Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Depression

hello and welcome back! I'm glad you are getting help and have a good support system!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Best thing that helped me when I had the major depression,was helping others,in the system to cope,it took my mind off me,and out of the never ending loop of pity me thinking.Positive helped me a LOT. Worked for me,and I was at one time sitting with a gun in my mouth thinking,"why not",so you know I was very down. what stopped that was imagining my son finding me after, could not do that to him.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Brain issues are a thing I understand. Everybody here understands. Welcome back!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I do hobbies such as playing card games and doing tarot reading which helps my depression.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I know that. I mean I give her insulin everyday but it wasn't enough. I mean if the doctors would find a cure for type 2 diabetes years ago she would've been alive today and I would be very happy to see her.
            Thing is each of us is born with a terminal illness,I am type 2 diabetic,but not even myself could save" me,if my time is come to be here. I keep to my diet and try to do all the things they tell me "may" protect me from complications,but life is a fickle thing,there were several times I came as close to checking out as one can,and came to in a hospital,with the docs saying,you should be dead,but by a fluke of life,here you are still with us. I have always known I am mortal,and in time the reaper will,come to collect on all my 9 lives. Live long,and prosper as Spock used to say. major thing is enjoy life to the limit,because mortal is all of us. never waste time,it is not endless,the sands will run out.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by anunitu; 03 Aug 2018, 00:05.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Thing is each of us is born with a terminal illness,I am type 2 diabetic,but not even myself could save" me,if my time is come to be here. I keep to my diet and try to do all the things they tell me "may" protect me from complications,but life is a fickle thing,there were several times I came as close to checking out as one can,and came to in a hospital,with the docs saying,you should be dead,but by a fluke of life,here you are still with us. I have always known I am mortal,and in time the reaper will,come to collect on all my 9 lives. Live long,and prosper as Spock used to say. major thing is enjoy life to the limit,because mortal is all of us. never waste time,it is not endless,the sands will run out.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least you know how to take care of yourself. My mother didn't. I always take care of her.

Comment

i know logically that depression is a sort of chemical imbalance of some kind. ive tried treating my own depression with pharma drugs, and eventually smoked herbal substances which seems to help but yeah. That darkness has a horrible kinda draw and yeah i've dealt with depression my whole life but I can't help but admit that i do learn things from my bouts of depression. And then i get bouts of insomnia sometimes when im depressed. art is great therapy too btw. found it helps to have some kinda channel for that bile..bleed it out and ride it though

Comment

If I may suggest something for you to do: Please keep this in consideration. This is strictly my opinion so you don't have to go with this, if you don't feel its right. It's simply a suggestion. You mentioned you go to AA and your an atheist. I believe this is a bad fit. Why? Because its a system that teaches they hold no religious views, yet they pray the lords prayer which Jesus Christ taught in the bible. This totally contradicts the belief system and makes AA in my opinion, a total joke and a place of mind control/brainwash. Have you ever tried Smart Recovery? They accept everyone regardless of their beliefs. They do not believe in going to god to help fix your problems. Addiction does not exist. You can overcome anything you put your mind 2. Don't let AA tell you that you have a disease. This is totally wrong in my opinion and will only increase your guilt which leads many in AA to relapse. Of course, AA isn't for everybody and some people may find it works great for them.

However, when AA becomes dogmatic and most people in it believe that you have to go through AA in order to be cured, that is when I believe it is a pure cult. Sorry... It's what I believe. Try Smart recovery out. With your atheistic views, I believe you'll find smart recovery a better fit.

Comment

Originally posted by pragon View Post
                    If I may suggest something for you to do: Please keep this in consideration. This is strictly my opinion so you don't have to go with this, if you don't feel its right. It's simply a suggestion. You mentioned you go to AA and your an atheist. I believe this is a bad fit. Why? Because its a system that teaches they hold no religious views, yet they pray the lords prayer which Jesus Christ taught in the bible. This totally contradicts the belief system and makes AA in my opinion, a total joke and a place of mind control/brainwash. Have you ever tried Smart Recovery? They accept everyone regardless of their beliefs. They do not believe in going to god to help fix your problems. Addiction does not exist. You can overcome anything you put your mind 2. Don't let AA tell you that you have a disease. This is totally wrong in my opinion and will only increase your guilt which leads many in AA to relapse. Of course, AA isn't for everybody and some people may find it works great for them.

However, when AA becomes dogmatic and most people in it believe that you have to go through AA in order to be cured, that is when I believe it is a pure cult. Sorry... It's what I believe. Try Smart recovery out. With your atheistic views, I believe you'll find smart recovery a better fit.
                    I am aware of Smart Recovery, but there are no groups in my area... so I used AA as long as I found it useful. I no longer attend AA... but I still have strong support from people I met there, who understand my (lack of) faith and my struggle.

Thank you for your input, and I 100% agree with you about AA as a organization... but the group I found, thankfully was helpful and supportive when I was in need.

------------------

on a completely other note: it is amazing what your new-born son's dark blue eyes looking at you with complete trust can/will do for your self-esteem and motivation.
                    Last edited by ThorsSon; 16 Mar 2019, 14:00.
                    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                      I am aware of Smart Recovery, but there are no groups in my area... so I used AA as long as I found it useful. I no longer attend AA... but I still have strong support from people I met there, who understand my (lack of) faith and my struggle.

Thank you for your input, and I 100% agree with you about AA as a organization... but the group I found, thankfully was helpful and supportive when I was in need.

------------------

on a completely other note: it is amazing what your new-born son's dark blue eyes looking at you with complete trust can/will do for your self-esteem and motivation.

Yes, it is absolutely amazing!
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I feel you, brother. I've struggled with depression ever since I was a little kid. I've found that weed has helped, but now I'm a bit of a pot-head, and feel a need to cut back; the problem is the depression which follows after quitting the pot. Quitting it is actually pretty easy; way easier than quitting cigarettes because there's no physical addiction....but the emotional addiction is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Plus it blocks out all my nightmares and keeps me from dreaming (seemingly, anyway); I have some PTSD issues as well. I know therapy helps a lot of people, but I don't trust therapists ever since I was abused by about seven of the fourteen therapists I've had; that, and I just got sick and tired of people trying to tell me there's something wrong with me, so I decided for myself that I wasn't going to let people put me in boxes anymore; that there isn't actually anything wrong with me at all; I'M PERFECTLY FINE! :creepy: :sarcasm:
                        Last edited by Sollomyn; 16 Mar 2019, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
                          I feel you, brother. I've struggled with depression ever since I was a little kid. I've found that weed has helped, but now I'm a bit of a pot-head, and feel a need to cut back; the problem is the depression which follows after quitting the pot. Quitting it is actually pretty easy; way easier than quitting cigarettes because there's no physical addiction....but the emotional addiction is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Plus it blocks out all my nightmares and keeps me from dreaming (seemingly, anyway); I have some PTSD issues as well. I know therapy helps a lot of people, but I don't trust therapists ever since I was abused by about seven of the fourteen therapists I've had; that, and I just got sick and tired of people trying to tell me there's something wrong with me, so I decided for myself that I wasn't going to let people put me in boxes anymore; that there isn't actually anything wrong with me at all; I'M PERFECTLY FINE! :creepy: :sarcasm:
                          unfortunately, I'm allergic to THC, so I can't use it.
                          I don't know about CBT... never tried it.

I'm sorry about your experience with "therapists."
                          I do wonder about the percentage of abusive therapists that you've been exposed to... I feel like you should certainly say something (if you haven't), because it would seem that you seem to live in an area where abusive therapists feel that they can come operate.

Beyond that, a good therapist won't try to "put you in a box," but will help you to try to feel comfortable in your own skin.
                          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

unfortunately, I'm allergic to THC, so I can't use it.
                            I don't know about CBT... never tried it.
                            CBD (I think CBT is different; I've only heard that as an acronym for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; I prefer DBT myself hahaha.) But CBD, one of the active ingredients in marijuana, could indeed be a possibility, but DEFINITELY talk to your doctor about it beforehand, expecially considering you have anallergy to theother active ingredient. It could be though the CBD oil will work just fine.

I'm sorry about your experience with "therapists."
                            I do wonder about the percentage of abusive therapists that you've been exposed to... I feel like you should certainly say something (if you haven't), because it would seem that you seem to live in an area where abusive therapists feel that they can come operate.

Beyond that, a good therapist won't try to "put you in a box," but will help you to try to feel comfortable in your own skin.
                            Indeed; I've seen a few good therapists; all the bad ones were while I was locked up in an abusive residential treatment center for little kids; institutions like that are now infamous for being abusive and corrupt; not sure how much so though when I was a little kid; my parents obviously didn't know upfront. They flew over two thousand miles to rescue me when they started suspecting foul play. Unfortunately legal actions had no effect; they're a multibillion dollar company with armies of lawyers at their disposal; my body's covered with scars from head to to toe; for years I plotted to go back there and make them all suffer for what they did to me, but I decided to get spirituality instead, and prepare myself for a journey into the wilderness far removed from civilized society and all of their wicked ways.

But yeah...anyhoo, haha...Most people seem to think that therapists are hired to give you advice or make you feel better, but it's been my experience that the best therapists did virtually nothing at all haha; nothing other than force me to talk about anything and everything that came to my mind. Sometimes there were a lot of awkward silences, but ultimately I think that was the best way to be a therapist; let the client do all the talking, and just keep asking them questions until the time is up.

Chances are the client will have actually solved their own problem all by themselves; they'd just never had the time or opportunity to actually talk about it with an unbiased outside party haha. Once they were able to say everything out loud they were able to start seeing things more clearly. I've used that trick a lot ever since my last therapist haha; it's almost like magick.
                            Last edited by Sollomyn; 18 Mar 2019, 21:23.

Comment

Working...
                            X