Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    A friend of mine just sold their house in Jefferson City, MO, the other day - and last night the tornado hit. The house is OK, but it was VERY close. I'm quite a ways south of there and nothing happened here. I hate this tornado/flooding crap.
    My mom lives in Joplin and they got hit too. She was safe, fortunately.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      My mom lives in Joplin and they got hit too. She was safe, fortunately.
      Glad she's OK! Was she there when they had the big one a few years ago? That was pretty awful.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Glad she's OK! Was she there when they had the big one a few years ago? That was pretty awful.
        Not sure, I don't think so, though. She's been there for nearly two years and I recall her talking about some pretty gnarly flooding, but not from any torandos.
        “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
        Sneak Attack

Comment

Dad and I saw Aladdin yesterday. OMG I loved it so much! I won't reveal anything, but I think you all will love it. Will Smith did a great job! You will definitely love it!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Whoever petitioned the gods for rain, could you call it off now? This week, Oklahoma will break rainfall and flood-level records that have stood since record keeping began here. Also, we average about 55 tornados a year, and we currently stand at 70 just for April and May, with more storms predicted for the next few days.
            We'll take it please...we have wild fires.
            “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
            ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
            ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              Not sure, I don't think so, though. She's been there for nearly two years and I recall her talking about some pretty gnarly flooding, but not from any torandos.
              It was in 2011, so I guess she wasn't! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Joplin_tornado
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Don't want to go back to work on Monday. Good thing is, in about 5 weeks, I'll have 6 weeks off (again)!

Comment

Wow my recent Youtube video is getting very popular. So many viewers requested me to do a tarot reading on a cartoon character.

Comment

I have officially lost 25kg (or 55lbs. for 'muricah) with the keto diet, doing basically 0 exercise. I'm down to 90kg (198lbs) from my original 115kg (254lbs). Everything feels so much better. I still have about 4 or 5kg left before I start hitting the gym to help get rid of the flabbyness.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                      I have officially lost 25kg (or 55lbs. for 'muricah) with the keto diet, doing basically 0 exercise. I'm down to 90kg (198lbs) from my original 115kg (254lbs). Everything feels so much better. I still have about 4 or 5kg left before I start hitting the gym to help get rid of the flabbyness.
                      For serious? ... That's awesome and congrats
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

I just sold my first painting.
                        “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          Awesome!

Congrats!
                          "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                          ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            OMG! Congrats!

I had to leave work early. Boss told me that a stomach bug is going around. My stomach was feeling crappy and I felt like I was going to throw up. I came home and after taking a shower, all of the sudden my back started hurting. I just took one of my shots and it's helping me. It's just weird that that happened. Hopefully, I will feel better before I go to work later.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              OMG! Congrats!

I had to leave work early. Boss told me that a stomach bug is going around. My stomach was feeling crappy and I felt like I was going to throw up. I came home and after taking a shower, all of the sudden my back started hurting. I just took one of my shots and it's helping me. It's just weird that that happened. Hopefully, I will feel better before I go to work later.
                              The 24-hour virus. They're very unpredictable from my experience. I hope you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                                The 24-hour virus. They're very unpredictable from my experience. I hope you feel better.
                                Thanks. I went to the doctor yesterday and I still am having a lot of back pain. I had to leave early because of the pain. I went to the doctor and he prescribed some muscle relaxers. Hopefully, it will help soon.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X