Page 213 of 214 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2137

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Lots of depression around lately. It is definitely a time to be vigilant about taking care of our mental health.

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Found the #homecoming section on Tik Tok. Spent half an hour crying at all the reunion videos.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Sounds like depression.

Not to intrude on your personal life, but medication mostly works for my issues.
    It's okay. You're not intruding. Thing is that I'm taking depression medication. Maybe I need to talk to schedule a visit with my doctor.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Fanfiction.net Profile

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Well I finally found a place in Charleston that does the lap band surgery and takes Medicaid and Medicare insurance. Lap band is pretty much my only surgery option because of my medicine issues. I got an appointment and will be going to see the doctor on June 4th. I am hoping the doctor will give me some hope. I know it's not just about getting the surgery, it's a lifestyle change. However, I really need some help. I've tried a lot of things and I hope this will go through.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

I started a new job this week. Back in central sterile, mostly I'll be doing endoscopes. I'm going to be a lead tech, so I'll be coming in basically in charge of one location's CS department. Where I'm training at now, it sounds like it's a bit of a cluster. Nobody out there is really doing things the way they're supposed to. Skipping steps, etc. I'm getting nervous, cause if I'm responsible for getting them back in shape I'm probably going to be in the midst of a tense workplace for awhile.

On another note, I've been tempted to start a coven of sorts lately. It's been on my mind a lot. Idk. I might try it.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    I started a new job this week. Back in central sterile, mostly I'll be doing endoscopes. I'm going to be a lead tech, so I'll be coming in basically in charge of one location's CS department. Where I'm training at now, it sounds like it's a bit of a cluster. Nobody out there is really doing things the way they're supposed to. Skipping steps, etc. I'm getting nervous, cause if I'm responsible for getting them back in shape I'm probably going to be in the midst of a tense workplace for awhile.

On another note, I've been tempted to start a coven of sorts lately. It's been on my mind a lot. Idk. I might try it.
    Congrats on the new job! Sounds tough but I'm sure you can pull it off.
    Coven stuff has been on my mind for a couple of years now, but as a Satanist, presiding a more generic witchcraft/occult coven just seems like something many people would not be on board with.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Good luck on the job! I'm very sure you will do great on it! On the coven issue, what kind of coven do you think you are going to start?
    Anubisa

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

You'll kill it, I have faith in your abilities.

There's a UU Church in Jackson that has a coven connected to it however I've reached out to them to find out about open rituals and just general information because I would enjoy participating in group rituals but the High Priest really couldn't give me derivatives besides he allowed his coven members to worship whatever pantheon they wanted. So I've decided to stay solitary for a while longer.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    You'll kill it, I have faith in your abilities.

There's a UU Church in Jackson that has a coven connected to it however I've reached out to them to find out about open rituals and just general information because I would enjoy participating in group rituals but the High Priest really couldn't give me derivatives besides he allowed his coven members to worship whatever pantheon they wanted. So I've decided to stay solitary for a while longer.
    Does the bold mean what I think it does?

If it does then I really want to know what a group ceremony where you have a devotee of the Aztec gods, a Christo-Pagan, a Hellenic Recon and one or two Heathens (and yes, I'm pulling pantheons out of thin air for my example) all in the same ritual space would look like.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Does the bold mean what I think it does?

If it does then I really want to know what a group ceremony where you have a devotee of the Aztec gods, a Christo-Pagan, a Hellenic Recon and one or two Heathens (and yes, I'm pulling pantheons out of thin air for my example) all in the same ritual space would look like.
    His exact words were "no I allow my members to choose their own as long as it's not a evil or dangerous path" Like that's how he lead off, and it really really rubbed me wrong that he used the words "ALLOWS his members", and I guess he has that mind set because he is the high priest of the coven that he set up. I should have asked for clarification if he allows them to worship who they want during say full moon ritual but has a set pantheon for ritual but I was trying to quickly exit the conversation. But what you are describing is basically what I envisioned.

I was really looking for an established coven and thats not what I got from him.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect