Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
    A doctor did prescribe it for her if I am following correctly. I should let Anubisa answer, but I think it is a temporary program to help her get to another step in a medical process.

This must be rough Anubisa, but I bet you can do it.
    Thanks for the replies/info! I didn't see her initial post and was worried it was a dieting thing.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      800 calories a day is extremely unhealthy. Did a doctor recommend this diet to you?
      I'm under it from my Bariatric surgeon. She recommended that I try it. They did labs before I officially started it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
      A doctor did prescribe it for her if I am following correctly. I should let Anubisa answer, but I think it is a temporary program to help her get to another step in a medical process.

This must be rough Anubisa, but I bet you can do it.
      Yeah. It is rough. It follows ketoacidosis and I'm used to eating anytime I want. So I try to spread the times out. Though I have lost three pounds so far. That is motivating me. It won't be permanent, because believe me it is not something I would not want to do the rest of my life. You use packets every day. So that's a big no. But it's temporary for now. I also see another bariatric surgeon tomorrow. He's been denying me the lap band and I want the explanation. So he should be giving it to me.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I want to get a pet snake but I'm having trouble with the initial investment... I'll try to ask my mom for some extra bucks :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I'm low af, but it's holidays, so I'm letting myself sleep, playing with Essential Oils, making soap, and drinking. Life could be worse.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
            I want to get a pet snake but I'm having trouble with the initial investment... I'll try to ask my mom for some extra bucks :P
            I have a corn snake! The biggest investment is the tank.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

We're considering getting a tortoise. It's a small one, doesn't get much bigger than a foot around. The vet that my gf works for has a reptile rescue, and is willing to adopt one of her tortoises to us. But we're waiting for things to settle after baby and see how we feel then. We already have a good sized tank for him. My husband was thinking fish when he picked up the free tank and I was like, no. No fish. Fish are a pain and I am NOT cleaning a fish tank on the regular. Every time I've ever tried fish I get to that stage and kill them all. Nope. And Sammie vetoed anything that eats another living creature. She just can't tolerate it in our home, even though she's perfectly ok with it in nature. Which I get. Which leaves us with tortoise.

Baby is doing really well. One week old today. Nursing is going well, she sleeps for 4 hour chunks at night, and none of us are feeling sleep deprived or exhausted which is great.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I've talked to the bariatric surgeon yesterday and it's basically the same that he said a few years back. He said he couldn't do it because of the fact of the issues I have with my body. So I am a little disappointed, but he said I could get a second opinion through Cleveland Clinic or UPMC. He advised me not to get one through another that is not a small hospital or something like that. I'm a little disappointed, but I am not giving up.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  I've talked to the bariatric surgeon yesterday and it's basically the same that he said a few years back. He said he couldn't do it because of the fact of the issues I have with my body. So I am a little disappointed, but he said I could get a second opinion through Cleveland Clinic or UPMC. He advised me not to get one through another that is not a small hospital or something like that. I'm a little disappointed, but I am not giving up.
                  If I may ask what issues with your body is he referring to. Are they medical issues?
                  Last edited by kalynraye; 12 Jul 2019, 09:33.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                    If I may ask what issues with your body is he referring to. Are they medical issues?
                    The issues I'm talking about are my panhypopituitarism, hypothyroidism, glycogen storage disease, and enlarged liver (lucky me). So according to him, the enlarged liver makes it hard to get to the stomach. The medicines for the steroids would make it hard to heal. So I'm sort of S-O-L. He told me they are getting rid of the lap band because it is dangerous. He also told me that the gastric balloon is something you have to pay for out of pocket. Also they are looking into it because there were 6 deaths last year when it was put in. So I don't know. I'm trying not to be depressed about this.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      The issues I'm talking about are my panhypopituitarism, hypothyroidism, glycogen storage disease, and enlarged liver (lucky me). So according to him, the enlarged liver makes it hard to get to the stomach. The medicines for the steroids would make it hard to heal. So I'm sort of S-O-L. He told me they are getting rid of the lap band because it is dangerous. He also told me that the gastric balloon is something you have to pay for out of pocket. Also they are looking into it because there were 6 deaths last year when it was put in. So I don't know. I'm trying not to be depressed about this.
                      That's quite a list of health issues. Must be hard. Is that also the reason why it's difficult to lose weight? Because those diseases affect your metabolism or something? (if you don't mind me asking of course). I hope the doctors will be able to help you.

I'm going to do a little food challenge myself. I'm going to cut back on sugars starting monday. I've had some sugar cravings lately that I want to reduce. Today and tomorrow are going to be prep days, looking for healthy foods to eat. I'm going to avoid added sugars, so things like fruits are still in. I'm looking for delicious healthy salads, so if any of you know some good recipes, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
                        That's quite a list of health issues. Must be hard. Is that also the reason why it's difficult to lose weight? Because those diseases affect your metabolism or something? (if you don't mind me asking of course). I hope the doctors will be able to help you.

I'm going to do a little food challenge myself. I'm going to cut back on sugars starting monday. I've had some sugar cravings lately that I want to reduce. Today and tomorrow are going to be prep days, looking for healthy foods to eat. I'm going to avoid added sugars, so things like fruits are still in. I'm looking for delicious healthy salads, so if any of you know some good recipes, let me know
                        I don't mind you asking hon. My medicines affect my weight loss. Some of them work against me and make me gain weight. Also right now I am going through the Keto Flu. Here's a link: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/keto-flu-symptoms. It's sort of like coming off caffeine cold. I'm having headaches, feeling foggy at work, a little irritable (but trying to keep that in), and having some weakness. It should pass soon. I'm just looking forward to getting out of this stage.
                        Anubisa

Comment

I think New York City have a blackout. :O

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                            I think New York City have a blackout. :O
                            Funny thing is, the part of the city affected is pretty much exactly where I walked when I was there in June. I walked from Penn Station over to 5th and up, across the park to 8th and up to 72nd, then back down 8th to Penn Station.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Funny thing is, the part of the city affected is pretty much exactly where I walked when I was there in June. I walked from Penn Station over to 5th and up, across the park to 8th and up to 72nd, then back down 8th to Penn Station.
                              The city got electricity again and it was short lived. Yay!

Comment

Lord Anubis, I'm craving cheese so bad. My mom said that they tried to do this before and I would take my allowance and buy cheese. I am just feeling so hungry and want more to eat, but I am sticking it through. I know it will be worth it.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X