Transgender March on Washington, D.C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transgender March on Washington, D.C

First Annual Transgender March on Washington, D.C. to be held during Weekend of Solidarity and Celebration March 31-April 1, 2019

story here
    silence = DEATH stop the killing of trans people
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Transgender March on Washington, D.C

id go if i wasn't in Scotland

Comment

...Is this still happening?

I'd go, if it wasn't in Washington DC, and I wasn't poor.
      Last edited by Sollomyn; 30 Mar 2019, 12:39.

Comment

i hope so more people the better i hope my trans brothers and sisters have a safe march and i support you all

Comment

Oh man, I hope they stay safe. Be there in spirit.
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Well...I dunno if I'd go at all actually. I don't really see the point; it's already illegal to discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation. Marching isn't something I'd do unless I felt oppressed; legal protections are kind of the opposite of oppression. I feel too many groups these days that used to be oppressed (for real) in the past and aren't oppressed anymore just want to start fighting for special privileges too. Maybe they just forgot what it's like to not have to fight.
            Last edited by Sollomyn; 30 Mar 2019, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
              Well...I dunno if I'd go at all actually. I don't really see the point; it's already illegal to discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation. Marching isn't something I'd do unless I felt oppressed; legal protections are kind of the opposite of oppression. I feel too many groups these days that used to be oppressed (for real) in the past and aren't oppressed anymore just want to start fighting for special privileges too. Maybe they just forgot what it's like to not have to fight.
              Just google the bathroom ban. Trans folks are definitely oppressed. They have few legal protections. They do not have special privileges. Illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Comment

there are people trying to stop transgender people having the same rights as everyone else it happens all over the world transgender people are murdered every day by people who think there not worth being alive there are places all over the world where trans and gay people are thrown of buildings or sexually abused because they are different right now in Russia its illegal to be tran or gay there are even some death camps for gay trans lesbian and bisexual its still goes on even in this time we march because we HAVE TO

Comment

Originally posted by Alex76 View Post
                  there are people trying to stop transgender people having the same rights as everyone else
                  They won't succeed; regardless of marching. It's against the law.

it happens all over the world transgender people are murdered every day by people who think there not worth being alive there
                  In America, those people are criminals; in some places in America, they're even put to death; doesn't matter if the person they killed was trans or gay; instant death penalty for a heinous hate crime. Good folks in Washington DC can be thanked for that.

there are places all over the world where trans and gay people are thrown of buildings or sexually abused because they are different
                  These incidents you mention typically take place in the Middle East; not in America.

right now in Russia its illegal to be tran or gay there are even some death camps for gay trans lesbian and bisexual its still goes on even in this time we march because we HAVE TO
                  First, again, this isn't in America. Second, it's almost entirely false. It's NOT illegal to be LGBT in Russia; it is seen with much contempt though, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's violence because of it; there situation probably sucks a lot more because they aren't America. Thirdly, these alleged death camps are supposedly in Chechnya; a federal subject of Russia, and there's only one of them, and it's not certain yet what it even is. The US has urged Russia to investigate it; if they find out human rights violations have taken place against any of their citizens, whether they're gay or not, Russia is probably going to kill everyone responsible. The full story isn't actually known yet, so it's best that we don't pretend like it is. Let alone march on Washington DC over something that's happening on the other side of the planet. Marches all throughout history have often been taken as a show of force. It makes people uncomfortable, which escalates tension, which causes arguments, which causes citizens to fight one another, which causes someone to call the cops, which causes a standoff, which causes a crowd control situation, which causes unrest, which causes looting, which causes some politicians to "give them space to destroy" the city even more.

Why not just....let it go? Enjoy freedom. Enjoy being an American where you're rights are protected.

Or go to the Middle East and try to catch gay people falling from the sky. That'd literally do just as much good haha. :XD laugh:

Personally I'd just enjoy life instead of wasting time getting angry at a Government that's one of the only ones on the whole planet that doesn't just go out of their ways for minorities, but actually gives them a bunch of extra stuff too. Seriously. Count your blessings.

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                  Just google the bathroom ban. Trans folks are definitely oppressed. They have few legal protections. They do not have special privileges. Illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
                  Bull. The bathroom ban is laughable. Trying to actually BAN someone from using the bathroom would be oppression; asking a male to use the male bathroom instead of the lady's room is NOT oppression. It's pathetic. Use the bathroom that belongs to whatever gender you look like and there shouldn't be any issues.

And yes, in places in America, thanks to the bathroom uproar, there are now new bathrooms made specially for trans folks if they don't want to use the men's bathroom. This helps further protect them from homophobes who might want to do them harm. People went OUT OF THEIR WAY to make this happen. Hence, special privilege. It's not enough though; nothing probably will be. It all boils down to a selfish sense of entitlement.

If you want to actually make a difference, start teaching each other how to protect yourself from criminals. Get a gun; another freedom you get to enjoy thanks to good folks in Washington DC; the same place people are always yelling about marching on. I'll never understand it haha; talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

PS: Most people didn't even have a bathroom not that long ago, let alone two, and they got along just fine. :XD:
                  Last edited by Sollomyn; 30 Mar 2019, 14:40.

Comment

yes trans people are being murdered that is a fact the law even ignores it after it happens

- - - Updated - - -

there are people trying to stop transgender people having the same rights as everyone else it happens all over the world transgender people are murdered every day by people who think there not worth being alive there are places all over the world where trans and gay people are thrown of buildings or sexually abused because they are different right now in Russia its illegal to be tran or gay there are even some death camps for gay trans lesbian and bisexual its still goes on even in this time we march because we HAVE TO
                    let them hear the truth

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      the law even ignores it after it happens
                      Hate to break it to you, but the law really doesn't care about you that much; all they generally care about is making sure they meet their quotas, and if that means finding the murderer of some random corpse that happened to once be a gay or trans person, then so be it. You're not special in their eyes; you're just another case they have to solve. Only a very rare few would actually go out of their way to target someone, as a police officer no less, because of their gender, and it's ridiculous to think otherwise, not to mention DANGEROUS to promote otherwise. Police aren't the enemy, and by and large they hate racists and homophobes just as much as we do, probably more even; my uncle was on the Sheriff's force for over three decades and the hate crimes were what disgusted him the most out of all the horrible things he had to see day in day out.
                      Last edited by Sollomyn; 30 Mar 2019, 15:17.

Comment

how about we treat everyone who is blonde that way? based only on one trait huh?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry vol you can delete my reply if needed

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Wow. I don't even know what point you are trying to prove. I didn't know that you knew what a trans person goes through. Especially that you knew better than the trans folk commenting. Gee. You must be so wise and enlightened. I'm so glad that you believe the best of people and that just because something is written on paper, it means it never happens.

A trans girl was threated by adults in a facebook group for using the bathroom she looked like. The bathroom bill is not bull, it's something that many many people support because they fear and hate trans people. Trans folks aren't people to them. I was threatened (they said they would make me disappear) by a person for daring to suggest gender neutral bathrooms, so no they are not the obvious solution. Trans folks suffer violence at a higher rate than a lot of other groups. Especially in the South area of America, they are in a lot of danger with little legal protections. I find it really weird that you seem to think that they are just looking for a reason to be opressed, or that no one actually cares---if no one cared that trans folks existed, if they were accepted just like everyone else, it would be a much better world but it's not. They aren't accepted, they aren't protected, and they aren't exaggerating.

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                            I don't even know what point you are trying to prove.
                            You'll probably get the point shortly after our nation's capital is burned to the ground.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            how about we treat everyone who is blonde that way? based only on one trait huh?
                            ...You're not making any sense at all. Have fun at the march.

I'm done. Bye guys.
                            Last edited by Sollomyn; 30 Mar 2019, 16:54.

Comment

I read that the march was postponed until september? Or will people still go today anyway?
                              If they do, good luck to all of them!

Comment

Working...
                              X