What on Earth happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What on Earth happened?

remember many here have seen many things that might seem mystic in their personal path.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by jesusmcguire View Post
      Strange to find that on a forum associated with paganism. But that's probably my ignorance speaking.
      When I first joined the forum, like you, I was also surprised to note how grounded many of our senior and most respected forum members are. I took it to mean that sometimes nature-based paths and practices often compliment the natural world itself. There's a variety of people here with varying opinions and its worthwhile considering all aspects.

Being agnostic, I believe the meaning we attribute to scenarios is just as meaningful as divine intervention. Our members have offered questions for you to consider that will start you off finding that meaning. After all, what's the point in having a divine being intervene if it doesn't shift your thinking or behaviour somehow?
      Last edited by Azvanna; 06 Feb 2019, 00:04. Reason: Editted out names as I missed a few people sorry!

Comment

as with the Vatican,miracles must have proof before being claimed
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm very much with Vol here, it was the same thing I was trying to express, she just put it better.
          With all possible respect, I would say she read your description well, rather you're unhappy with the answer because it's not what you're hoping to hear. And that is FINE. If it has meaning to you, no-one would wish to rob you of that. But walking out various paths, a lot of us learn that what seems fantastical has mundane explanations. Like wet ink, or shaky hands, or a slight draft. Or the mind filling in pieces of the story to make it fit your narrative and understanding better.
          But magic is so rarely in the physical occurrences. It's as much in your mind, and how you perceive it, and what you do with it.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Okay, vol votes for nothing is evidence. Strange to find that on a forum associated with paganism...
            As Azvanna suggested, there are a lot of things that go into our mental construction of personal reality. I have always enjoyed exploring the intersection between the inner and outer worlds, but, even at my age, I have to admit that I only have a grasp on a few fragments of that fascinating area.

But, I did want to say that the terms "pagan" and "believer in magic" are not synonymous. I am pretty sure that most of us do begin looking at "paganism" with this preconception, but many who begin there continue to explore, and think, and learn, and speculate until we end up on widely divergent paths.

Believe it or not, there are even pagan atheists (several on this forum), and even we do not agree on a whole lot of things

So as you continue to travel as an open-minded pagan, expect to be frequently flabbergasted by the follies of your fellow travelers. There is no end to our explorations, except, maybe, "to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time" (T. S. Eliot).
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Okay, vol votes for nothing is evidence. Strange to find that on a forum associated with paganism. But that's probably my ignorance speaking.

Of course, it also seems like vol didn't read the description. Not to be ungrateful for the response.

Two folded affirmation pages, same printer, same paper, same folding.

"It's fun to see magic in everything" again, maybe you could read before you condescend.
              Vol is very experienced and sensible. Yes, my answer might seem a bit more pro-magic than hers, but honestly, Jesusmcguire, the worst thing that could happen to you is a load of people rushing in shouting OMG!!! it's a miracle!!! (or something like that, you get my drift.) She's not being condescending - she's being practical.

And it IS fun to see magic in everything. But if you take the saying 'Minds are like umbrellas, they work best when they're open.' you then have to counter it with the proviso that you don't keep such an open mind that your brain floats away.

I get what you're saying about the paper - that there was nothing about it that differed between the two affirmations and that does indeed make it more curious. But you always have to temper a desire to believe with a desire to see if there is more to the story.

For example - supposing the paper WAS different in some way. |That your friend deliberately treated one of them to slow down the burning (or speed it up for that matter.) Maybe you didn't get the paper she intended. Maybe the difference was deliberate but the papers were mixed... these things happen, trust me.

Work through it all again mentally - you might be surprised what you notice this time.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

What else could this have been but a non corporeal intelligence intervening in our physical reality?

Was Brigid present?

What was she saying?

Was I just a bystander?
                Removing all the other stuff your questions sort of point to one direction, what do you think? Either you believe something happened and your some what looking for confirmation from us or you think nothing happened. That's it in a nutshell. However, the bare roots fact is, if you think it happened then nothing we say will change that. If you don't then nothing we say will counter that. That is the naked truth you have to either accept or decline.

Rational, you both burned a picture and yours burned and her's didn't. It was done to mark the end of a relationship and now there are questions regarding both the relationship and divine presence.

From my perspective if I were to judge based upon what you've written.

1. Yours burned completely, with no issues. That would suggest you were truthful and honest and your affirmations were accepted by Brigid.

2. Her's burned troubled and incompletely. That would suggest she lied and was in-honest and was not accepted.

3. Points 1 & 2 tie into spiritual points

4. Points 1 & 2 do not by themselves dictate that Brigid was in fact present though. The affirmations were made to her but but simply being made on her feast does not mean she was or should be present. Even a sacred circle and all the hoop-la doesn't dictate that Brigid would be there. Heck, it doesn't even mean that the person with you was actually truthfully dedicated as a priestess to Brigid. Point 2 alone could be suggestive of that.

5. One can not rule out the points suggested by others regarding the content of the paper itself regarding moisture, oils from her hand versus your hands and that effect upon the respective papers flame points.

Those are just a few points off the top of my head that could be expressed and looked at. Of course a more in-depth list could be made if you really wanted to go through each aspect of what transpired through the whole ritual. In my opinion if you were really going to analyze what happened and look to see that is what you'd have to do. Clue's to the "Spirits" presence would be through out the entire ritual not just the transmutation phase that occurred at the final burning stage of the ritual.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Okay, vol votes for nothing is evidence. Strange to find that on a forum associated with paganism. But that's probably my ignorance speaking.

Of course, it also seems like vol didn't read the description. Not to be ungrateful for the response.

Two folded affirmation pages, same printer, same paper, same folding.

"It's fun to see magic in everything" again, maybe you could read before you condescend.
                  It is, unfortunately, your ignorance speaking. Paganism (with that capital P) is an umbrella term. There are many different paths beneath the umbrella. I have self identified as a pagan for 18 years now. I spent half of that struggling with my beliefs on magic and the supernatural and the divine, before coming to the personal conclusion that the only true path (for myself) is to acknowledge everything is sacred, and to question above all else.

I do not believe in the supernatural, and yet, I am still pagan.

I did read your OP, and I gave what I thought to be my own personal advice. I was not condescending, although, I apologize that you perceived it that way.

As was said by others, you're going to believe what you're going to believe. You are seeking advice, but are only receptive to advice that aligns with what you hope to be true.

Maybe there was powerful magic in your ritual for you. But I, as an outsider, don't see it this way.
                  “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Honestly, at this point, only you yourself can make out what happened there. You got advice from a lot of the folks here, very different point of views.

It is definitely not my job, and I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm either wrong or not in a position to state this (also, I am NOT in any way implying this is the case for you, OP) but I feel like it would be a good reminder for everyone to stress out that the S.A.F.E. Zone is a category meant for those who want to discuss topics they feel sensitive about, and wish to get advice without any hint of judgement of harshness. This is NOT a place for anyone to just get unconditional confirmation on whatever they have experienced, nor to just hear what they want to hear.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    I do not believe in the supernatural, and yet, I am still pagan.
                    Pfft, Booring. :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                      Honestly, at this point, only you yourself can make out what happened there. You got advice from a lot of the folks here, very different point of views.

It is definitely not my job, and I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm either wrong or not in a position to state this (also, I am NOT in any way implying this is the case for you, OP) but I feel like it would be a good reminder for everyone to stress out that the S.A.F.E. Zone is a category meant for those who want to discuss topics they feel sensitive about, and wish to get advice without any hint of judgement of harshness. This is NOT a place for anyone to just get unconditional confirmation on whatever they have experienced, nor to just hear what they want to hear.

Pfft, Booring. :P
                      Careful, someone may decide that we need more agents of oppression. You could log in one of these days to discover that Juni decided that she wants you in turquoise, carrying mod weaponry and eternally patrolling strange subforums that sane people want no part of.

After all someone has to handle the drudge work day to day work of maintaining oppression peace and order through the boards while I'm harvesting all your souls for pizza ingredients working on the technical issues.
                      "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                      ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post

It is definitely not my job, and I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm either wrong or not in a position to state this (also, I am NOT in any way implying this is the case for you, OP) but I feel like it would be a good reminder for everyone to stress (sic) that the S.A.F.E. Zone is a category meant for those who want to discuss topics they feel sensitive about, and wish to get advice without any hint of judgement of harshness. This is NOT a place for anyone to just get unconditional confirmation on whatever they have experienced, nor to just hear what they want to hear.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Careful, someone may decide that we need more agents of oppression. You could log in one of these days to discover that Juni decided that she wants you in turquoise, carrying mod weaponry and eternally patrolling strange subforums that sane people want no part of.

After all someone has to handle the drudge work day to day work of maintaining oppression peace and order through the boards while I'm harvesting all your souls for pizza ingredients working on the technical issues.
                        MO, you make me laugh. But seriously, I would happily hand my hat over to such a man!

In all future posts, consider turn of phrasisng and avoid personal attacks. You have a lot of time to write and edit your posts before pushing the reply button. Thanks!

Comment

Lmao guys...

At OP: Hopefully you sorted out what happened that day. I've had countless experience when in the end I had to be the one to decide if what happened was a coincidence or not.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                          X