Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1124

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Nice. I wish I had pie.
    Me too... XD
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

$280 richer. I flippin' love tip money.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

I am torn.. I have a midterm that I will be doing tonight and then "off" for spring break, and I am torn between doing as little as possible and just enjoying the time with my boys or doing some major cooking and prepping for the next few weeks. Like there is so much I want to make and can't any more because of all the time I spend doing homework now.

I allow myself one night a week of no homework and on those nights I just want to veg and enjoy Kendall's company I have no desire to cook. I also don't do homework during the week if M. is awake. When I get home we eat dinner and I spend time with him. But I have an entire week to not worry about assignments and I could do some major cook/baking and prepping and I'm torn.

biscuits
    pies
    english muffins
    breakfast burritos
    soups
    freezer meals
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Mar 2019
    Religion
    Solitary Witchcraft
    Phrase
    Question everything.

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    I am torn.. I have a midterm that I will be doing tonight and then "off" for spring break, and I am torn between doing as little as possible and just enjoying the time with my boys or doing some major cooking and prepping for the next few weeks. Like there is so much I want to make and can't any more because of all the time I spend doing homework now.

I allow myself one night a week of no homework and on those nights I just want to veg and enjoy Kendall's company I have no desire to cook. I also don't do homework during the week if M. is awake. When I get home we eat dinner and I spend time with him. But I have an entire week to not worry about assignments and I could do some major cook/baking and prepping and I'm torn.

biscuits
    pies
    english muffins
    breakfast burritos
    soups
    freezer meals
    Hmm; depending on how old your boys are, you may be able to get the to cook/prep with you so that you can hang out with each other while also getting your work done; two birds with one stone; usually helps me when I'm torn on something; try to find a way to do both haha. If they're too young though, I'd probably forego working in favor of spending time with them; unless the work was somehow imperative. If it can wait, no reason not to let it, unless doing otherwise wouldbring you greater happiness.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Sollomyn View Post
    Hmm; depending on how old your boys are, you may be able to get the to cook/prep with you so that you can hang out with each other while also getting your work done; two birds with one stone; usually helps me when I'm torn on something; try to find a way to do both haha. If they're too young though, I'd probably forego working in favor of spending time with them; unless the work was somehow imperative. If it can wait, no reason not to let it, unless doing otherwise wouldbring you greater happiness.
    I should clarify by boys I mean my 2 year old son and husband. I am formally a pastry chef who left the industry because I had a child and I find great joy in cooking/baking. But I also like spending time with them

Having the opportunity to do so and not worry about not getting my assignments done is very appealing because it means I can make things that will freeze well that can just be pulled out of the freezer and heated/backed for a quick meal. It also helps keep us in our budget if I have things ready to go instead of stopping off on my way home because I have so much to do and don't really feel like cooking.
    Last edited by kalynraye; 15 Mar 2019 at 07:51.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

sometimes people indicate that they do not know what words mean when they begin talking...

...this both amuses and infuriates me
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

I got an extension on one of my courses from last semester for health/family reasons, and the deadline is coming up. I've just got the final paper for my German history class left now, but I do need to finish it by the end of the month. I'm trying to decide on a thesis topic but, I've got a few options I'm thinking over: the ethno-linguistic conception of "German" disallowed integration of foreign groups and lead to persecution, or maybe historic european antisemitism and he ethno-linguistic conception of what it means to be German is what allowed Jewish persecution. The latter is simpler with more ability to include "generic wwII" sources, but may also be considered too easy or broad. In either case, I'm interested in using the bit about how German-ness is a factor of ethnicity and language and comparing it with France since this was a major course theme and my prof specializes in France.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

The concierge of this building I'm working in today keeps turning the lights off when he leaves the room. Problem is, I'm still in here. The first couple of times I chalked it up to being force of habit. But it's 5 times now. I think he's doing it on purpose now.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Just got home from a pretty fun date still not sure if I'm really into the guy or don't like him much... that's a weird feeling.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

nj thunder storms and a tornado warning did not touch down though
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was