Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone translate this Ancient Royal Egyptian for me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone translate this Ancient Royal Egyptian for me?

link removed by admin

The img tag is giving me an error saying I'm not allowed to post links oof,

Thanks~
    Last edited by Juniper; 17 Aug 2018, 15:12. Reason: Removed text-link that circumvented forum rules

Re: Can someone translate this Ancient Royal Egyptian for me?

not sure where the rules on links is,but you must post a minimum number of non intro posts until you make that amount you cannot post links,it is a spam thing.

- - - Updated - - -

this may help:

FAQ's Part 1

1) I just registered but I haven't gotten an activation email, whats up with that?

Yeah, sorry about that. As of now, there's something up with the automatically sent registration email and they aren't being sent. Don't worry about it, just get started posting, and welcome to PF!

2) Why can't I post a link/picture/etc?

You probably don't have enough posts. Keep posting, and after 15 posts that are non-intro, non-game posts, you will be able to add links and things. Its part of our anti-spam tactics.

2b) But I really want to post a link/picture/etc and I'm not a spammer!!!!

If this is the case, PM a mod with the link and we will edit it in for you. Or tell people where they can find the info (site name, etc) and they can look it up themselves.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      not sure where the rules on links is,but you must post a minimum number of non intro posts until you make that amount you cannot post links,it is a spam thing.

- - - Updated - - -

this may help:

FAQ's Part 1

1) I just registered but I haven't gotten an activation email, whats up with that?

Yeah, sorry about that. As of now, there's something up with the automatically sent registration email and they aren't being sent. Don't worry about it, just get started posting, and welcome to PF!

2) Why can't I post a link/picture/etc?

You probably don't have enough posts. Keep posting, and after 15 posts that are non-intro, non-game posts, you will be able to add links and things. Its part of our anti-spam tactics.

2b) But I really want to post a link/picture/etc and I'm not a spammer!!!!

If this is the case, PM a mod with the link and we will edit it in for you. Or tell people where they can find the info (site name, etc) and they can look it up themselves.
      But my post kind of needs an image though so lol ;3

Thanks anyways~

How do I get my pfp to appear?

Technically it's not a full link so I'm going to assume it fits FAQ 2b's answer lmao ;3
      Last edited by Celtic_; 24 Jun 2018, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic_ View Post
        But my post kind of needs an image though so lol ;3

Thanks anyways~

How do I get my pfp to appear?

Technically it's not a full link so I'm going to assume it fits FAQ 2b's answer lmao ;3
        You will need to PM a global moderator or admin to make your case as to why you think you shoukd be allowed to post an image in your first post here at PF.

Alternatively, you could have a look around the boards and post in some discussions. Then when you have 15 non-intro/game posts you can try again. We have a board here dedicated to Egyption and Kemetic paths, if that's where your interest lies.

Comment

No thanks I saw it before I made it the last post was 2015 x.x and this is the post I want to make how am I supposed to do 15? Can someone link an admin lol.Nonetheless I think it's clear that I had to post an image for this lmao~

Comment

Just keep posting, you have three posts already, only 12 to go.

Comment

Okay I will keep posting but in the mean-time can someone please answer my question (here or DM) or Discord me and answer it there hehe ;3?

It is quite urgent which is why I am pushing the image link requirements rule, if it wasn't urgent I would gladly wait but sadly I do not have that time

Comment

If it is truly that urgent,then might I suggest contacting a professional in Egyptology,and yes it might cost something,but if it is urgent,then there you go.

- - - Updated - - -

one thing is plain, trying to argue policy with the moderators is self defeating.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I can't translate it because it's not Egyptian! Nor is it North Semitic, Cretan, Brahmi, Siberian, or any other script known to me. I think that it's a safe bet that these are characters that someone has made up.

Comment

It is indeed Egyptian, a print form of it. You can easily find these glyphs online,

it's a print form of Hieratic Egyptian, aka Ancient Royal Egyptian.

I can give more texts written in it, I only have the meaning of 2 so far, however not a direct translation of those 2

- - - Updated - - -

link removed by admin

The first text is worshiping Ra, the second I'm pretty certain is worshiping Bast

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone to DM me with the direct translation to any of those (or the meaning of the first image), I will DM the other texts

Or if you post it here obviously, xD

- - - Updated - - -

- anunitu -

one thing is plain, trying to argue policy with the moderators is self defeating.
                    My life depends on this,

and I never argued with the mods, I did what I did and explained why justifying it xD
                    Last edited by Juniper; 17 Aug 2018, 15:09. Reason: Not following forum rules, link removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic_ View Post
                      My life depends on this,

and I never argued with the mods, I did what I did and explained why justifying it xD
                      If anything remotely as valuable as a human life, let alone your life in specific relied on a translation then
                      A. You should be seeking answers in an academic context where the odds of accuracy increase but failing that and presuming for some reason that the translation needed to come from PF
                      B. You would have spent the 10 minutes to either locate an admin or gm and send us a PM or spent 20 minutes coming up with 15 posts that aren't in Intros or Games and you would have done either of these in June when Rae'ya layed out the options for you.

Instead of spending a bare minimum time seeking out assistance from higher staff or raising your post count high enough to bypass site restrictions back in June, you disappear for nearly a month, reappear to bump a thread and then disappear for a couple weeks before showing up to bump the thread again. So now that you've committed yourself to convincing me a that you're a liar, I'm going to narrow your options further. Historically, I'm the only staff member who has ever made exceptions on the image policy.

I will not make one for you. I will shut this thread and any future threads like it down if you keep trying to bypass policy. As I'm also one of the three admins, your odds of getting a GM to help you are rather slim. If you want to post an image then either

You, personally (don't ask other people to make appeals for you, it's unlikely to work) must send a Private Message to Thalassa or Juniper and pray that you're more convincing than most or
                      make 10 more posts

To save you time, this is

the staff list

Juni and Thal are in red.
                      "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                      ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's a step in the direction, I never stated these translations were all I needed xD.

My life does depend on it, don't call me a lier. I never said my life depended on it and I was going to lose my life if I didn't solve everything within a week lmao

How sad of you to remove the images, hm,

and I was replying to people who replied to the thread, it did bump it as-well however my intention was to reply, and also to bump so people would see my reply. (other people take months to respond as-well buddy)

20 minutes to make up 15 posts. What a fascinating idea. Want me to restate my OP in 15 different ways then? Have you not come up with the conclusion that this is what I wanted to talk about yet?

How can I come up with 15 posts. What is there to talk about other than what I want to talk about?

My favourite colour is bright blonde, what is yours?

Notice how I didn't post an image in this. Hurray!~

- - - Updated - - -

If you couldn't tell these forums aren't too active, you using me only coming back after a month then a few weeks later (I checked regularly and have email notifications turned on) is a poor reason to call me a lier and extremely offensive.

I was replying to people who replied to me, not bumping

- - - Updated - - -

I'm clearly not spamming random memes. Both 2 images were Ancient Royal Egyptian texts.

I intended to be more active after my problem was solved, but since you insist I come up with 10 posts outside of Intros and Games then so be it I shall do that.

"presuming for some reason that the translation needed to come from PF"

Geez, I don't know, maybe because this is a pagan forum I thought I could post pagan stuff here, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Comment

I got my 15 posts by making genuine posts, so I will be making a new thread since you ruined this one, however I'd like you to keep this one active though you could make people not be able to reply to it if you so wish

Also "20 minutes", no, it took 2+ hours to create 9 more posts, the first one being my response to you smh >.>
                          Last edited by Celtic_; 18 Aug 2018, 15:01.

Comment

That is definitely no way to talk to Masked One. Expect consequences.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                              That is definitely no way to talk to Masked One. Expect consequences.
                              How so? I simply responded to him wrongly accusing me of lying and "presuming for some reason that the translation needed to come from PF", among other things, all of my replies being common sense,

I'm not a liar, my life does depend on this, I never said this was the only thing I needed, it's just a step in that direction, and these forums are hardly active and I wasn't bumping this thread, I was responding to people who responded to my thread and me,

Pagan forums are meant for pagan stuff, you can find many many many pagan topics, Shinto, Werewolves, Alters, etc here, so obviously I could post this here, it didn't "need to be from PF", I could just post pagan stuff here and PF was a preference, was the top result for "Pagan Forums", so I did.

Also justified my original posts containing bypassed links to images saying it was the only thing I wanted to talk about and I was going to be more active here after my issue has been resolved

You didn't read anything I said, did you Sean?

- - - Updated - - -

New thread : http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...ian-for-me-NEW
                              Last edited by Celtic_; 18 Aug 2018, 15:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X