X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pagan Way To Money

The Pagan Way To Money

Pagans may define money as:

"A type of magic that turns even the most recalcitrant humans into willing slaves."

Now, who said that magic is absent from the modern world? Rather, using the above definition, we could say:

"Nay, magic is the very central nexus of the modern world!"

We have many traditions in our Pagan religions concerning good-luck-magic pertaining to seeking provision. I will share one of these - that there is an oral tradition from the merchant sailors of the Mediterranean that a Sailor's Anchor can serve as a good luck amulet for seeking provision/money. You can obtain/make a pendant and attach it to your necklace or bracelet to get "good luck" money-magic.

So, let us hear all your old wives/witches tales about fighting financial difficulty with magical objects or techniques, or conversely chime in on how we are such superstitious fools to keep our colored rabbits' feet charms - and our paradigm through which we view money has been replaced now with the fear of bosses and bankers.

Re: The Pagan Way To Money

Pagan forum helped me back in the day, does that count? Man it was 4 years ago, haha!

I've worked with demons in times of financial need. Raum mostly, who helped me a lot a couple of years ago as well.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Minimalism showed me the way to money. Buying less and getting rid of what I don't need in my life saves a lot. Nothing magical about that.

Paganism however did help me become stronger and work on my self confidence. I used to believe I wasn't good at anything. That I had no talents at all. After I overcame that insecurity I started learning to code and discovered my talents, which got me a better paying job. So indirectly, magic got me more money. Does that count? XD

Comment

The sailors anchor may bring you money, and many may consider that good luck, but it's basicaly a leash. It will weigh you down and eventualy drown you. You want money don't want it. It's the best way.

Sometimes you need to seek out the true value of life. Hint: it's not money. It's honesty, understanding knowledge, and the friendships and love that come from seeking them.

I was given a great book when I graduated HS. I was titled "do what you love, the money will follow." The few main points of it was that, anyone can work hard, and while the world rewards good work if your work isn't good you are self destructing, ie honesty, doing unto others ect.

2nd if anyone can work hard, anyone will. The point being that if you find something in your life that you love then figure out how to get a job doing it. Not everything is suited for a job but everyone has something they love that can be a wildly successful way of making a money, you just have to find it.

3rd If you are having trouble with 1 and 2 go an be more honest, educate yourself more.. get it. if all else fails embrace the idea of "going on walkabout."

Comment

there is a christian belief that richs show that god loves you it was even postulated that because Hitler had power,it reflected that god backed him,the idea he could not gain that much power without god being behind him.

See here.

Named:

Prosperity theology

- - - Updated - - -

see here.- - - Updated - - -

Some groups tend toward the "By any means school" like the below link

see here.

from site.:

Militant Coalition of Christian Fundamentalist and Jewish Orthodox Cults Plots Destruction of Al Aqsa Mosque

Just FYI about some religious groups.

- - - Updated - - -

some of these groups scare me,like what came about in the 80's "Satanic cult panic in the 80's"

Humans can get scary at times.
          Last edited by anunitu; 20 Aug 2018, 17:05.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This isn't strictly money-related, but...

I keep a small shrine in my bedroom to Ganesh, the lord of obstacles. He sits in a dish filled with sand from my travels in India, and he has a single rupee to keep him company. The sand is more intense ash than it is sand these days.

I have suffered much hardship in my life. The manifestation of Ganesh is my inspiration for trudging through the shit when it seems unlikely that I'll ever make it. For a long time, during the bankruptcy years, that meant just looking for the next meal, or the next tank of fuel to keep me heading to work. And every time I got a little ahead, I was grateful to Ganesh.

Not exactly magic. But it helped.

I also periodically will burn a little green candle when I think I need a little extra in my life...but the honest truth is that magic has little place in my life anymore. Like pillar, I've moved towards minimalism. It's amazing what doing without will teach you. I don't need even half of what I thought I needed when I was younger. I make the least amount of money out of all my friends, and yet, I save a little every month.

And like Sean, PF has helped me out in the past, too. The power of kindness. You guys paid a month's rent for me once. I can't even remember how long ago that was.

Mostly art.

Comment

I tend to view wealth as only useful if I can help when I can, after I quit smoking,I ended up having a lot of extra cash,and that made me realize the idea of minimal living was good.

I tend to very simple tastes.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

A few years ago, our daughter was very ill. There was a significant chance of death. Our best chance was a fairly long hospitalization, and, as we live in the US, it seemed likely that we would lose everything material, our home, our savings, it looked very grim. It was a horrible fear at a horrible time. But it was also a gift, because we realized with utter clarity what we really valued-our family, our child's life. We proceeded without any doubt. We also realized that we had each other to rely upon, as well as an amazing group of family and friends to help us recover. We also realized that we are very lucky to have those things, not everyone does. It worked out much better than we feared; we still have our house and some savings, although another set of unrelated health problems have made finances extra tight lately. It is stressful for sure, but I think we gained a kind of freedom from that first incident-we know what we really need, and it isn't much in the way of material things. It isn't nothing, but it really isn't much.

Comment

The more I turned to paganism, the more I learned to trust my instincts and find the connections around me, which lead me to more opportunities to continue to improve my financial situation. I don't do anything specifically (I did one "catch more flies with honey" type spell) on a regular basis, it's just about having the open attitude and confidence to go further.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                  X