Geometric correspondences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geometric correspondences

I don't see any entries for geometric objects in correspondence tables. LaVey mentions geometric correspondence when he discusses trapazoids and briefly talks about Parsons and geometric objects briefly.

Are there any tables that include geometric objects? For example an equilateral triangle pointing upward should correspond to healing because it is the symbol of fire and the fire element contributes to healing.

Agrippa

Re: Geometric correspondences

I have not come across a single, general resource which compiles simple geometric shapes and objects into a single table complete with magickal correspondences. However, I have seen many interpretations of geometric shapes separately and within the context of a generic symbolism guide.

Like all things, personal perception and interpretation of an object's innate meaning and corresponding esoteric values are likely to serve better than a generic reference.

Your example with the equilateral triangle is also valid - there are, of course, basic "meanings" in shapes dependent upon many things such as numeric/mathematical significance and cultural or mythological context. Much of the meaning behind the shapes used to denote the Elements comes from Alchemy.

Here are few interpretations:

Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs & Symbols

Magick Symbols

Alchemy Symbols and Their Meanings – The Extended List of Alchemical Symbols

Comment

Re: Geometric correspondences

Thanks! I have been thinking a bit about this. LaVey's Law of the Trapezoid

All obtuse Angles are magically harmful to those unaware of this property. The same angles are beneficial, stimulating, and energizing to those who are magically sensitive to them.
      seems to focus on exterior angles. It really seems that perceptions of severe acute angles are much more disturbing (thus the reaction to the Witches House in Hollywood). Another example is the unicursal hexagram which seems to arouse unease unlike a regular hexagram with one point facing up (although turn it 60 degrees and put two vertices up and it creates a different impression).

Agrippa
      Last edited by Agrippa; 02 Jun 2018, 11:54.

Comment

Working...
      X