Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explosive House Hearing today 7/12/18...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explosive House Hearing today 7/12/18...

Mr. Marino it's 3:42pm now, just asked a big question, you could tell he was, um, maybe holding it together, just to get it out. When he finished he held his hands palms together, like a prayer, with fingertips by his lips.

His hands were shaking, like, very noticably, he then while the fbi agent began his answer, took a hand and pushed down his microphone, basicaly showing he was not going to interupt, or ask anything else. He just wanted an answer. It was so powerfull as every other member on the majority side were just interupting the agent and badgering him since this morning.

It seems that maybe there still those willing to buck their party. I'm sure that many more things from this hearing will make the national evening news, but they won't have time to get to this.
    Last edited by pillar; 12 Jul 2018, 11:52.

Re: Explosive House Hearing today 7/12/18...

It would be nice to know that not all Republicans have gone over to the dark side, but I don't have the time or energy to sort out who did and who didn't so I'm straight Democrat in all elections until the world regains sanity. Let gob sort 'em out.

Great TV drama, though.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 12 Jul 2018, 12:10.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

so we have the curse of living in interesting times it seems. I had kind of hoped that by this time,things would have settled down to something more humane and positive.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        so we have the curse of living in interesting times it seems. I had kind of hoped that by this time,things would have settled down to something more humane and positive.
        Yeah. Tell that to Hitler.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          It would be nice to know that not all Republicans have gone over to the dark side, but I don't have the time or energy to sort out who did and who didn't so I'm straight Democrat in all elections until the world regains sanity. Let gob sort 'em out.

Great TV drama, though.
          There are basically two easy tells that a Republican may not be corrupt.

A. They are currently working in the DOJ
          B. They abandoned their party recently and should be known as former Republicans

Meh, I'll add

C. Some Republican judges

There are two key points to note here
          1) None of these are certainties. They just raise the odds of integrity from almost nil to roughly on par with the rest of the world
          2) None of these involve elections

Even the more ethical GOP senators are mostly just talking instead of acting. At any point, three of Trump's critics in the Senate could have massively increased the pressure by walking over to Chuck Schumer and asking, "How much do you want to be the Senate Majority leader by close of business tomorrow?" They don't even have to help him pass legislation. Simply defecting to the DNC switches all the Committee Chairs and means that Senate Committees will start compelling testimony. Now to be fair, Burr hasn't done nearly as poorly as he could while chairing Senate Intel. His Committee hasn't fallen apart and has produced what is credited as a relatively bipartisan report on at least part of what occurred in 2016. Given the failures and cluster****s that have come from the other three Congressional committees involved in this, I'm willing to credit him for actually doing his ****ing job. However, meeting the minimum required performance of his position is not enough to make up for the collossal failures of the rest of the GOP members of Congress. The fact that Burr's conduct to date actually merits praise by comparison to the rest of the GOP congresscritters means that bar is unnacceptably low.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
          X