Assisted suicide (making it legal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Assisted suicide (making it legal)

If I am going to do the final deed to myself,I would want it to be on a DAYBED! they are real comfy. so still kind of on the main subject,and if I needed to,I would drink the cool aid as an exit strategy.

I personally believe in assisted suicide. I may need it in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

The rule is generally,you MUST be terminal 6 months left to live to be covered by it. and for many they have the coolaid with them for over 6 months,it helps them cope knowing it is always an option. read that in a story by someone who used the coolaid when the pain got way to bad.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If you are in a lot of pain and can't stand it anymore, then I think you should have the right to ask for help from a friend or family member. It's your life! I wouldn't want to live a life in pain. People don't know what it is like when you are in extreme pain and it isn't curable, whether mental or physical. It's a hard decision, but it is that person's decision.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        I don't want to be rude or anything but we're getting way too off-topic about beds and couches.
        Except, if you read the original post, its less about suicide and assisted suicide, and more a rant on the state of the world and one's position in it.
        “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
        ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
        ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Except, if you read the original post, its less about suicide and assisted suicide, and more a rant on the state of the world and one's position in it.
          Oh ok. Sorry if I was rude earlier.

Comment

We've also had plenty of these conversations over the years. That's not to say it can't come up again, but it's always a good idea to look and see if your questions have already been covered. If anyone cares to review the opinions of those of us that have commented on similar threads too many times previously here's a list.

In less than 24 hours, Australias oldest scientist will be injected with a lethal mix of drugs, closing the chapter on his 104-year life Wondering about opinions on this,story here. (https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/people/2018/05/09/david-goodall-assisted-dying/)

I know this is a controversial subject,and I post because I am older(66) and am considering moving to Oregon because they have a right to die law. It only applies if you have a terminal illness. I want to make this a debate subject,but am not sure how you flag a subject as a debate. Feel free to set this as a debate if you can

This is about suicide. So I'm going to assume right now people will be very passionate about this topic. And people will throw in their emotional experience when talking about this topic. And people will lose their shiznat when talking about this topic. Let's not do that, ok? So with that. This isn't about suicide right

I did not include those threads about suicide as a spiritual experience, how it affects the afterlife, etc.
            Last edited by MaskedOne; 14 Aug 2018, 14:13. Reason: removed innaccessible link
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

im all for assisted suicide. Not exactly sure what western cultures hang ups are as far as death and keeping alive people who are obviously are suffering horribly. though i myself am not afraid of death so theres that...

Comment

Originally posted by heylel shalem View Post
                Not exactly sure what western cultures hang ups are as far as death...
                The subject just seems to be swept under the rug, with people only contemplating it when it is thrust upon them: usually too late. But if you try to bring up the subject another time it is quickly hushed; there is never a right time to think or talk about it.

Comment

I agree,at my age,I tend to hope for at lest a soft exit in my much later years(I am 70)
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                  X