What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

At the same time the Notre Dame was burning there was a mosque in Jerusalem burning. https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2...l-Aqsa-Mosque/

Apparently April 15th continues to be a crappy day in history.
    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I hope that Notre Dame will be saved. I so wanted to see it.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Well the latest news is the fire is out, and the plans for rebuilding it are underway. The facades and belltowers are still standing and stable, and a number of the most valuable objects, including the altar, were saved. Bad. But not as bad as it could have been.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm just more concerned about the people rather than the church. I do care about the church but I care more about the people in the church.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I'm just more concerned about the people rather than the church. I do care about the church but I care more about the people in the church.
            A few police and firefighters got hurt in the process, but no deaths Bart, everyone got out safe.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              A few police and firefighters got hurt in the process, but no deaths Bart, everyone got out safe.
              Ok thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                That didn't mean I didn't care about those who were putting out the fire or were part of the process BMH. I just have always wanted to see Notre Dame and it's always been a treasure to the world in which I think people should see.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

That didn't mean I didn't care about those who were putting out the fire or were part of the process BMH. I just have always wanted to see Notre Dame and it's always been a treasure to the world in which I think people should see.
                  I know that. Just wanted to point that out. Yes I know that the church is very iconic and also that people and the church are important. No big deal really and it very sad that it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    Fires in renovations are more likely to be caused by welders, cutting torches, cutting wheels, etc, things that can throw sparks and hot metal slag.
                    This, bad wiring, and the possibility of someone smoking where there were rags, etc. with solvents from cleaning, paints, etc., were my guesses (based on what I do for a living).
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I can buy coffin nails and grave dirt on Amazon, which wasnt the original thing I set out to learn today, nor do I ever intend to, but that's a thing you can do. I ... have so many questions. I think the answer is something something the commoditization of faith.
                      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        I can buy coffin nails and grave dirt on Amazon, which wasnt the original thing I set out to learn today, nor do I ever intend to, but that's a thing you can do. I ... have so many questions. I think the answer is something something the commoditization of faith.

Ebay has a nice selection of possessed dolls, if you're shopping...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Used or new? Asking for a friend.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I just discovered today that there's a Ron Burgundy Podcast. If you are an Anchorman fan, I highly recommend. It's hilarious.

(disclaimer: the SO doesn't agree with me)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              Used or new? Asking for a friend.
                              I think for authenticity it needs to be used? Either way the reviews are ridiculous. I especially loved the 5 star reviews of grave dirt, many of which were along the lines of 'spooky or haunted' and the one guy who likened it to the first time they'd seen a dead person. Dunno what's going on with that dude but I hope hes okay. Shout out to the 1 star review which amounted to 'its dirt' like dang it sure is. I wonder if these are all ethnically sourced, like, how do you even get a consistent supply of coffin nails? Especially for a buck a pop? Youd think they'd be used for something.

Frequently bought with: suggestively shaped black "hoodoo" candles with just straight up hex instructions in the product description. The reviews on these are just great, really pleased with the person who expected the $6 booby woman candle would be handcrafted by a "magickal occult practitioner" and got "made in China" instead. This journey felt like dropping into a heavy handed urban fantasy novel. Worked great for my hex, arrived early, would order again. Like, how often do you need to buy grave dirt? Realistically I'd expect it to be reusable.
                              Circe

Comment

I see those type things and I honestly want to ask if they know the difference between a graveyard and a cemetery. Realistically grave dirt from a cemetery wouldn't be the same as grave dirt from an actual graveyard. That doesn't even take into consideration how actual graveyards were broken down into which area's were proper and respected versus which areas where for the unclean and so called unfit / unsaved.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X