Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under your desks.in Hawaii

ok,it might have hit the fan.

Hawaii ‘ballistic missile threat’ alert to phones was false alarm, officials say.

Just running on CNN.

Story here.

It must have freaked some people.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: under your desks.in Hawaii

I just saw that on our news. Apparently they took 13 minutes to call it off. Yikes. That's a looong wait when you think you're about to get hit.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

People were terrified. I can't even imagine. Don't we have stuff in place to intercept anything inbound, if it did happen?
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

reminds me of the 50's and 60's(dive under your desk,bend over and kiss your butt goodby)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yup, we're right back in the feeling of the Cuban missile crisis only there's no JFK at the helm.
          sigpic

Comment

Our news report it was a 13 minutes wait. Don't know where they got that number. Just saw somewhere else that it was actually 40... That's just crazy. That kind of accident shouldn't even be possible...
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              People were terrified. I can't even imagine. Don't we have stuff in place to intercept anything inbound, if it did happen?
              We have a handful of missile defense platforms that might work against a hostile launch. Without actually using them against a hostile ICBM, we can't be absolutely sure. If they work then they are only really gonna be good for a small number of missiles at a time. They can hopefully knock down any attempt by North Korea. An irritated Russia or China will just overwhelm them. Nuclear powers get really nervous if you start talking about building a comprehensive missile defense system that can scale to swat down their entire arsenal because it means that you have less cause to worry about retaliation and might feel safe doing something absurd like glassing decent portions of their countryside. In the interests of not provoking panic attacks in Russia and China we tend to be small scale about missile defense.
              "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
              ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Other states are releasing plans now: http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Arka...470604613.html

Of course, people are saying "Why would anyone hit Arkansas?" - but if you think about it, the middle of the country would be a good target.
                sigpic

Comment

Hawaii's governor couldn't correct the false missile alert sooner because he forgot his Twitter password

Story here.

Last edited by anunitu; 23 Jan 2018, 14:59.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                  X