Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here to learn

Greetings.

I am here to learn about several Pantheons which have piqued my interest: Norse, Germanic and Celtic. I already have an interest in Greek mythology, but for spiritual content i've found that the Eastern traditions (particularly Buddhism and Taoism) are more accessible - certainly more so than Christianity. But now it has come to my attention that Europe may have just as rich a spiritual culture in the form of Paganism, hence my interest. I'm particularly interested in Shamanism.

I'm also training to be a scientist so i can offer some insights there in exchange for your knowledge. I hope this is a good place to ask questions about all the above.

Re: Here to learn

welcome to pf, i think you will find us friendly,and helpful
    Last edited by anunitu; 10 Aug 2018, 01:01.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hello. Welcome to Pagan Forum.

Comment

Howdy and heyya!

I look forward to conversing.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hello and welcome!
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

May as well ask here:

What is the 'Promote to Article' feature and can/how do i post links?

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus View Post
              May as well ask here:

What is the 'Promote to Article' feature and can/how do i post links?
              We don't use the article feature of the software for the forum, but there are some residual links left over that are difficult to remove entirely.

You can post links once you've reached 15 posts that aren't in the intro/ lols and games sections. As it is currently, you're in the newbie usergroup, which doesn't permit posting links and pictures. Once you reach 15, you will be bumped into the next usergroup automatically and can then post links, pictures, videos, etc. These are unfortunate but necessary countermeasures we have to take to combat the many spammers and bots that we get.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Regarding the post limit, reply to my post in the D&D thread and you're at 15. Your usergroup should change pretty much instantly after that. The change will be reflected in your title.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome! There are so many amazing spiritual influences in the world, you never know where your studies lead you. =)
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Welcome! I am a Northern Tradition Shamanist, so I would love for you to pop into the Heathen Traditions and Shamanism boards for some discussion!

Comment

I'm open to any and all questions, I'm an Irish pagan and a cottage witch, my magic relies heavily on Irish and Appalachia folklore and culture. I'm also a Taoist! I love talking about this stuff so if you're interested PM me or something.

Comment

Thanks. I generally prefer to post on the forums rather than PM, hopefully i'll see you around.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

welcome home

Comment

Working...
                            X