Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I'm so nervous tomorrow. I have my exam at work and I think I also do some floor hours as well. I'm trying to go over everything in my mind and it's just all jumbled up. Here's hoping all goes well.
    Do what you can. What you can't do can't be done. This is the reality of existence. What is, is. What is not is not
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

i remember in that "vision" i did not want to go back,but was told that i must, the doc said they had a hard time bringing me back,like i did not want to respond to their methods, and they had to force my return with paddles
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        i remember in that "vision" i did not want to go back,but was told that i must, the doc said they had a hard time bringing me back,like i did not want to respond to their methods, and they had to force my return with paddles
        I'm glad you're still here anu.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

it was like that movie the matrix thing it was a conversation about if i wanted to go back to being alive again,i guess i said yes. the doc said i came close when a clot went to my brain,and they got it i guess,they did an mri after i came to. to make sure they got all of it. i guess they ggot it my being here now.

- - - Updated - - -

now on blood thinners and anti cholesterol meds
          Maybe your closer to the Shamanic side of things than you realize. Going to the veil and coming back was one of the traits of the shaman's calling. No one ever said at what age that calling would come. The illness is often part of it where the world turns topsy turvey and nothing makes sense as it's all out of whack and you truly walk in more than one world at the same time. Then it can take years before it settles out
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

then i ran into some terf types who said i did not give up my male privileged,i think they imagined it was just handed out at birth ,not fought to not get beaten to a pulp,or threatened with rape or other things men eat their own tooi if you are not the top dog you get the whip,and become the alphas bitch,that is what growing up in that privileged state really is like. fight not to be broken and flee any way you can to what you imagine is a safer place in that other female camp,only to find you are still someones bitch even there. so no real safe place to live ever.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Was chatting with a friend on the phone tonight who used to have a lot of the same dietary problems I'm suffering from now. She told me to look into fructose malabsorption - apparently she cannot process sugars. She still has a few restrictions (like no soy, no gluten) but by completing giving up sugars, aka fruits, honey, alcohol, maple syrup, sugar, etc she got back a lot of the other foods that used to make her sick.

We share a lot of the same symptoms, so I think I'm going to talk to my naturopath about it next time I see her. I'll full on admit though, I'd almost rather have 20 major food group restrictions than lose chocolate and fruit.
              “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck with that, Volcaniclastic. if I had to give up chocolate, i don't know what i'd do.
                In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
                  I wish you the best of luck with that, Volcaniclastic. if I had to give up chocolate, i don't know what i'd do.
                  That's fair. Currently I can't eat eggs, gluten, dairy, yeast, rice, potatoes, peas, chickpeas, basil, pistachios, mushrooms, corn, or processed sugar. I only eat fruits, nuts (but not pistachios), vegetables (but not mushrooms, peas, corn or potatoes), fish, wild meat, legumes (but not chickpeas), and non-gluten grains like millet, buckwheat, and quinoa.

So, I mean, if I had to give up chocolate and fruit and all things sweet, but got to get back even half of the above list...

It's a trade off. I'm not even sure how to get tested for it, but I'll still mention it to my naturopath next time I see her. My partner suggested giving up coffee for a month after an article he read, so I'm going to add that to the list after I get back from my mini-vacation.

(but I'll likely die without espresso )
                  Last edited by volcaniclastic; 17 Feb 2019, 21:18.
                  “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

then i ran into some terf types who said i did not give up my male privileged,i think they imagined it was just handed out at birth ,not fought to not get beaten to a pulp,or threatened with rape or other things men eat their own tooi if you are not the top dog you get the whip,and become the alphas bitch,that is what growing up in that privileged state really is like. fight not to be broken and flee any way you can to what you imagine is a safer place in that other female camp,only to find you are still someones bitch even there. so no real safe place to live ever.
                    The presumed or implied male privilege got to love it. That magical position that is handed out at birth supposedly, especially to white males if you listen to all the rhetoric. Perhaps it is to a certain economic grouping that falls into a certain social category due to birth or caste system. Sure didn't seem to happen from what I saw growing up.

You had those who though they were Alpha's, those who were Alpha's, those who were Beta's and those who were lone wolf's. The pesudo Alpha was always trying to prove they were alpha's by picking fights and trying to push their way and supposed muscle. You had the beta's that were always kissing their asses or just plain beta's who blindly followed the group. The real alpha who usually stood on the side and perhaps stepped forward and stomped on the pseudo or showed they were leaders. Then you had the Lone wolf's who really worried the pseudo's because they tended to be quiet and may or may not run with the edges of the group and quietly just follow along for a bit. But could turn and lock the pseudo by the throat at a moments notice or just turn and walk away just as easily which pissed them off even more. Often because of how the rest perceived it when they walked away, not as fear but more as contempt.

But sure as heck don't recall any privilege in there.

Closest thing to privilege I recall is going to a girls house with my cousin and spending time talking to her mom while he spent time with her. I was 17 and she was in her mid 30's. Both my cousin and his girlfriend made jokes after that I should come with them to keep her mom happy and she liked me and I gave her adult conversations. Later when we were talking about it in front of of another cousin of mine, he looked at them both and said it's because I was a loner, a lone wolf and her mom recognized the Alpha. My cousin for all his posturing was nothing more than a pseudo alpha and she saw that to though her daughter didn't.

That's the way it always was for me. Didn't like to fight or care to fight and was always the quiet one sitting with my back to a wall and watching doors. The true Alpha's I knew never challenged as they said no point to it. The pseudo's would occasionally push and I'd take it for a bit then go for the jugular. But the true Alpha's would always tell them that's what was going to happen anyway. Then word usually got around to leave me alone.

But like you said it was privilege that was earned not bestowed by birth or given to us. My sister's earned their's the same way, usually quiet until they had enough they struck back. They just got more emotional than I did, I just turned cold inside but all of us got black eyes when it happened. People said our eyes turned into black empty pits.

Family wise though I am told that is due to our heritage being a combination of Black Irish and Scottish Highlander with Southern Hillybilly behind it and whatever else is tossed in.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

i'm thinking about the headcold i have. having the sniffles, chapped lips, sore throat all sucks.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      That's fair. Currently I can't eat eggs, gluten, dairy, yeast, rice, potatoes, peas, chickpeas, basil, pistachios, mushrooms, corn, or processed sugar. I only eat fruits, nuts (but not pistachios), vegetables (but not mushrooms, peas, corn or potatoes), fish, wild meat, legumes (but not chickpeas), and non-gluten grains like millet, buckwheat, and quinoa.

So, I mean, if I had to give up chocolate and fruit and all things sweet, but got to get back even half of the above list...

It's a trade off. I'm not even sure how to get tested for it, but I'll still mention it to my naturopath next time I see her. My partner suggested giving up coffee for a month after an article he read, so I'm going to add that to the list after I get back from my mini-vacation.

i'm so sorry to hear about all those dietary restrictions. it's got to be real tough to manage.
                      Last edited by Oshii; 17 Feb 2019, 21:36.
                      In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

There's a really great book called I Quit Sugar that has some amazing recipes in it. And you can always get really dark chocolate, pure cocoa, or bakers chocolate. I make hot chocolate that way sometimes, and add a little coconut oil to sweeten it. I also make black bean pudding for Sammie (I think I may have originally gotten that recipe from Thal). I use black beans, coconut milk, and cocoa powder. I usually add agave, but it's not absolutely necessary. It's not something that I really like, but once your tastebuds adjust to less sugar, it might be okay. I'm terrible about sugar consumption, but that book did give me some tips and tricks to lower my consumption.

I have a friend who has a disorder that causes fructose intolerance. She passed it onto her 4 kids before she was diagnosed and realized it was a hereditary thing. Now they're all on really strict diets. It also causes her joints to hyperextend (?) and she has to wear these special silver ring splints to keep her fingers from dislocating all the time. It's another symptom of that condition. I can't remember what it's called, but I can ask if you like.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

truth is i almost caught that ride at 27,went down a fight of stairs and through a glass door,but only woke up in a hospital,with no broken bones just a small scar over my right eye

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Checked the mailbox today and was very surprised when I got mail from Pierpont Technical and Community College. I had applied for their Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts program and got accepted to both. I will be starting in the Fall Semester so I have to start saving up a lot of money from my paychecks. I decided to change schools and majors because Culinary Arts is the first major I did go into. I lived in Beckley and when I got out of high school I had no clue what I wanted to do. So my mom pushed me to take Culinary Arts at Mountain State University. It was the newest program. I loved it. I was two years in it when we moved to SC. So I am happy I got accepted. It won't be far from the job or home, but it will be rough especially with the job. It will be worth it though.
                            May I make a suggestion? Do NOT go to culinary school. I am being 100% serious on this. As someone who has $40,000 worth of debt from a culinary school and spent 8 years in the industry with a husband who is still in it DO NOT go to culinary school. The pay is terrible, and the hours are worse. If you want to work in the industry be it a pastry chef, or a line cook then my best advice to you is to go work in a restaurant. You will start at the absolute bottom just like you would with a culinary degree except without all the debt and learn way more there then any class could teach you.

I loved the culinary industry. I loved it deeply. I lived and breathed it. Its long hard hours, you work nights, weekends, and every holiday. You are underappreciated for all the work you put into it. But if you have the passion for it those few people who do appreciate all you do will make all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it.

I'd also suggest you look at jobs posted in your area. If you don't live in a major metropolitan then chances are there is an over saturation of those in the culinary field and you aren't going to be able to find a decent paying job. I know this because hey we moved to Wisconsin where there's a tech that has a culinary and pastry program. Everyone loved my resume and loved the work I could do but didn't want to pay me what I deserved because while the kids fresh out of culinary school couldn't do what I could do they could pay them $8.50 an hour and they were a dime a dozen.

In the end I left a profession I loved with my soul because my husband and I could not afford our bills and to raise our child off two chef incomes. He did land an Executive Sous Chef position shortly after I found a new job, making much better money but it took almost 15 years for that. So before you decide to throw money at a degree that those in the industry could care less about. You degree doesn't matter its experience in a professional kitchen does. I'd recommend you go stage at a restaurant and see what its really like.

- - - Updated - - -

While I am very sorry to hear all of those restrictions, I find the challenge of coming up with recipes and dishes you can have absolutely intoxicating! That would test my culinary skills like no others. I used to be a personal chef for a married couple who had extreme diet restrictions (because they liked to live it up on vacation not because they actually couldn't have these things) and I had a list of ingredients I was allowed to use and portion amounts of each. They could not have any sugar of any kind it also had to be fat free, gluten free, soy free oh and no salt! That killed me. However I was allowed an exception for Mother's day. I was given permission to make the wife raspberry macaroons for Mother's day.

Espresso was also one thing they didn't give up. I know I could not.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              May I make a suggestion? Do NOT go to culinary school. I am being 100% serious on this. As someone who has $40,000 worth of debt from a culinary school and spent 8 years in the industry with a husband who is still in it DO NOT go to culinary school. The pay is terrible, and the hours are worse. If you want to work in the industry be it a pastry chef, or a line cook then my best advice to you is to go work in a restaurant. You will start at the absolute bottom just like you would with a culinary degree except without all the debt and learn way more there then any class could teach you.

I loved the culinary industry. I loved it deeply. I lived and breathed it. Its long hard hours, you work nights, weekends, and every holiday. You are underappreciated for all the work you put into it. But if you have the passion for it those few people who do appreciate all you do will make all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it.

I'd also suggest you look at jobs posted in your area. If you don't live in a major metropolitan then chances are there is an over saturation of those in the culinary field and you aren't going to be able to find a decent paying job. I know this because hey we moved to Wisconsin where there's a tech that has a culinary and pastry program. Everyone loved my resume and loved the work I could do but didn't want to pay me what I deserved because while the kids fresh out of culinary school couldn't do what I could do they could pay them $8.50 an hour and they were a dime a dozen.

In the end I left a profession I loved with my soul because my husband and I could not afford our bills and to raise our child off two chef incomes. He did land an Executive Sous Chef position shortly after I found a new job, making much better money but it took almost 15 years for that. So before you decide to throw money at a degree that those in the industry could care less about. You degree doesn't matter its experience in a professional kitchen does. I'd recommend you go stage at a restaurant and see what its really like.

- - - Updated - - -

While I am very sorry to hear all of those restrictions, I find the challenge of coming up with recipes and dishes you can have absolutely intoxicating! That would test my culinary skills like no others. I used to be a personal chef for a married couple who had extreme diet restrictions (because they liked to live it up on vacation not because they actually couldn't have these things) and I had a list of ingredients I was allowed to use and portion amounts of each. They could not have any sugar of any kind it also had to be fat free, gluten free, soy free oh and no salt! That killed me. However I was allowed an exception for Mother's day. I was given permission to make the wife raspberry macaroons for Mother's day.

Espresso was also one thing they didn't give up. I know I could not.
                              One time I was doing odd jobs for a Christian Summer Camp in Johnathon Creek Kentucky during the winter when they were getting it ready for the kids during the summer and they hired a Chef that graduated from the university of houston I think and one time he gathered up hickory sticks and grilled the best tasting hamburgers I ever had using sticks he gathered up off the ground.
                              whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

i agree about the coffee,i could not give that up

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X