Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Funeral Rites

ok more for the thread

- - - Updated - - -

would not post just the ok
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Aug 2018
    Religion
    Buddhist

Interesting that many people's preferred method is legally questionable. Says a lot about unhealthy societal attitudes towards death.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Interesting that many people's preferred method is legally questionable. Says a lot about unhealthy societal attitudes towards death.
    I think only Sean's is questionable, and that depends on where you're at. There's just an add-on for Anu's (and mine if it comes to that). A lot of folks aren't aware that documentation is required for human remains (even cremated remains). Though I won't disagree that our society does have an unhealthy attitude with death. We've distanced ourselves and don't want to think about it, but it is a fact of life.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

I still haven't made up my mind about this. I like the idea of some sort of burial/permanent resting place. I really like the concept of the ashes helping a tree to grow. Ideally, I would own a large enough plot of land that can stay in my family and get myself planted with a tree there. I do think I prefer cremation over burial, but I don't really want to be in an urn somewhere inside and I don't want my ashes scattered in some creative or traditional way. There's a company I follow on facebook who creates gorgeous designs to preserve ashes, some necklaces, some paperweights. That would be cool. Artful Ashes I think is what they are called?
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    I still haven't made up my mind about this. I like the idea of some sort of burial/permanent resting place. I really like the concept of the ashes helping a tree to grow. Ideally, I would own a large enough plot of land that can stay in my family and get myself planted with a tree there. I do think I prefer cremation over burial, but I don't really want to be in an urn somewhere inside and I don't want my ashes scattered in some creative or traditional way. There's a company I follow on facebook who creates gorgeous designs to preserve ashes, some necklaces, some paperweights. That would be cool. Artful Ashes I think is what they are called?
    I think there are few companies that do things like that. If you google glass cremation jewelry you can find several. It's pretty awesome, and I've always had a fondness for blown glass. The nice thing with the tree option is that the land doesn't have to be designated as a private cemetery, which means there aren't any hoops to jump through. In fact, that's true with any option involving cremated remains, so long as they are spread in a legal way.

I know for our dogs (which is quite a bit different, but still something to think about) I'm thinking of having their ashes mixed into concrete for some sort of monument bench. Maybe even doing it myself, it wouldn't be that difficult, I don't think. A garden bench or something similiar, preferable something that I could add bits of concrete to as more of them pass. We are currently carting the ashes of three dogs around with us, and have an elderly fourth (we adopted her two years ago, not expecting her to live 6 months). We don't want to spread them because we're worried about moving and losing touch with that piece of land. So it would be nice to have something we could move with us.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    there is a place i found that offeer pressing ashes into gem form but very expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

i think that was them or something
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    there is a place i found that offeer pressing ashes into gem form but very expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

i think that was them or something
    I think this is a bit different. The ashes in glass one they literally roll the molten glass in the ashes to coat it, then put another layer of glass on, so the ashes are encapsulated in the glass. At least from what I understand.