Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    Anyone else do some Black Friday shopping?
    I did my usual black Friday grocery shopping, because no matter how we plan, I always need SOMETHING on black Friday lol.

Though, I did go Saturday to Michael's and get a bunch of stuff for baby dragons for insanely cheap
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Finals start today, but I feel good about this.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Went out to do some shopping yesterday. I didn't go all-out crazy with buying. There were so many people out on the roads. It was really crazy. I'm going to check out some deals online later today. Black Friday is a crazy day. Anyone else does some Black Friday shopping?
        Black Friday is too chaotic even for me. People are fighting over items for low prices and what boggles my mind that nobody doesn't get arrested for this travesty.
        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 02 Dec 2019, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          Black Friday is too chaotic even for me. People are fighting over items for low prices and what boggles my mind that nobody doesn't get arrested for this travesty.
          Arrests don't fix Black Friday. Black Friday will continue to be an abomination until either

A. It ceases to be profitable. This will require a change in culture that is to be generous very unlikely or for Thanksgiving to stop being a holiday.

B. Stores to be directed by law to shut down on Thanksgiving and stay shut down till the following Monday.

Or

C. Online marketing kills physical stores.

I personally favor B.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Arrests don't fix Black Friday. Black Friday will continue to be an abomination until either

A. It ceases to be profitable. This will require a change in culture that is to be generous very unlikely or for Thanksgiving to stop being a holiday.

B. Stores to be directed by law to shut down on Thanksgiving and stay shut down till the following Monday.

Or

C. Online marketing kills physical stores.

I personally favor B.
            Then they should be. Instead rather than people acted like savages fighting like wild animals Black Friday should be enforced. I remember so many years ago in there was a man who was killed at Wal-Mart in Black Friday because so many people were acting like complete idiots all because of an low-price item. I think arrest and enforcement should do just nicely.

Comment

When I was a kid, (I swore I'd never say that when I grew up, but....) stores were closed on Thanksgiving. Now, Walmart here starts their big extravaganza that evening at 5 or 6. The good part of that (for me) is that my friends who host dinner do it at lunchtime, which I prefer. I don't remember the Black Friday thing being as big as it is today. By the time these people are heading out to shop, I'm home in my jammies.
              Today, I went to Aldi's for a few things, and they weren't crowded, which was great. They have biscotti which are decent. Not Stella D'Oro quality, but pretty good.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                When I was a kid, (I swore I'd never say that when I grew up, but....) stores were closed on Thanksgiving. Now, Walmart here starts their big extravaganza that evening at 5 or 6. The good part of that (for me) is that my friends who host dinner do it at lunchtime, which I prefer. I don't remember the Black Friday thing being as big as it is today. By the time these people are heading out to shop, I'm home in my jammies.
                Today, I went to Aldi's for a few things, and they weren't crowded, which was great. They have biscotti which are decent. Not Stella D'Oro quality, but pretty good.
                Black Friday has steadily gotten much, much worse. Less than 20 years ago, local stores opened around 5 AM on Friday. Now...

6 PM Thabksgiving and stay open straight till closing on Friday.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Black Friday has steadily gotten much, much worse. Less than 20 years ago, local stores opened around 5 AM on Friday. Now...

6 PM Thabksgiving and stay open straight till closing on Friday.
                  Yes! I forgot about that - but now that you reminded me, I do remember telling a co-worker I thought she was nuts for going shopping at 5 a.m. on Friday- that was in the late 90s. At least our Walmart here is closed on Christmas. I drove by once just to see the parking lot all empty - it was weird! This is such a "born again" area, they wouldn't dare open on Christmas. (Yeah, I know, never say never...)
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My first gig in 6 years!!! 😃😃😃

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                      My first gig in 6 years!!! ������
                      Congrats!!!

Comment

I got 417 subscribers on my Youtube channel now. I'm still a Demigod on Youtube.

Comment

Tickets have been bought for Pagan Spirit Gathering. Anyone else on here joining us this year? As always, I'd love to match faces with some of your names!
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                            Tickets have been bought for Pagan Spirit Gathering. Anyone else on here joining us this year? As always, I'd love to match faces with some of your names!
                            Sounds interesting. When/where is it?
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Started a new job as a Wireless Associate through TROC for Walmart. Gosh it's been forever since I have been on my feet for about 8 hours. I used to do it at Sheetz. However, its hard to get back on my feet again. Good thing is I will be walking and that will help me lose weight. Just got to get back to getting used to walking on my feet.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

It's a very negative time for me. However, I am trying to keep myself positive. I just feel like a total loser right now and feel so depressed. However, I am trying to do things like write and paint to keep myself up. It's hard when I am so depressed.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X