Cleansing energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleansing energy

I need help on how to cleanse something of someone else's energy, or negative energy in general ie candles,idol statues, handmade jewelry from online. I don't want anyone else's energy getting in the way when I make an offering to my Gods. Any help is appreciated!

Re: Cleansing energy

what kind of energy negative or other?

- - - Updated - - -

from a close intimate person,or just another?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Not from someone close, and just energy in general. Say I grab a candle off the shelf and want to make a Thor prayer candle, I want to make sure there isn't any one else's energy hanging around. I'm also thinking of setting up a shrine and would want to do the same with the statue I order online.

Comment

There's several ways of doing this. It all depends on what feels most effective to you.
        If I want to 'reset' energy, I hold my hands above it or use insence on the object and visualize all negative energy leaving it, until its energy is neutral.
        To me, that's effective enough.

Comment

Great, thank you!!

Comment

Mugwort is used by many Heathen/ Northern pagans for energy cleaning. Also, apple cider vinegar, air, earth and salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
              There's several ways of doing this. It all depends on what feels most effective to you.
              If I want to 'reset' energy, I hold my hands above it or use insence on the object and visualize all negative energy leaving it, until its energy is neutral.
              To me, that's effective enough.
              that works for me.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Washing it under running water if okay for that object. Salt. Incense. Light, wind. Bells are great in a room, I could see them working on an object.

Comment

Most random items don't hold on to energy from random people. Imbuing an item with your energy actually takes a bit of time and effort, unless it's an item that is specifically geared towards absorbing the energy around it. So for most things, you really don't need to worry about residual energy, especially if it is bought new. The only items that I would be concerned about are things like second hand jewelry/watches, statues/idols/fetishes, mirrors, certain stone/crystal/gem items or items that have come from a place of intense or traumatic energy.

If you are concerned though, recaning with mugwort can be considered 'traditional' for most Northern European traditions. Otherwise, there are a lot of different methods used by many different pagan paths and traditions... a dozen different herbs for smudging, running water, sunlight, moonlight, sound (usually from bells or singing bowls), salt, 'cleansing' crystal beds/caves, burying in the ground, spells, rituals, focused intent... the list is looong and varied.

Comment

I have probably said it before but music can clear a room. I have played The Levee on full blast to clear a space. John Bonham on drums what could be better. Plus we tend to react strongly to music. I don't think it has to be rhythmic ritual drumming when cleaning. Now ritual work is different.

Comment

Working...
                    X