No announcement yet.

What should I do with these goat horns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should I do with these goat horns?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Yay! They're all over the world!
    It lives in a jar of feathers, alongside the tail feathers of a bird from Nicaragua, a raven feather, snowy owl, ptarmigan, grouse, and a few others.

I collect them as I find them. My snowy owl feathers are my favourite though.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      I like the idea of a mask like Juniper suggested.

You could also make a wicked-looking staff (with some creativity):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5279[/ATTACH]
      Ahem. When are you making me one of these?
      Last edited by Rae'ya; 19 Mar 2018, 03:29.

Comment

If you are willing to part with them, I'd be happy to talk a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
          Ahem. When are you making me one of these?
          Uh oh, I've gone and done it now...

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            In most cases, as long as the animal is not on a protected list, it shouldn't be a problem...

"Most cases" and "Shouldn't" are the operative words here - it depends on the country.

In the US, for example, any part of any animal legally taken can be sent to any state - the exception is with bear parts, where laws vary state by state.

Plant material, if viable (seeds or living plants) are actually more of a problem. Animal parts don't replicate and overrun the environment. Plants may.
            This isn't true as CWD is becoming common in some US states with whitetail deer and to prevent the spread some states require deer hunted in other states to be processed and packaged before being brought in to the state. So far there is no prevention or packaging requirement for their antlers, but things sticking out of a head and the import/export idea got me thinking bout this. I kinda want to ask the many hunters, mushroom hunters, ginseng hunters, ect that either harvest deer antlers from animals they hunt, or the many others that simply find a fallen antler to do something more substantial than just putting them on a wall or using them as rattlers to draw in bucks.

Comment

Working...
            X