• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stay warm,so freaking cold

Beautifully sunny and -27C today.

Mostly art.

Comment

Alright Vol, I promise to never complain about the cold again. You win.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        Alright Vol, I promise to never complain about the cold again. You win.
        Haha I wasn't complaining! It's a beautiful day today lol.

Our perspectives are just different.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Lol oh I was! I normally love winter and have absolutely loved being in Wisconsin to see the snow and the different climate. But for some reason this year I'm actually ready for spring.

I will say the sun is shinning here too and I am very glad of it. I've missed the sun this year too. Hmmm thats interesting. What has changed.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Yesterday, it was 60-ish (F) and now it's 30-ish and rainy/sleety. Icicles are forming. But, it won't last long, and some of my daffodils are showing buds. Daffs are my all time favorite flowers and I really look forward to them making their sunny appearance each year.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

it has been a weird winterheri its 55f right now at 4:12 pm
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                Lol oh I was! I normally love winter and have absolutely loved being in Wisconsin to see the snow and the different climate. But for some reason this year I'm actually ready for spring.

I will say the sun is shinning here too and I am very glad of it. I've missed the sun this year too. Hmmm thats interesting. What has changed.
                Friendly suggestion from a cold, northern fella who spends most of his time looking out the window and wondering "What the Hell?", but if you adopt the local customers (ice fishing, snowmobiling, X country skiing, shoein', sledding, cursing at the sky, etc.), you'd soon discover that living in icey oblivion's unemotional grip is " just another season."

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I remember chatting with you once and being completely horrified that you went camping in negative temps...
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    I remember chatting with you once and being completely horrified that you went camping in negative temps...
                    It's the best though!

Although, that being said, we do it in the relative comfort of a wall tent with a wood stove these days. But I'll tent it up backpacking style in anything -10C and warmer.

Corbin's got it right: when you live in a place that gets real winter and it sticks around, you have one of two options. You can sit around and be miserable and eventually move south, or you can embrace it and live it up like the locals do.

I personally am excited for next month. March is still cold as balls, but the sun is shining for SO long and there's something magically pre-Spring about it.

Mostly art.

Comment

The boy and I spent time out yesterday walking the neighborhood and trecking though our backyard full of snow. It was windy but well worth it. It gave him the opportunity to burn off some energy which is good all around. I love that he loves being outside no matter what the weather is. I did bribe him with hot chocolate to get him back inside when I could no longer feel my fingers thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X