• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi!

b. de. take a look at my mask of the red death post mR. english teacher

- - - Updated - - -

mask about trump and his wall. hiding from the brown death i guess
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hi, hi and welcome!
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Hello! Welcome to our corner of the internet.
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by Florenna View Post
          Ah yes, I know; that "obviously" was maybe a bit poor choice of word I guess what I meant was that witchcraft is an important part of Wicca, and many even use the terms (Witchcraft and Wicca) interchangeably, although they really aren't that (i.e. interchangeable). Anyway, I'm all for exploring, doing a lot of it at the moment
          I'm just a jerk when it comes to details haha. There's a saying in France that goes "" which literally means "looking out for the small bug". Usually considered a flaw, I wear that concept with pride

Terms that seem or are used as interchangeable is common in the pagan community. So much in common, yet so many differences and variations. It's bound to happen.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

^ Ok, I understand

And thanks for all who have welcomed me since I last posted! This seems such a friendly place.

Now that I have my own thread here , could I maybe ask why the subforum about various Pagan paths seems so very quiet - no posts this year (or quite a while before that) in most of them..?
            edit: Ok, a correction - there are some new ones in the Heathen Traditions subforum, but nothing in others
            Last edited by Florenna; 25 Jan 2019, 09:52.

Comment

it has been kind of a gleaning time here some members departed

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                it has been kind of a gleaning time here some members departed
                It isn't just that.

There are plenty of present members here with a vast wealth of knowledge to share. One thing to keep in mind is that forum activity ebbs and flows regardless of which forum it is - I have been a member of many for 12 years and they have all been similar. Certainly some members are more chatty than others, but with long-term members - most topics of interest have already been discussed in depth more than once, so the motivation simply isn't there to re-hash the same topics over and over again. A great deal of chat only seems to occur in the idle conversation posts rather than topics which require deeper thought and that can be a reason that some posters (such as myself) stay silent as it just isn't that interesting.

This is why it's great for new members to either post a conversation starter or reply to old threads. It prompts some of us who simply don't say much unless it's worth saying to come out of the woodwork.

Comment

^ Ok, I understand

And thanks for all who have welcomed me since I last posted! This seems such a friendly place.

Now that I have my own thread here , could I maybe ask why the subforum about various Pagan paths seems so very quiet - no posts this year (or quite a while before that) in most of them..?
                  edit: Ok, a correction - there are some new ones in the Heathen Traditions subforum, but nothing in others
                  I think there are a few reasons for this. A lot of the currently active members here have been here for a long time and so there hasn't been any fresh perspectives to discuss. Also, in a world where social media and sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram reigns supreme, discussion forums like this don't have a very overbearing presence. However, we definitely welcome new conversation. If you find a thread that's locked that you'd like to discuss, there's a few options. Ideally, we prefer that you start a new topic in which you can reference the locked thread, or a specific point within a thread.
                  Another option is for you to start a topic in the Staff Comms section letting us staff know that you'd like to have a topic reopened for discussion. We'll review the topic and decide if it's viable to reopen. Some have been locked for specific reasons while others simply have been inactive for so long that our automatic locking mechanism kicked in. This section, by the way, serves as a private lifeline to us staff without involving the rest of the board, but all staff members have visibility of that section so that any one of us can answer, which is intended to reduce wait time whenever possible.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    I think there are a few reasons for this. A lot of the currently active members here have been here for a long time and so there hasn't been any fresh perspectives to discuss. Also, in a world where social media and sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram reigns supreme, discussion forums like this don't have a very overbearing presence. However, we definitely welcome the new conversation. If you find a thread that's locked that you'd like to discuss, there are a few options. Ideally, we prefer that you start a new topic in which you can reference the locked thread or a specific point within a thread.
                    Another option is for you to start a topic in the Staff Comms section letting our staff know that you'd like to have a topic reopened for discussion. We'll review the topic and decide if it's viable to reopen. Some have been locked for specific reasons while others simply have been inactive for so long that our automatic locking mechanism kicked in. This section, by the way, serves as a private lifeline to our staff without involving the rest of the board, but all staff members have visibility of that section so that any one of us can answer, which is intended to reduce wait time whenever possible.
                    I would also like to add that so many topics have been discussing just pretty much just about everything but that doesn't mean it should end like this.

Comment

Torey hit the nail on the head. I've been here ten years this March, and a few of us have been here longer.

People come and people go, as personal lives interfere, members sadly die, or people's paths change as they age. I rarely comment anymore, when once, I was (imho) an active moderator and participant of the community.

All the conversations have been said, all the connections made and lost again. It doesn't mean we don't welcome new chatter! In fact, please become an active member of our community! It just means that we have already answered 'what type of Pagan are you?' posts a few dozen times already.

Engage us. We're friendly and knowlegable. A lot of us have just gotten old together and now sit at our fires in companionable silence (which frankly, doesn't work that well over the internet!)

Be welcome.

Mostly art.

Comment

just realised how long i have been on pf about 8 going on 9 years now,joined in 2010

- - - Updated - - -

just realised how long i have been on pf about 8 going on 9 years now,joined in 2010 oct,how long was the duce here,i really miss her anyone heard from her?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Ok, thanks to all for explanations! Although I was mainly wondering why it's specifically those areas that seem so quiet, not so much about why topics go quiet generally (I have been to some forums for a very long time, though not here, so I know how interest and activity fluctuates.) As for dominance of social media like Facebook, I'm in a few groups there but I have to say I vastly prefer forums to that, any day! Hopefully the tide will soon turn...
                          Last edited by Florenna; 26 Jan 2019, 03:41.

Comment

Ok, thanks to all for explanations! Although I was mainly wondering why it's specifically those areas that seem so quiet, not so much about why topics go quiet generally (I have been to some forums for a very long time, though not here, so I know how interest and activity fluctuates.) As for dominance of social media like Facebook, I'm in a few groups there but I have to say I vastly prefer forums to that, any day! Hopefully the tide will soon turn...
                            Please do start as many topics as you'd like generally people join the discussion happily. It's just that most of us don't come up with new stuff ourselves anymore
                            Regarding the specific paths. That's often a matter of who's here. We have a few heathens and Satanists I think. But aside from that it's pretty spread out (guys correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really keep tabs on anyone's beliefs). And the people happy to share and discuss their paths are the ones that have been here so long they have done it 50 times already, so it's more of an "ask and we'll answer" situation now.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

^ Ok I did notice all threads in at least the Wiccan sub-area are locked, so I guess to talk about Wicca, starting a new topic is the only way? For a newbie in any forum, it's just a bit daunting, and requires a pretty big issue to do that

Comment

^ Ok I did notice all threads in at least the Wiccan sub-area are locked, so I guess to talk about Wicca, starting a new topic is the only way? For a newbie in any forum, it's just a bit daunting, and requires a pretty big issue to do that
                                Yea you'll probably have to start a discussion there yourself I know it can be scary. we don't bite, and we wont judge either, so please don't hold back.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...