Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a path that is dedicated to seeing the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a path that is dedicated to seeing the future?

Thats what I want to do I want to learn to use runes, tarot, scrying, zodiac, etc. I really have no idea what all right now but thats what I have decided I want to do. Dedicate myself to seeing the future I do not want to work magic or worship and do rituals and ceremonies. Can anyone help me get started on this path is there already one or do I have to search the religions and just combine their divination methods? I hope im making sense. sorry if I dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have no interest in making love life or financial predictions like fortune cookies and newspaper horoscopes. If at all possible I would like to be able to do like they do in the movies about ancient greece where they make predictions about wars and leaders and nations. I want to look at the big picture not do personal one on one psychic readings. Now I realize this is real life and not the movies but I just have nothing else to emphasize Im not looking to be a psychic hotline I want to work on the big issues that effect society and the world like they did in the old days before science took over. Sorry if im an idiot. Just thought Id ask
    whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Re: Is there a path that is dedicated to seeing the future?

Starting personal can really help fine tune your skills because you know you best. I know a lot of people who draw a card a day for themselves and journal what they think it could mean for their day and then at the end of the day compare that to what actually happened. This often includes looking up the card meaning at the beginning of the day, learning the hidden symbolism in the card, etc. You can do the same for runes.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      Starting personal can really help fine tune your skills because you know you best. I know a lot of people who draw a card a day for themselves and journal what they think it could mean for their day and then at the end of the day compare that to what actually happened. This often includes looking up the card meaning at the beginning of the day, learning the hidden symbolism in the card, etc. You can do the same for runes.
      Thanks for the tip

Comment

i kind of do that signs thing,and finding a meaning to a sign or a strong dream images that inspire you to delve into their meaning.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          i kind of do that signs thing,and finding a meaning to a sign or a strong dream images that inspire you to delve into their meaning.
          Dream journaling is great for this. Writing out what your dreams as soon as you wake up every day.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It's great to want to do different types of divination and I'm sure you'll get around to doing them all eventually, but please don't spread yourself too thinly. Pick one method and really study it. Dabbling is not recommended (just as you wouldn't dabble in electricity, I hope )
            Science didn't spoil divination by the way. We have science and we still have battles etc., and all the things you're interested in, so you should be okay there. But start with a small focus, and build up from there. Personal work is essential.

I don't think you need to search religions for their divination methods. Mostly it was opening large books and running your finger down the page and then trying to make sense of what you read. It's not a bad method (depending on what book you choose) but I think you'd find some of the others more interesting!
            And best of luck!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

following your intuition works well,using your gut feelings and noticing how the world changes around you.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Mrs. P has really good advice. I started with tarot and stuck with it until I learned it really well, before moving on to runes. I have dabbled in tea leaf scrying, but I'm rubbish at it.

I find one thing that has helped me in my divination practice is actually a regular meditation practice. Meditating makes me more in tune with the world around me, and within me, and making it easier to process things as signs or omens.

Mostly art.

Comment

dont dabble in electricity thanks I can actually heed that warning lol

Comment

Working...
                  X