Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any luciferians out there?

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheist

Re: any luciferians out there?

This is a really useful and timely thread for me! I spent ages last week trying to find the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism and not getting very far. It seems that Luciferians should be on the endangerd species list. Obviously the claim that the world was created by a "maniacal demon" is Gnostic. Are there any non-Gnostic Luciferians?

I must also admit to always having been a bit baffled by "LHP". I know exactly what that means in a Hindu context, but the transfer to the west is a puzzle, since the usage has changed so radically over the last century. I suppost that most people today would say that Crowley was LHP, yet he (following Blavatsky) used LHP as term of abuse! I suppose most people who count themselves as LHP would assign (consign?) me to the RHP, but I find Satanism far more compatible with my religion than (say) Wicca is.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMcCann View Post
    This is a really useful and timely thread for me! I spent ages last week trying to find the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism and not getting very far. It seems that Luciferians should be on the endangerd species list. Obviously the claim that the world was created by a "maniacal demon" is Gnostic. Are there any non-Gnostic Luciferians?

I must also admit to always having been a bit baffled by "LHP". I know exactly what that means in a Hindu context, but the transfer to the west is a puzzle, since the usage has changed so radically over the last century. I suppost that most people today would say that Crowley was LHP, yet he (following Blavatsky) used LHP as term of abuse! I suppose most people who count themselves as LHP would assign (consign?) me to the RHP, but I find Satanism far more compatible with my religion than (say) Wicca is.
    The translaion of LHP to the west is a complete mess, I'll give you that. But after reading some of Crowleys work, I am more intended to say that it is mainly RHP with some LHP elements here and there, but I wouldn't use Crowley as an example of LHP in the west, never.

The main philosophical difference between Luciferianism and Satanism is, as I understand it, the fact that L's will have a more Balance of different elements to create equilibrium kind of approach, and Satanism has a more chaotic nuance view of existence, where there is no real balance to be achieved.

The Luciferian friend's blog I posted is non-Gnostic.

Bear in mind that the RHP-LHP is entirely a Hindu concept and when exported out of this system to try and label other systems it isn't as easy. For the sake of simplicity, and for the fact that it would be completely arbitrary to be more specific for that, I consider RHP to be where "The mundane serves the divine" and LHP "the divine serves the mundane".

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

That is a really good explanation of your beliefs. I'm not left-hand path, but this thread is really helpful in beginning to understand.Thank you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

this whole concept pisses my daughter off,she being left handed,she hates the left hand being evil image.

I understand why it bothers her,it is also historical that left handed children were abused and feared in the past.

my own mother was a left handed child,forced to be right handed by her parents. I think it messed her up .
    Last edited by anunitu; 23 Aug 2018 at 14:49.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    this whole concept pisses my daughter off,she being left handed,she hates the left hand being evil image.

I understand why it bothers her,it is also historical that left handed children were abused and feared in the past.

my own mother was a left handed child,forced to be right handed by her parents. I think it messed her up .
    In the west, Right Hand and Left Hand (Diestra et Siniestra in latin) have connotations of Good and Evil. However anunitu, this is not the case in LHP and RHP. Here it is more of a thing pertaining to the concept of relationship to deity and the value of both mundane and divine.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Well it's obvious that I'm not an LHPer. Although I'm always interested of LHP.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well it's obvious that I'm not an LHPer. Although I'm always interested of LHP.
    It's a different take on the same issue, that issue being what our relationship to the divine is. Is the mundane here to serve as a trial for the divine to come? Are we servers to the divine? Or is it the opposite? Is the divine an opportunity to make the mundane better? Is the divine a mere tool of the mundane?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRave View Post
    It's a different take on the same issue, that issue being what our relationship to the divine is. Is the mundane here to serve as a trial for the divine to come? Are we servers to the divine? Or is it the opposite? Is the divine an opportunity to make the mundane better? Is the divine a mere tool of the mundane?
    Yes I understand that. And many other belief systems aren't as opened to the LHP. Most belief systems view the LHP as dark and evil. Which I don't see as dark and evil.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I think I might understand from this,being brought up SDA,it was always "your personal Jesus" thing where "HE" is always at your beck and call,where as it was pointed out to me,other christian groups see Jesus or God as only to be served,and your own personal needs as not their problem,this was told to me by a person with the other perspective about gods. am I close here?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    I think I might understand from this,being brought up SDA,it was always "your personal Jesus" thing where "HE" is always at your beck and call,where as it was pointed out to me,other christian groups see Jesus or God as only to be served,and your own personal needs as not their problem,this was told to me by a person with the other perspective about gods. am I close here?
    You're absolutely right.