Buried Loved Pet from previous home owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buried Loved Pet from previous home owners

I bought an old home a few years ago. The house was built in 1905, it a beautiful house with lots of energy (all positive). I've decided to renovate the garden's this year, however once i started digging out an over grown garden under an overgrown Apple tree I discoved what I think is a grave for a beloved pet from the previous owners. I didn't unearth any remains but there is a dead rose bush, and the rest is all large rocks buried by overgrown weeds and quack grass. I really want to create a real garden but don't want to disrupt any final resting place. How do i accomplish both?

Re: Buried Loved Pet from previous home owners

If it's done with respect and intent, you should be able to move the remains to a different location in the garden. Or if they are buried deeply enough, you could move the rocks and dead rose bush and mark the site with something else instead.

Buried remains don't usually contain any spirit, but they can retain a connection to the original inhabitant. If the spirit of the pet is still there it is likely to be attached to the land itself rather than the remains. Respect, communication of intent and perhaps an offering to the landspirit should be enough.
    Last edited by Rae'ya; 31 Aug 2018, 21:22.

Comment

if it is a larger tract of land,it might not be the remains of a pet,families with land at times buried their own members on the land 1905 might be long enough ago for it to be a human plot,not sure when it might have stopped being an option. so,just consider that in your dealings.

in San Francisco they found the remains of a child,when digging to erect a building,it was traced to a child buried in the 1890's. it happens some times even now(Finding remains)

Just something to think about.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thank you! What kind of offering should i give the landspirit?

Comment

Originally posted by Arieswitch View Post
          Thank you! What kind of offering should i give the landspirit?
          That depends on your landspirit and it's previous dealings with humans. Short term or once off offerings can be things like food, water, alcohol, milk, tobacco, cornmeal etc but I don't like leaving them where wildlife can get them (except water). Blood or semen is also good. Small stones and protective charms are also good, as long as there are no toxic metals to leech into the ground.

If you are currently lanscaping, I find that cleaning up the area and tending the land using environmentally responsible methods (planting natives endemic to your area, inviting birds and insects, removing harmful weeds, permaculture, rain gardens, minimising chemical use etc etc) are the best offerings and go the furthest towards a long term working relationship.

Comment

Working...
          X