X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genetics and extinct animals

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
    Umm, excuse me?
    Well I suppose we have one exception. LOL. Me, I don't want to get struck by lightning by my deities.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I just sent some DNA samples to 23 and me. They are going to do some genetic tests to find out ancestry, health and much more. I'm pretty exited to find out my results. Right now they are isolating and purifying my DNA, from my saliva.

Comment

For anyone who didn't read Jurassic Park, heres some points. Extinct animals will not be well adjusted to the current environment. For example, bacteria in digetive tracks of the extinct animal, would likely not be around anymore. Therefore there could be big piles of poo laying around and the animals would not be very healthy. The animals could become a vector for some strange virus that has long since out-evolved the extinct animal. also things like oxygen levels in the air could be a problem. So as much as I would like to see a woolly mammoth I think there would be a lot of suffering on the part of the new animals before a population could adjust to our world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          I always want to see a dodo in person myself. I always want to see a dinosaur and dinosaur are considered extinct animals as well. As a matter of fact I always wanted to have a pet dinosaur to take care of such a a raptor and T-Rex. I believe Corbin is an expert when it comes to science and extinct animals. He might know somebody about it. I'm calling you out Corbin.
          Might I suggest a game called Ark, then? You can tame both Raptors and T-Rexes, and MANY more. Plus, it's a survival game.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
          X