Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no TERF,but they return again.

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    That TERF stuff sounds like a bunch of b.s. social theory, but I agree that we'd all be better off if people would stop telling other people who they can or cannot be attracted to.
    I agree with everything you said but people still do that anyway.

Comment

Whenever I listen to Rapey J. Pennis (Riley Dennis), I always get a strong urge to start the engine and electrocute his self-righteous CENSORED out of him with a pair of jumper cables.
      If he thinks he gets to police my sexuality, because it is not inclusive and politically correct, I see no reason why shouldn't I reapond with a conversion therapy-like reaction.
      Last edited by volcaniclastic; 02 Mar 2019, 06:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Muramasa View Post
        Whenever I listen to Rapey J. Pennis (Riley Dennis), I always get a strong urge to start the engine and electrocute his self-righteous CENSORED out of him with a pair of jumper cables.
        If he thinks he gets to police my sexuality, because it is not inclusive and politically correct, I see no reason why shouldn't I reapond with a conversion therapy-like reaction.
        Swearing on the main forum is not permitted. Homophobic slurs are never permitted.
        “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

[QUOTE=B. de Corbin;242147]but I agree that we'd all be better off if people would stop telling other people who they can or can not be att

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          but I agree that we'd all be better off if people would stop telling other people who they can or can not be attracted to.
          This is the only thing that enrages me within the queer community. This sort of entitlement is identical to the one of incels.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Guest; 02 Mar 2019, 07:11.

Comment

The pendulum swings both ways. The extremes are always extreme.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It strikes me so odd that people who talk the most about inclusion tend to develop little sub-groups of their own. I don't understand all the "waves" of feminism; it makes no sense to me. We're all people. Period. When I was dating, my standards for a partner were different than those for friends for very logical reasons. There was no point in me dating someone who wanted kids when I didn't, for example, but friends with kids are fine.

Many of today's societal problems stem from self-serving definitions of "the common good". Many people are very convinced their lifestyle is the only good one, and that "everybody" wants what they want, their God is the only, etc., etc. It's an overdose of ego.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yes, inclusion... It become the most common buzzword of the SJW crowd. Everything has to become inclusive, including our dating pools.
                Couple of days ago I trolled a bunch of feminists for bitching about fraternities, the bastions of rape culture, and then complaining because these "rapists" won't let them in. You threw feces on them and then you don't get why they don't want you in? Imagine my shock.
                Leftists are acting like a bunch of invasive cancer cells, trying to penetrate just about everything that has any value - fraternities, fandoms of successful franchises, corporations, subcultures... "deeply problematic, no minorities/women/#{oppressed_category} represented...". REEEEE

Comment

Oh. My. Satan.

This "Ultimate Nut" is really that. I feel absolutely compelled to express how I feel on her (assuming her gender on purpose) statements. I will try to avoid being overly blunt, but I have to admit this has gotten way past my tolerance levels.

"you have no right to refuse to date someone who belongs to the gender(s) you're attracted to solely bc of what's in their pants."

Yes, yes I have a right to refuse because, first of all, it's sexual attraction. That's literally the term. You're not attracted to a gender, but to a set of sexual attributes. Secondly, since consent is a requirement for dating, and if I don't consent to dating, then I've got the right to deny my consent to anyone for whatever reason I want. Social exclusion and discrimination is a bad thing when it's systemic and societal. However, on a personal level, everyone has a right to think whatever they want of anyone else. Otherwise it's thought policing. Being transphobic/racist/classist, whatever is an issue when these thoughts become social barriers against affected people. The solution is teaching people that everyone is equal, independently of what they think. Trying to control what they think is asking for trouble. Freedom of thought is freedom to hate.
                  -----
                  -----
                  "make your preferences clear so we understand that you view us for who we are and just aren't into something"

And what if I am? "Preferences" is LITERALLY being into something. I'm into petite blondes, preferably open to poly relationships, with a strong drive for intimacy. Am I discriminating against everything else that is not my preference? Yes. And that is fine.
                  -----
                  -----
                  "there are ways to do sexual things with people that aren't strictly penetrative sex"

Sure, but what if that's what I'm looking for? A trans woman (but still male physiology) cannot give me what I'm looking for. And even then, a trans woman who has made the transition is not my thing either, as I prefer women born women. Again, it's about preference, forcing anyone to feel guilty for having preferences that do not fit your ideology is akin to not respecting consent if this person feels forced to act upon your guilt tripping.
                  -----
                  -----
                  "sexuality is dependent on gender"

No, it isn't. It's in the name, right there: SEXuality. Do you see gender in there? No. Gender can take a part, of course, but again, SEXual preference.
                  -----
                  -----
                  "including trans people in your sexuality [...] is a duty"

I'm not even going to respond to that. The level of idiocy contained within this part of the sentence surpasses any expectation I've ever had.
                  -----
                  -----
                  "it's fetishization to only like someone bc of what's in their pants"

It's not even an argument. It's not disgusting, most people have a fetish or kink that drives their partner choices a lot.

Sorry, had to vent that.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Many of today's societal problems stem from self-serving definitions of "the common good". Many people are very convinced their lifestyle is the only good one, and that "everybody" wants what they want, their God is the only, etc., etc. It's an overdose of ego.
                  Maybe it's because of my beliefs, but I'd be inclined to think otherwise. Someone with a high ego wouldn't even care, and would relish on other people doing things "wrong", and keeping the "true" way to himself, feeling empowered on the secret of perfection they have achieved. I might or might have not used my own perception of it as an example I truly feel like a god i'm sorry.

On the other hand someone with low ego will feel the need to prove himself to others (and to himself) that there is some reason and value to their sad existence by trying to establish a new "correct" or "righteous" way of being in order to pathetically bring themselves up on top of some imaginary pedestal they have created.
                  Last edited by Sean R. R.; 02 Mar 2019, 10:18.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

How about this?
                    I wouldn't have said this if I didn't think it was defensible. Video transcript: http://zinniajones.com/blog/transcripts/trans-disclosure-we-can-get-into-tha...

Comment

I see the point being made in that video, but I disagree. When getting into a relationship with someone (not a co-worker or neighbor, but a real partnership), transparency is key. Of course, it's NOT key to everyone. And therein lie problems. If one feels they want to give complete disclosure about their past and the other doesn't, and withholds info because they weren't asked a specific question, that's the "sin of omission". My ex was quite skilled at this. I remember once asking him is he was seeing someone else. He looked right into my eyes and said "Of course not. I only see you." Yeah, he meant with his eyes at that moment! It's the Ivanka Trump school of thought - don't give away the truth if someone's playing into your hand.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

john mulaney made a joke about this. it goes along the lines of, and i will be paraphrasing... both his parents are lawyers and thus exposed him to "lawyering" while growing up. dad asked him while saying good night if he brushed his teeth. john replied with "yes". later, dad comes back with a dry toothbrush and points out it's dry, to which john replied with "you didn't ask me when i brushed my teeth".

for the actual joke, see here

now... i'm gonna re-read this from the beginning and apologize if i derailed.
                        In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Working...
                        X