Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I think for authenticity it needs to be used? Either way the reviews are ridiculous. I especially loved the 5 star reviews of grave dirt, many of which were along the lines of 'spooky or haunted' and the one guy who likened it to the first time they'd seen a dead person. Dunno what's going on with that dude but I hope hes okay. Shout out to the 1 star review which amounted to 'its dirt' like dang it sure is. I wonder if these are all ethnically sourced, like, how do you even get a consistent supply of coffin nails? Especially for a buck a pop? Youd think they'd be used for something.

Frequently bought with: suggestively shaped black "hoodoo" candles with just straight up hex instructions in the product description. The reviews on these are just great, really pleased with the person who expected the $6 booby woman candle would be handcrafted by a "magickal occult practitioner" and got "made in China" instead. This journey felt like dropping into a heavy handed urban fantasy novel. Worked great for my hex, arrived early, would order again. Like, how often do you need to buy grave dirt? Realistically I'd expect it to be reusable.
    If you ever want a bit of gravedirt, let me know, I can probably get my hands on some for the cost of shipping.

There are some cultures that only bury their dead long enough for them to decompose, then use the bones. And one culture, somewhere, brings their preserved dead out of their coffins once a year, feeds them, changes their clothes, washes them, etc. So, you could probably source a small supply from things like that. More than likely someone in China is making a bunch of nails, soaking them, tossing them in dirt, etc to make them look used, and shipping them here with the label of coffin nails... if the nails could realistically be used for coffins, then there isn't really anything wrong with that.

But caskets are rarely actually closed with nails in the modern world anymore. Typically, there's a sealing gasket that you close with a special screwdriver thing (I should know the name but it isn't coming to mind). The exceptions I can think of are for Jewish and Islamic burials, and they don't allow any metal, so they wouldn't use nails anyway...
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Going to see Dumbo tomorrow with my Mom, Dad, and nephew. It's been forever since I have seen a movie with my Mom. Then after, straight off to work.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Something under my desk makes a weird chirping noise. Like there's a cricket stuck inside the wood, lol. I think I know what it is and a little WD40 ought to fix it, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Too tired right now.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I Dungeon Mastered a completely improvised one-shot for some friends because they SUDDENLY wanted to try pen&paper rpg. I made the story completely as I went. I just told them to make their characters and I'll figure out their passives and strengths as they went.

One created a Bard. The second one a Rogue that could use lightning magic... ok. Then the third created a Paladin, good good...

And the fourth decided he was Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect series. And for some reason I allowed it. His backstory is that he was pursuing some dude with a prothean artifact and his biotic powers interacted with the artifact that opened a wormhole that transported him to the med-fantasy world of the other three. Great Start.

The Paladin rolls 1 intelligence. I decide he can only say 1 word per hour.

A lava ogre (literally an ogre made of lava, about 3m tall) trips and falls on top of Commander Shepard, then explodes in molten lava, immediately killing him. Fortunately the Paladin rolled a crit for a divine prayer that made the gods take pity of their team and save Shepard with 1hp left.

They continually rolled 1's and 2's during the whole story. Fortunately for them, I rolled low scores often as well. I was dumbfounded by the incompetence of every f***ing character in this campaign.

Was fun, would do again. I'm currently writing down the campaign to see if I can flesh it out in the future, it's a nice 5 hour long one shot, that can definitely be shorter or longer depending on the paths the adventurers take.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
            I Dungeon Mastered a completely improvised one-shot for some friends because they SUDDENLY wanted to try pen&paper rpg. I made the story completely as I went. I just told them to make their characters and I'll figure out their passives and strengths as they went.

One created a Bard. The second one a Rogue that could use lightning magic... ok. Then the third created a Paladin, good good...

And the fourth decided he was Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect series. And for some reason I allowed it. His backstory is that he was pursuing some dude with a prothean artifact and his biotic powers interacted with the artifact that opened a wormhole that transported him to the med-fantasy world of the other three. Great Start.

The Paladin rolls 1 intelligence. I decide he can only say 1 word per hour.

A lava ogre (literally an ogre made of lava, about 3m tall) trips and falls on top of Commander Shepard, then explodes in molten lava, immediately killing him. Fortunately the Paladin rolled a crit for a divine prayer that made the gods take pity of their team and save Shepard with 1hp left.

They continually rolled 1's and 2's during the whole story. Fortunately for them, I rolled low scores often as well. I was dumbfounded by the incompetence of every f***ing character in this campaign.

Was fun, would do again. I'm currently writing down the campaign to see if I can flesh it out in the future, it's a nice 5 hour long one shot, that can definitely be shorter or longer depending on the paths the adventurers take.
            This sounds like so much fun!
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Today I went to the mall to get my port charger of my phone fixed because my phone charger of the plug keeps popping out. Also after it was fixed I was going to the subway on my way home, I saw a man in the wheelchair taking his clothes off and he was completely nude. I think he mentally ill. Sad.

Comment

Saw Dumbo today with Dad and my nephew Ayden. I was sort of disappointed in it. No, I didn't expect it to be a complete remake of the original. We can't have singing crows, a talking stork, or a talking mouse, etc... However, I just am disappointed because it seems more sad. Though it is happy in the end. I just wanted it to be more happy in the movie than sad.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  This sounds like so much fun!
                  It was!!! Now they've asked me to come up with a campaign. They decided on Modern Fantasy which is probably the setting that I know the least of (they're going for the feeling of later installments of the Final Fantasy series... i haven't even played a Final Fantasy game in my life...). I've got some work to do. I've decided on a two monitor setup with two instances of MapTools so I can more easily convey space and atmosphere.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    Saw Dumbo today with Dad and my nephew Ayden. I was sort of disappointed in it. No, I didn't expect it to be a complete remake of the original. We can't have singing crows, a talking stork, or a talking mouse, etc... However, I just am disappointed because it seems more sad. Though it is happy in the end. I just wanted it to be more happy in the movie than sad.
                    I think some of the animals that wasn't shown in remake might caused some controversy.

Comment

Sadder than the original? I'm out. That one really got me in animated form; I haven't seen it since I was a child because of the sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                        Sadder than the original? I'm out. That one really got me in animated form; I haven't seen it since I was a child because of the sad.
                        Yeah. One of the Facebook groups I'm in posted a trigger warning for it for adoptive/foster parents because it was triggering their kiddos abandonment triggers.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I just found a really cool article about the "Masche" women in Italy - this would probably be a fit in another topic but I'm not sure which one.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/p...7EwQRMwyX_edk8
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I was browsing BC history at work today, and now I'm terribly homesick. I love the north, but the idea that I may never feel the salt air on my flesh again makes me sad.

I wish I could live in both places at once.

Mostly art.

Comment

Enjoying a long weekend here. Today I'm off as well and then next weekend again from friday till monday. I could get used to long weekends!

Comment

Had to work yesterday on Easter. They didn't pay me time and 1/2. Oh well, could have been worse. Have to go to the doctor today at 9:30 but can't sleep. Hopefully, I can sleep before my appt.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X