Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure of what I am

Re: Unsure of what I am

Looks like you have an exciting journey ahead of you! There's lots to learn and it can be overwhelming. Just take it one step at the time

It's hard to define oneself with a single term. I've been pagan for about 15 years now and I have explored different aspects of paganism. In the beginning I identified myself as a Wiccan. Later on as an eclectic witch. Now I usually just call myself a pagan, sometimes a witch.

Just go with a term that you think best describes your current path and practices at this moment. It's alright to change it over time, because you change. Good luck!

Comment

Being a pagan AND an atheist is no problem. It just means that you are doing consciously what (in my opinion) others do unconsciously - organizing thoughts and feelings that are too vast to consciously grasp into a graspable schema, using personification.

Believe it or not, this is actually common amongst pagans, and has historical roots running back into antiquity.

As to what to call yourself, I suggest you call yourself what you are: An Explorer.

- - - Updated - - -

Being a pagan AND an atheist is no problem. It just means that you are doing consciously what (in my opinion) others do unconsciously - organizing thoughts and feelings that are too vast to consciously grasp into a graspable schema, using personification.

Believe it or not, this is actually common amongst pagans, and has historical roots running back into antiquity.

As to what to call yourself, I suggest you call yourself what you are: An Explorer.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I totally thought I had responded to this...

It is absolutely possible to be both pagan and atheist--you might want to start reading here, and see if anything resounds with you: https://humanisticpaganism.com/
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X