What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I understand that this whole Coronavirus issue sucks. I have to take care of my nephew because he is out of school. However, we can't let this whole thing get us down. We still have ways to keep in contact with each other. We have face time. I have online classes already but I work well with that. You just can't give up because of what is happening.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I understand that this whole Coronavirus issue sucks. I have to take care of my nephew because he is out of school. However, we can't let this whole thing get us down. We still have ways to keep in contact with each other. We have face time. I have online classes already but I work well with that. You just can't give up because of what is happening.
      Well, that's easy for you to say. I have to give up my regular weekend routine to stay at home because of this crisis.
      Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 16 Mar 2020, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Well, that's easy for you to say. I have to give up my regular weekend routine to stay at home because of this crisis.
        Excuse me. Just because I live in West Virginia does not mean I do not have to give up certain things. You think that we haven't been having issues. I'm trying to stay positive. This is affecting us all and I don't appreciate you accusing me of having it easy. This truly shows how people can be when things like this come out.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Excuse me. Just because I live in West Virginia does not mean I do not have to give up certain things. You think that we haven't been having issues. I'm trying to stay positive. This is affecting us all and I don't appreciate you accusing me of having it easy. This truly shows how people can be when things like this come out.
          I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just speaking the truth of a very possible worst-case scenario in the event of some apocalyptic virus going to end the whole entire world and this is one of the worse case scenarios.
          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 16 Mar 2020, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just speaking the truth of a very possible worst-case scenario in the event of some apocalyptic virus going to end the whole entire world and this is one of the worse case scenarios.
            I'm sorry but I am getting tired of this whole negative crap with the Coronavirus. We just can't let ourselves curl in balls and not find someway to find positive in the negative. If people are going to continue being negative then I can't continue being around them. If I die then I will. I'm not afraid of death. But while I live I will not have anyone cause me to feel a great negativity in my life.
            Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              My college officially closes after tomorrow.

I get to do the last month of classes and finals remotely online. I cannot be left alone for any length of time, or I fall into a deep depression. My local gym just closed. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

This is BS.
              I'd say come visit us, but it's probably a really bad idea. I heard Canada is closing the borders.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              The conspiracy theories out there are pretty noteworthy - China did it on purpose to gain world dominance, Bill Gates had a hand in it, it's all somewhere in Hillary's emails, etc. I really hope it fades out soon, like flu season does. I'm such an introvert, I have no problem with staying home, etc., but a lot of people do.
              The most recent one I've heard is that Trump is trying to cover up experimentation that was happening on an American base in China with bioweapons. I don't know where this all comes from...

I'm sorry but I am getting tired of this whole negative crap with the Coronavirus. We just can't let ourselves curl in balls and not find someway to find positive in the negative. If people are going to continue being negative then I can't continue being around them. If I die then I will. I'm not afraid of death. But while I live I will not have anyone cause me to feel a great negativity in my life.
              Reality isn't always fluffy bunnies. What were experiencing right now is hard. People have a right to communicate that this is difficult for them without being made to feel guilty for their emotions. You can always scroll past, you don't always have to give a post your energy or chime in. I recommend doing that, because you arent going to find a lot of positive right now, and frankly, that ok and expected in this situation.
              Last edited by Shahaku; 16 Mar 2020, 22:20.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I understand that Shahaku. I didn't mean to come off the way I did. I guess I don't want everyone to focus on the negative from this virus. However, I hope everyone understands my thought on it and I will support everyone and keep praying for them in anyway possible. Blessings.
                Anubisa

Comment

So, as a rule, there are several threads that exist purely to make random comments or rants. You will at times run into greater than average negativity in such threads because they are convenient places to blow off steam. This is a feature not a bug. I prefer people blowing off steam here to doing so in more serious discussions that might be derailed. Frequently, the simplest answer is to scroll past the item in question because the poster is just blowing off steam and they aren't actually trying for any serious interaction. In some cases advice/jokes/sympathy are warranted but it can vary with the member. I know at least one staff member who generally does not want unsolicited advice in these threads and will not look kindly on receiving it but is moderately tolerant of bad jokes. Other people draw the line differently.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The whole world's on edge right now. After the virus fades out, which it will, an epidemic of poverty will follow.That, to me, is scarier. Someone I know personally saw a man today at her bank wanting to withdraw the entire 600K he had there. That's called "a run on the banks" and is the kind of panic that caused the Great Depression. (Why someone would have 600K in a regular bank is beyond me, but that's another topic.) I wish everyone would cooperate and play nice....I know better, but still I wish.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm kinda enjoying the memes that have come out of this situation. And if that's the only positive I can take away, I'll take it... to my grave, if I must.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I found a meme saying 'The Coronavirus is a respiratory disease, not an assatory disease.' This is referring to the toilet paper shortage of course. I hope I didn't offend anyone before about being positive, etc... Everyone goes through this in their own way, so I am praying for everyone around the world and sending out light and love.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          I'm kinda enjoying the memes that have come out of this situation. And if that's the only positive I can take away, I'll take it... to my grave, if I must.
                          The memes are gold, indeed.

I have to admit that I take a certain sadistic pleasure by seeing the supermarkets empty and people panicking about everything. Gets a few chuckles out of me. Totally not in an evil satanist way, nooo sir.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                            The memes are gold, indeed.

I have to admit that I take a certain sadistic pleasure by seeing the supermarkets empty and people panicking about everything. Gets a few chuckles out of me. Totally not in an evil satanist way, nooo sir.
                            gotta laugh at something. funnily, although hoarding toilet paper has been a thing all over this country too, my particular town didn't do that. we have had plenty in stores all along. bread was hard to find for a few days. and for reasons unknown to anyone logical… washing up sponges were impossible to locate?
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

just a little positive to calm things down
                              Sugar tree summers
                              Riding down the silver shiny playground slide,running until you just can not run any more
                              mother screaming out your name to come inside for that welcome meal and up and out again seeking childhoods wonderful adventure
                              time moves as slow as the sticky heat and sweat running down your sweet young face not yet burdened by adult despair
                              everything is possible and the summer will never end,just a sweet morning for another never ending bout of pleasure just to be alive.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've been painting a lot recently, partially because people carry evil and plague and I don't want to leave my house normally. I'm thinking I'm going to paint a tarot deck. I'm halfway through the magician and hoping I can keep motivation to at least finish the major arcana.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X