now. Anyone live in Colorado, Oregon, or Minnesota? They’re high on our list of potential states. Denver is where we’re all leaning. There are a ton of non-profits that are right up the gf’s ally and would offer her potential for growth and a chace to use her degree more effectively. There’s also land outside of the city that looks affordable, and the weather seems much more moderate than here (Iowa). We’ve considered Oregan, because they seem like a liberal state, and they’re close to the ocean which I’d like to be able to visit more regularly than once or twice a decade, but the amount of overcast days we’ve heard they have makes us nervous because we all have issues related to SAD. And I really don’t know if I can handle worse winters and less sun than what we deal with now if we moved to Minnesota. But Minnesota is in such desperate need of funeral directors in the rural areas that you can get paid a butt load and land is cheap.

I hung out with an old friend yesterday evening for awhile. We’re talking about starting a spiritual book club of sorts. And we sorted out some issues on the differences between our morals that were causing problems before. I got some clarification on things. I stood my ground that I wasn’t going to change who I am or hide it to be a part of this group, if I join. So that was a good couple hours.

Now to clean our house.........
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I'm currently slotted for 4x10hr shifts so I can have Fridays and weekends off. But sadly I'm on call this week and just as I was heading home and hit the freeway, my office calls me with an "emergency" service call. It's actually pretty common for me to work long days because I don't like stopping once I get going on a thing. I just hate it when it's not my decision to work long days.
                      “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        Life update?

My grandma and I generally agree on a lot of political stuff. I have her on FB when I don’t have the majority of my family on there because their staunch conservatives and will not listen to any level of reasoning. My grandma and I agree on things like gun control, abortion rights, women’s rights, our opinion on the current president, etc. But she’s racist and an Islamaphobe (if that’s even a word). And sometimes it grates at me.

In other news, I passed my two week cremation course. I have two classes left that started a week ago. Then practicum and professional review this fall, then I’ll sit for the national boards. It’s all going so fast. Next week I go in for my embalming certification, which is nerve wracking. I have to pass that to pass my class. And I’m thinking of staying in my car for the days I’m on campus. I don’t have money for a hotel room or an AirBnB at this point.

My daughter has started therapy with us. It’s Parent Child Interaction Therapy, and then we’ll go from there. We’re still in the evaluation phase of everything, but she had a couple major melt downs and the last one involved kicking and hitting the door, slamming it, screaming, etc. It’s not exactly an atypical meltdown, but we don’t usually let it get that bad in public, but the therapist told us to “model compliance” and walk out when it was time to go even though she didn’t want to leave. Hence the melt down. I ended up having to come back and carry her out after about 15 minutes of “leaving”.

The baby is due in a month. It’s so fun watching her kick, and I may be deluding myself, but I think I heard her heartbeat when I listened to my gf’s stomach last night. The midwife showed me how to feel out how she is laying the last time we were in the office. The gf is starting to feel very tired, having trouble sleeping at night, is very sore, etc. Her stomach aches a lot of the time, in the muscles up top. And she’s always had some issues in her upper back from a fall many years ago, but it’s been worse since she got pregnant, since she can’t do her inversions on the yoga swing. She was measuring a week ahead for months, but is back on track now. I still think she’s going to go a couple weeks early. I could be wrong, but I think it’ll be a bit early. Her mom went a bit early as well.

I tortured myself by going to the animal shelter when I know it’s not a good time to add another animal to our household, and one of my dogs had diarreah and was throwing up last night. It was a long night. We already have three dogs and three cats (one of the dogs is my BIL’s, but it’s still 6 animals in our house)

We really want a bigger house, but it has to wait. We don’t know if we’re staying where we’re at now. Anyone live in Colorado, Oregon, or Minnesota? They’re high on our list of potential states. Denver is where we’re all leaning. There are a ton of non-profits that are right up the gf’s ally and would offer her potential for growth and a chace to use her degree more effectively. There’s also land outside of the city that looks affordable, and the weather seems much more moderate than here (Iowa). We’ve considered Oregan, because they seem like a liberal state, and they’re close to the ocean which I’d like to be able to visit more regularly than once or twice a decade, but the amount of overcast days we’ve heard they have makes us nervous because we all have issues related to SAD. And I really don’t know if I can handle worse winters and less sun than what we deal with now if we moved to Minnesota. But Minnesota is in such desperate need of funeral directors in the rural areas that you can get paid a butt load and land is cheap.

I hung out with an old friend yesterday evening for awhile. We’re talking about starting a spiritual book club of sorts. And we sorted out some issues on the differences between our morals that were causing problems before. I got some clarification on things. I stood my ground that I wasn’t going to change who I am or hide it to be a part of this group, if I join. So that was a good couple hours.

Now to clean our house.........
                        It sounds like your life is in about as much of a whirlwind as mine is! Talk to me about your embalming certification, where are you doing that and for how long? We have a great community here and maybe we can find somewhere for you to crash so you aren't in your car while there. That's incredibly stressful sleeping in your car in an area you are you don't really know with a huge test like that.

Since getting home from vacation M has been going through a terror phase. We have never had a problem with meltdowns or tantrums and they have been in full swing for the last 2 weeks and I'm over it. I know he's going through changes and growing and he doesn't quite understand those big emotions that he's feeling but the those that he throws when he has to wait for a few extra mins for something or when he doesn't tell me he wants to hold his breakfast bar in his hand instead of put it in his bowl is about to drive me nuts.

Also passed my classes with flying colors, yay!!!! I'm not gonna lie I am incredibly proud of my time management, I was worried about the work trips and a full time job and a toddler being a problem but I made it happen. It probably helped that I was able to do work at work on occasion.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Well I got good news. Dad went to the auto shop today. They're still waiting for a few parts, but they said it should be fixed by next week. Yay! I can't wait to have my baby again. I also applied with DeVry University today about participating in their Web Design program. I am really wanting to go ahead and start that. I will be using loans again, but will be paying them off while I am working on the degree. Online learning is a good choice since I have to work evenings 5 days a week and only have 2 days off. Also I get a 25% discount from my work on the tuition. Yay!
                          Last edited by anubisa; 22 May 2019, 18:59.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Well I got good news. Dad went to the auto shop today. They're still waiting for a few parts, but they said it should be fixed by next week. Yay! I can't wait to have my baby again. I also applied with DeVry University today about participating in their Web Design program. I am really wanting to go ahead and start that. I will be using loans again, but will be paying them off while I am working on the degree. Online learning is a good choice since I have to work evenings 5 days a week and only have 2 days off. Also I get a 25% discount from my work on the tuition. Yay!
                            Web design is fun, but it can be hard to find a job. I say this from experience. My BA was studio art with a focus on graphic design (mostly web design). After months of searching, I gave up. There are jobs, but most require a lot of experience. You'll probably have more luck doing something IT related and working toward web design from there.

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            It sounds like your life is in about as much of a whirlwind as mine is! Talk to me about your embalming certification, where are you doing that and for how long? We have a great community here and maybe we can find somewhere for you to crash so you aren't in your car while there. That's incredibly stressful sleeping in your car in an area you are you don't really know with a huge test like that.

Since getting home from vacation M has been going through a terror phase. We have never had a problem with meltdowns or tantrums and they have been in full swing for the last 2 weeks and I'm over it. I know he's going through changes and growing and he doesn't quite understand those big emotions that he's feeling but the those that he throws when he has to wait for a few extra mins for something or when he doesn't tell me he wants to hold his breakfast bar in his hand instead of put it in his bowl is about to drive me nuts.

Also passed my classes with flying colors, yay!!!! I'm not gonna lie I am incredibly proud of my time management, I was worried about the work trips and a full time job and a toddler being a problem but I made it happen. It probably helped that I was able to do work at work on occasion.
                            I'll be in Ankeny, Iowa, which is about two hours away from home. I have friends that live in Boone, which is an hour drive north of Ankeny, but I'm not sure I'll be able to stay with them, mostly because I'm not sure how long I have to drive in from the time I'm called. Our embalmings are done on recently deceased actual cases vs medical donations like most schools do, which are pre-embalmed. I should have paid for a room earlier, and it wouldn't have been a problem, but I was planning to use a payment plan for my last bit of my bill for summer classes and found out that I couldn't set up a payment plan unless it was over $200. So that money ($120) went toward my bill rather than housing for those days.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Whoever petitioned the gods for rain, could you call it off now? This week, Oklahoma will break rainfall and flood-level records that have stood since record keeping began here. Also, we average about 55 tornados a year, and we currently stand at 70 just for April and May, with more storms predicted for the next few days.
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

A friend of mine just sold their house in Jefferson City, MO, the other day - and last night the tornado hit. The house is OK, but it was VERY close. I'm quite a ways south of there and nothing happened here. I hate this tornado/flooding crap.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X