Small everyday witchcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small everyday witchcraft

For those of you who practice, what small things do you do in your day to day life that make it a little more magical than mudane? This could be daily tarot practice, or small spells or chants, meditation, or the lighting of candles before bed, etc.

Whenever I'm feeling a little stressed, I breathe deeply and chant to myself:

"Strength of day,
    strength of night,
    give me strength,
    beyond my sight."

I think I got it out of a book when I was a teenager, but it's stuck with me ever since.

Mostly art.

Re: Small everyday witchcraft

ahh affirmations i like that Vol,i should do that more myself
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

"Lady of the Moon
      Lord of the Sun
      Protect me and mine the day is now done"

I have no idea where I picked that up from, probably a book but since I was 16 I have said that every night. At this point its ingrained, I have to say it or I can't sleep. I also like to like incense at dusk, and I like to do my crafting in the kitchen when I'm cooking or baking.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I trying to get in the habit of an affirmation as soon as I wake up and right before bed. I've been thrown off this week, but I need to start again.

Whenever I'm struggling I chant "I am a tower of strength within and without, I am a tower of strength within." There's a longer version of the chant, but I can't remember it. That part sticks with me.

Whenever Nova is particularly trying, my girlfriend chants, "I am a keeper of the future" The longer version is:
        I am a keeper of the future: my love outruns my anger
        I am a keeper of the future: my patience outruns my pride
        I am a keeper of the future: my hope outruns my despair

We also keep a hearth alter in out living room that is a corner china cabinet as well as personal alters, but those aren't used for daily practice as much as I would like.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

i really like your gfs one.

I am a keeper of the future: my love outruns my anger
          I am a keeper of the future: my patience outruns my pride
          I am a keeper of the future: my hope outruns my despair
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            "Lady of the Moon
            Lord of the Sun
            Protect me and mine the day is now done"

I have no idea where I picked that up from, probably a book but since I was 16 I have said that every night. At this point its ingrained, I have to say it or I can't sleep. I also like to like incense at dusk, and I like to do my crafting in the kitchen when I'm cooking or baking.
            We don't do it anymore, but I used to sing this to the tune of twinkle twinkle to Nova every night:
            Now I lay me down to sleep
            Through the twilight and darkness deep
            Earth fire water and air
            Stay with me when mama's not there
            Elements guard me through the night
            And leave with thanks at morning light.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              We don't do it anymore, but I used to sing this to the tune of twinkle twinkle to Nova every night:
              Now I lay me down to sleep
              Through the twilight and darkness deep
              Earth fire water and air
              Stay with me when mama's not there
              Elements guard me through the night
              And leave with thanks at morning light.
              That's absolutely beautiful. Milo used to like twinkle twinkle maybe we can try again. His favorite for the last year has been row, row, row your boat.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

People do all sorts of little rituals they might not even think of as witchcraft. When I take off my jewelry, I arrange it just so just because it feels right. I hold my teacup in my hands and breath in the smell, its enjoyable sure, but the smell of spices and earth, and the warmth in my hands is a kind of magic all its it's own. Then sometimes I'll read the dregs on the bottom of the cup. It only takes a minute. When I'm cold I'll think of fire, of salamanders and hot things, maybe ask for some. When I'm tired I recall that my my body is earthly material filled with fire- that even in exhaustion energy flows through me and everything else. When I cook I like to go over the different attributes of the herbs and oils and such in my head. It's a bunch of little things.
                Circe

Comment

I light a little bit of sweetgrass daily, because I love the sweet smell and it feels very positive.

Comment

Ah, we have "From the east, into the west; the sun has traveled and has blessed us, every rock and every tree, from the mountains to the seas; I give thanks to this day"
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I've got nothing at the moment. I've done/tried all kinds of things. I'm just so out of practise. Keep posting your things to inspire me!
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment