I want to quit smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to quit smoking

I have been smoking for nearly 15 years now and I think its time to quit. I suffer from severe mania and I learned if I don't quit drinking soft drinks I could die from doing something stupid while Im so high I think Im a god. So now I watch my diet I only drink water and the occasional smirnoff screwdriver or two at the end of the night to relax and it has worked wonders for my mental health. Something bad happened and I changed my life. The government says smoking will more than likely kill me and if I dont change my life now I may not have the opportunity if my health turns bad due to it it might be to late. So has anyone here quit smoking before other than cold turkey. What works the best patches, gum, lozenges or something else? Any tips would be appreciated. Im thinking of going with the nicotine lozenges.
    whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Re: I want to quit smoking

i quit after 50 years of heavy smoking by using electronic things,also called vaping,after using them for a month,i used the disposable ones, and after i had used them for a month i found i no longer desired to smoke regular cigs,not sure it will work for you,but i had thought i could never quit,and was happy when i just stopped with no withdrawal symptoms. take that as you like,but it worked for me.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Going in a slightly different direction here. As a hypnotist I'd say there's definite help to get through hypnosis If you're willing to put it he work cause it's not a miracle cure, but it can help she'd some of the addictive patterns. However, if you do have mental illnesses you need to let a potential hypnotist know exactly what they are.
      Last edited by iris; 12 Feb 2019, 12:27.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Austin.Apollo View Post
        What works the best patches, gum, lozenges or something else? Any tips would be appreciated. Im thinking of going with the nicotine lozenges.
        I tried several things but quit cold turkey 18 years ago. You have to really want to quit. If you are not ready it will not stick. Keep things around to chew on. I cut straws and gnawed on them. Also be ready to be a dick. You will be moody, angry, sad and shitty. Try to stop on a day you will have three days to yourself. Pickles, carrots or other crunchy good for you snacks. Three days and the physically bad stuff should get easier. Three weeks and the urges get less. If you can get to three weeks you can quit. By then it is all mental. Start to imagine doing things without the smoke in your hand. Like not leaving a group to smoke. Or driving while not holding one. Also no ashtrays or butts. Clean before you start.

Comment

My BIL switched to vaping which the general conclusion is that it's better but still not particularly good for you. But at least with vaping you can control your nicotine intake and slowly reduce it. Many employers have programs through their health insurance to help with quitting as well, and I know the one where I work hard helped many of my coworkers, so maybe ask your employer? Everyone I know that has quit says they only did it when they were highly motivated (having a baby, a health scare, etc) and with a supportive community. Also, AA helps with addiction for a lot of people, and there is a Nicotine Anonymous group.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

the withdrawal can be intense but i imagine you know that if you tried to stop even for a single day,but the feeling i felt when there was no strong desire to go back to just one cig,i was so surprised,i could go weeks at a time with no desire at all,it felt great when it passed two months with no cravings at all,and i could now really taste my food. that was great,but there is the weight gain issue,you need to really be strong and not sub food for the smoke.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks alot!
              whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Working...
              X