Asatru/Heathen/Nordic Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asatru/Heathen/Nordic Music

Someone messaged me about involved in a winter music show with a Nordic theme. They want to include something pagan-related, but the band told the choir director about Neo-Nazis appropriating Nordic symbols, and it made her back out on including any pieces. Are there any wintery songs or pieces, maybe traditional folklore songs, that have pagan themes and can't be twisted as neo-nazi propoganda. She suggested possibly something about Frigga.

Any help is appreciated!
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Asatru/Heathen/Nordic Music

I come to the rescue! (I think)

....that's a few I know of off the top of my head. Not those songs specifically, but check out those bands.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

all very nice,but I like the second one a LOT.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks, V!
        “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

No probs! I know lots of other pagan music, but that's all I could think of that could be stretched as nordic. (I think Faun is German, lol).
          “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't know if this will be of any use at all... But Valravn is a Danish band (well. Was. They broke up a few years ago) that sing danosh/faroese folk music. https://youtu.be/YaByV6JG2b4 this one is an old tale of a man who killed his brother for sleeping with his wife... we have lots of delightfully light hearted tales like that. https://youtu.be/SC5lyN4kAcY this is possibly the oldest written piece of music found in the world, given a modern interpretation. https://youtu.be/WMlUhLRaV5o and this is the story of a young man being seduced by elves, and if memory serves correct, dying from fatigue and longing. That's probably the most common theme in Nordic folklore.
            Last edited by iris; 29 Mar 2018, 01:30.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I'll suggest 'em! Thanks, Iris!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
              X