Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle burning interpretation

Hello, new to the forum!

I have a very unusual question that I know I won't find answers to, so I would appreciate opinions. I'm fairly well experienced in candle burning and like to interpret the signs. Tonight I lit up a new Coventry Creations votive kit and so far the burning is going smoothly, except I saw an unusual tiny detail... I had trimmed the wicks, and early on in the burn they curled and exposed the central wires in a way that resembled flipping the bird. Yes, the wicks resembled tiny hands flipping me off! I've never noticed anything like it. I'm hoping it's only my subconscious trying to make me doubt myself. The brain does recognize symbols in strange places. Either way, I'm feeling positive.

Any thoughts?

Re: Candle burning interpretation

Were you looking for answers to something? Do you do this often? It seems like someone was trying to tell you something. I think the fact that you are feeling positive is a good sign. I'm a firm believer in the Gods showing you things and also directing your feelings to help drive the point home. To me this is humorous. I mean two tiny hands giving you the bird in a small candles flame, what an image.

Comment

I have absolutely no experience with candle burning interpretations so I can't offer much insight into your specific situation (plus I've always felt that symbolism is very individual and contextual), but I'm interested in the technique. What sorts of things are you normally looking for? I'm familiar with scrying in flames and that melting wax can be used for divination, but the burning candle and wick itself is a new concept to me so I'd love to hear more about your process!

Comment

It was a candle set for Luck and included candles for Energy, Prosperity and Happiness. I have gone by Lucky Mojo website guidelines for basic signs and candle behavior. I do some kind of burning maybe every 6 months during pivotal life changes. It is indeed humorous! Like flipping the bird at negativity and limitations. Thanks for your reply ��

- - - Updated - - -

I go by Lucky Mojo / hoodoo tradition guidelines and the basics are flame height, possible crackles, presence of smoke, burn speed, among other things. Wax dripping downward the candle means tears shed (pretty much all of them.) As far as wicks go it says when they form a knot while burning is a "bump in the road" leading to goals. Also the direction the smoke blows in when extinguished; wafting towards you and to your right is a positive sign. What I noticed from the candle burning in question is that they melted into a pool pretty quick and took a little long to fully burn out-- I got about 8.5 hours over the course of two nights. I've burned previous votives of the same brand in 5.5-6 hours. I can only assume it means my results will come fairly quick but last long. Thanks for your input ��

Comment

Working...
        X