Thread: Saw a pagan goup adv on fave book....it gt ugly...help stop the russians

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan, Greek, Wiccan, Norse, Egyptian

Saw a pagan goup adv on fave book....it gt ugly...help stop the russians

A pagan group showed up in the right tunnel add feed on facebook. I was like cool I'll join, but had to answer if I was over 18 yo. that was yesterday.

A fewhours ago I got admitted. The welcoming message was we accept trolls.. first warning.. I looked at some posts in the club, it's private btw. Ib sharedcsome thoughtsit quickly became dclear that my (manufactured for them) comments on posts while cool at first, quickly became uncool to them when I told them I was gay.

I was on to these haters from the start mind you as they had like 2500 members when I wanted to join,

but when they accepted me Ii saw in more than one post "be prepared to welcome 700 new members" I was in the 700. They were not about acceptence even though I joined in their body shaming, many liked the comments but once they knew I wasw gay a few turned on me, kinda like I was tested. Like is he the asshole pagan we look for, or does he have morals.

I know on here that you from this site and can verify through your posts on this forum you are have a history of actualy being pagan and won'/t bring these idiots here message me. I'm going to wait five days till I give out the facebook link ovfer message. as I think the forums mods should help me with this. But any regular members are free to leave comments.

I really don't know wshat to do, this group has nothing to do with paganism, butI also can't prove they are Russian. Not that the current gov would care. Is this really happening?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: Saw a pagan goup adv on fave book....it gt ugly...help stop the russians

Quote Originally Posted by pillar View Post
    A pagan group showed up in the right tunnel add feed on facebook. I was like cool I'll join, but had to answer if I was over 18 yo. that was yesterday.

A fewhours ago I got admitted. The welcoming message was we accept trolls.. first warning.. I looked at some posts in the club, it's private btw. Ib sharedcsome thoughtsit quickly became dclear that my (manufactured for them) comments on posts while cool at first, quickly became uncool to them when I told them I was gay.

I was on to these haters from the start mind you as they had like 2500 members when I wanted to join,

but when they accepted me Ii saw in more than one post "be prepared to welcome 700 new members" I was in the 700. They were not about acceptence even though I joined in their body shaming, many liked the comments but once they knew I wasw gay a few turned on me, kinda like I was tested. Like is he the asshole pagan we look for, or does he have morals.

I know on here that you from this site and can verify through your posts on this forum you are have a history of actualy being pagan and won'/t bring these idiots here message me. I'm going to wait five days till I give out the facebook link ovfer message. as I think the forums mods should help me with this. But any regular members are free to leave comments.

I really don't know wshat to do, this group has nothing to do with paganism, butI also can't prove they are Russian. Not that the current gov would care. Is this really happening?
    If I were you, I would leave that group permanently.

Aug 2015
    Religion

I did and won't be looking back.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

There you go. Problem solved. You have nothing to worry about.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

There are some fairly terribly Pagan groups out there, from racism to sexism to just plain jerks...so, no surprise there. I mean, you can try reporting them, but that's about it.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

It sounds like this is a moot point by now (sorry I'm late), but PF does not condone trolling and if I find out that anyone here is trolling another community as a representative of PF, they will be permanently banned from here too. That sort of behaviour is abhorrent and I will not stand for it.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Aug 2015
    Religion

I actually posted #muller #russiaprobe and after a while they started posting comments in russian, but yeah, never mentioned pf to them or engaded in trolling. I was just responding to their fairly obscene memes in an obscene way to see how they would respond, it just encouraged they to be worse. Then they were not happy about my wonderful gayness, and other new members became unhappy with them and they started trolling us. Maybe they were just cutting and pasting Russian text to troll me, but either way I don't need that crap. I get enough of it from some people in my friends list on fb and their friends when I point out their misleading statements or outright lies. Some of them troll a lot but there are so few independently minded people in my area that I feel like I have to stand up for alternative points of view just so people that aren't following the herd don't feel alone. I remember growing up gay here in the 90's and having next to no one think it was okay to be gay. The few that did really kept me going.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by pillar View Post
    I actually posted #muller #russiaprobe and after a while they started posting comments in russian, but yeah, never mentioned pf to them or engaded in trolling. I was just responding to their fairly obscene memes in an obscene way to see how they would respond, it just encouraged they to be worse. Then they were not happy about my wonderful gayness, and other new members became unhappy with them and they started trolling us. Maybe they were just cutting and pasting Russian text to troll me, but either way I don't need that crap. I get enough of it from some people in my friends list on fb and their friends when I point out their misleading statements or outright lies. Some of them troll a lot but there are so few independently minded people in my area that I feel like I have to stand up for alternative points of view just so people that aren't following the herd don't feel alone. I remember growing up gay here in the 90's and having next to no one think it was okay to be gay. The few that did really kept me going.
    Pillar. The best way to deal with them is to stay away from the group and report them to Facebook and let them handle that group.