Plum jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plum jam

Today I am amusing myself by making plum jam.

Plums, sugar, lemon juice, and the secret ingredient - a couple dried slim jim peppers.

Something about plum jam just screams "Add some hot peppers, Dude!"
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Plum jam

I was totally into this until you mentioned adding hot peppers. lol I just don't have the stomach for spicy things. But Plum Jam does sound delicious.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I could dig it B. De.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        I was totally into this until you mentioned adding hot peppers. lol I just don't have the stomach for spicy things. But Plum Jam does sound delicious.
        To tell the truth, if I hadn't told you the peppers were in it, you wouldn't know. It's not "hot," there's just a subtle under flavor that would be hard to pinpoint, unless you knew the secret ingredient.

I'm going to run an experiment on K'Roe - she hates peppers. Gonna find out if she can taste them...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That recipe sounds delicious!

...and I do that to my mother. She hates curry powder or any "curry" spices, including black pepper. I hide curry powder in stuff I make for her whenever I visit. She always loves it.

...I think she's just racist, tbh. She hates everything Indian when she knows she's eating it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Scott and I go to a place that has wacky burger combinations every once in a while (also poutine) and I get this burger called "the freshman 15"...its basically a bacon cheeseburger on a pretzel roll with sriracha peanut butter and jalepeno blackberry jam. Its amazing!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

that sounds good thal,kinda like a guac burger with peppers,a mex burgeer
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
              X