Lars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lars

Yay! I looks forward to seeing pics when he's ready. I remember the trust-building period when I got Buddy (which will be 29 years on Tues.!) She'd watch everything I did and soak it in like a sponge.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Congratulations! I knew a dog named Mellow when I was a kid. Was a good dog, hopefully that's a good omen for you. Definitely post pics when the dog is ready, please!

Comment

Congrats! I can't wait till I see the pics. I know you and Mellow will be right for each other!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

OH! He sounds like my favorite not-my-dog!
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

spill on not my dog thal
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My aunt and uncle had this dog named Wendy. She was a red mutt with white markings and was the sweetest dog ever, but shy. I called her my "not-my-dog" because I had a dog at home, but she was my favorite dog that belonged to someone else.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Mellow is just the best dog name.

I met a dog at the SPCA a few months ago named Spooky Trevor. That is now going to be the name of my next dog. I'd also like to name a cat Bob Ross.

Mostly art.

Comment

why bob ross if i may ask?

- - - Updated - - -

one of the ladies hee in this senior housing has the cutest chawawa

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    why bob ross if i may ask?

- - - Updated - - -

one of the ladies hee in this senior housing has the cutest chawawa
                    I just really appreciate human names on animals.

Mostly art.

Comment

The dog we had when I was a teenager was named Gerry. I was always a huge fan of Engelbert Humperdinck and we weren't gonna name him that, but EH's first stage name was Gerry Dorsey, so that's what I went with.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

OK - so...

Hard few weeks lately.

This year, we lost 4 beloved cats (2 in the last two months). In the summer, we had to euthenize our dog, Lily. We still have Demi, who's being treated for congestive heart failure.

We didn't get Lars, but we found Milo. He was really shy, so he was unlikely to be adopted. - except by people willing to work with him. I talked K'Roe into taking him.

When I brought him home, K'Roe was out of town. I spent three days with him, but he was still scared of me.

K'Roe came home. She spent one day with him, and now he followers her around like a shadow.

Then, after we had him for nearly a week, he got outside without being leashed, and headed out into the woods. I spent two days out tracking him, but couldn't get close to him. He wouldn't come to K'Roe, either.

We finally got into contact with the lady who had been working with him at the shelter. As soon as her car pulled into the drive, he was right there. She brought him in less than 3 minutes later.

That was a week ago. He is only just now getting to where he doesn't panic if I look at him.

This is him:

IMG_20190130_101456.jpg

And here he is, not looking at me because I'm looking at him:

IMG_20190130_101408.jpg

He's a BIG BOY! Only 12 months old, and already up to my hips. When he sits on the couch, he's taller than wifey.
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 31 Jan 2019, 09:36.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

love him already

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Oh he's looks so lovely! You never know what dogs have been through with previous owners... while I was away from the forum we lost Little Aud, one of our bassett Hounds and I really thought my heart would breath. Then we had Archie, a smooth coated Saint. He was a little sod but oh, I loved him! And then when he was about 10 months old, he went down with acute myeloid leukaemia and died within two days. No effective treatment available.

Anyway, after that we had Mattie who was Archie's sister and had been handed back to the breeder who was so upset at hearing what had happened with Archie (apparently it's extremely rare) that he offer to give us Mattie (we re-named her Daisy. Now I can sing to her 'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...' She followed me like a shadow, jumps on my head occasionally, but was very wary of Mr P for quite a while. Now she adores him and sits at his side, gazing up at him adoringly.

Then there was Mabel. The Lodger. She really belongs to my youngest daughter, but was a bit too feisty to live with young children. So she came to live with us and the children visit whenever they want and play with her. (My daughter later rescued another Saint, who was a cruelty case, but she adores the children and my daughter with whom she lives.)

Little Aud and Archie did make appearances on one or two of my Youtube videos, so I watch them sometimes when I'm alone and have a good cry about them. Noah still muscles in on the videos sometimes and although Mabel hasn't made an appearance visually, she snores like a motorbike throughout.

They';re all different. Some really don't like men - or women. Or cats, Or children. It varies. But with lots of love most of them can be encouraged to trust again.

Good luck with your Milo. He looks lovely. <3
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

He's fine with other dogs - he gets ol' Remi to play. He also loves playing with the cats (he's kind of overwhelming because of his size and playfulness, but the cats are willing to take it, and seem to enjoy his company).
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X