The Battle For The Word Pagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Battle For The Word Pagan

I dislike "Dogma",it keeps crapping on my lawn,now get off my lawn you "Dogma" totting kinder.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I think he might have meant a sphincter JUNI

Where many stupid ideas are from.
      Ah. I missed the sarcasm bus. Cheers
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

i call myself a pagan because it pisses some people off,and you know who you are. do not tread on my karma,it bites!!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by anunitu; 26 Aug 2018, 19:45.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Anunitu, some pagans worship Satan... and some Satanists identify as pagan. Are you suggesting that they shouldn't be using that term?

Comment

not at all

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I have been at times been accused when wearing my pent of being,"An evil devil worshiper",by some very paranoid types,see the satanic panic in the 80's

wear to much black or burn incense or,play that devil music..
              Last edited by anunitu; 27 Aug 2018, 05:45.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I have been at times been accused when wearing my pent of being,"An evil devil worshiper",by some very paranoid types,see the satanic panic in the 80's

wear to much black or burn incense or,play that devil music..
                I want to point out that Satanic Ritual Abuse hoaxes and false accusations are still active today, and there are a number of Satanists devoted to truth that are still battling for their freedom.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

my point sean.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Westboro Baptists are Christians, whether other Christians want to claim them or not (and they don't). So are Catholics, the UCC, the LDS, JWs, Southern Baptists, COGIC, and some 38000+ denominations worldwide, some of which don't consider one another Christian.

There isn't room in a polythetic classification system for disavowing something that can be classified under it simply because one doesn't like it or agree with it.

Within Paganism, there is no "our" religion, there are many religions. Many of which I think are often foolish or shortsighted, occasionally I've come across some that I find quite stupid, even those that I think are harmful--stupidity, lack of foresight, foolishness, and harm though, are not elements by which paganism is defined (or in this case, not defined).

Also, I don't have a 5-element view of the world.
                    I hate to burst your bubble but Westboro Baptist Church are false Christians.

Comment

But BH, that is her point. The Westboro Baptists would likely call you a false Christian (based on your respect for pagans and LGBTQA people, as you have demonstrated on this site). Both you and the Westboro Baptists would likely use Christian texts and teachings to support your beliefs as truly Christian. I prefer your version as I understand it, but I cannot disagree that the Westboro Church uses a Christian structure and Christian sources as its basis. The Westboro members are Christian, even if I think they are emphasizing the worst parts and ignoring the best parts.

Comment

I find it ridiculous how people are still arguing about this. Paganism in ancient times simply meant country dweller. Paganism also means anyone who practices a spiritual/religious faith that doesn't consist of the Abrahamic faiths: Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                          But BH, that is her point. The Westboro Baptists would likely call you a false Christian (based on your respect for pagans and LGBTQA people, as you have demonstrated on this site). Both you and the Westboro Baptists would likely use Christian texts and teachings to support your beliefs as truly Christian. I prefer your version as I understand it, but I cannot disagree that the Westboro Church uses a Christian structure and Christian sources as its basis. The Westboro members are Christian, even if I think they are emphasizing the worst parts and ignoring the best parts.
                          If the Westboro Baptist Church are really true Christian then they wouldn't be condemning people graves and being like complete ***hats. They definitely don't so no Christian values and structures for what they're doing.

Comment

Christianity has a split personality,one is an angry old man of a god,who seeks vengeance,and the pure child of a virgin,who only seeks love and caring

The followers seem also torn between their name,christian and Jehovah,the judgemental and angry deity. might explain why some who take the name JESUS,seem never to fully understand, what the act of being christian means in a day to day connection to being HUMAN.

- - - Updated - - -

also,if I as a pagan can understand this,i ponder why those who expose Christ seem so dumb to this fact at all.
                            Last edited by anunitu; 27 Aug 2018, 18:41.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                              If the Westboro Baptist Church are really true Christian then they wouldn't be condemning people graves and being like complete ***hats. They definitely don't so no Christian values and structures for what they're doing.
                              They do religion with Jesus, whether you agree with how they do it or not--they are Christians. Period. You may not like it, but they are also Christian. You share the same religious family as they do, same as a reform Jew and an ultra-orthodox Jewish terrorist, or your average Muslim and an ISIS member, or a racist Odinist and the rest of the Heathen community, etc. You don't get to choose who uses your label--unless you belong to a tradition that practices some form of excommunication or disfellowship*.

*and even then, not you can't stop anyone from claiming your path, you can just show that you kicked them out...
                              Last edited by thalassa; 29 Aug 2018, 16:48.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                They do religion with Jesus, whether you agree with how they do it or not--they are Christians. Period. You may not like it, but they are also Christian. You share the same religious family as they do, same as a reform Jew and an ultra-orthodox Jewish terrorist, or your average Muslim and an ISIS member, or a racist Odinist and the rest of the Heathen community, etc. You don't get to choose who uses your label--unless you belong to a tradition that practices some form of excommunication or disfellowship*.

*and even then, not you can't stop anyone from claiming your path, you can just show that you kicked them out...
                                Ok. If you say so.

Comment

Working...
                                X