Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Describe your Utopia

Re: Describe your Utopia

What a beautiful way to do some introspection and sorting priorities in life Eleanor! I might take this up. How about you.. would you answer those same questions for me? I'll try to answer some for you.

What would your daily life look like?
    I would love to start every day with a massage and have my room smell like lavendar with clean sheets on my bed every night. lol

What would the world and the people around you be like?
    The people around me would be concerned for the welfare of others, but accurate and effective in the ways they were of help.

Who are you with and where do you live?
    I live with my friends and my immediate family on some land we share.. like a commune I suppose but minus the religion.

What do you spend most time on?
    My garden and playing with kids.

What is your favorite thing?
    Campfire at night listening to stories and songs new and familiar.

Comment

That sounds like a nice Utopia! Here's what mine would look like.

I would start the day early, either meditating or doing yoga to wake up. I'd like to live day by day. Maybe I'll take a walk through nature before getting to work, because I'd still like some kind of job.
      I'd like to work on projects a couple of hours a day, not the full 8 hours I have to do now. With people who also like working on those projects, because it's fun to work together on something beautiful that could help other people.
      I'd spend my evenings with loved ones or reading books, gaming, watching series or other relaxing activities.

In the community I live everyone accepts each other for who they are. There wouldn't be money or corrupted people in power. We are able to live our lives by sharing, taking care of each other and trading services. Also the world would be vegan, so all animals are treated right.

I'd live in a small community. And I live with my boyfriend in a nice house, not too big, not too small, with a garden where I grow my vegetables.

I'd like to spend time on cool projects I mentioned earlier. They have to be fun and I want to have a feeling of fullfilment working on them. I don't know exactly what kind of projects I'd work on, but the goal is to be helpful.
      I'd also spend more time with my loved ones and in my garden.

Sitting in my comfy chair in the garden and enjoying the birds singing with a cup of coffee or tea and not having to worry about a thing.

Comment

I think if I were to live in a utopia of sorts, the things I would want would be pretty mundane. I'd be able to see the doctor whenever I felt the need to. I wouldn't be buried in debt and would have enough money to own my home outright, pay my bills, and still be able to have some fun. I'd be able to enroll in fitness efforts that I actually enjoy like martial arts, rock climbing, hiking, caving etc. I could afford real food, not mostly processed junk (though we're able to do much better about this thanks to the local cheap grocery). I'd be able to travel for a couple months a year or live as a gypsy. If I was a gypsy, I would want to be able to have enough money in the bank to pay to replace my trailer/motorhome if anything happened to it, and to live off of for a year or so if anything happened that my income changed. I would be able to sleep on my schedule, not an arbitrary one set by my job, and would feel like I had the time in the day for daily ritual or some sort (I could probably make the time for that now, but everything feels so busy, it's hard).
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

My utopia would have the biggest library in the world with books on the most interesting subjects to me. It would be like three or four stories high.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Anarcho capitalist society in space age, with private planets and no governments.

Comment

A great exercise, Eleanor. I think that's an excellent way to also examine your personal potential and perhaps even identify those 'Utopian' actions or mindsets that you can actually apply to 'this' reality.

My daily life would essentially consist of working from home, preferably creating art or developing programs. My wife would be able to work part-time (as she actually enjoys her work) and spend the rest of the time at home doing the things she enjoys. None of my family would be dead and they would all live here with us (maybe not the in the same house!). Money would be no issue and we could go and do anything that we desired whenever we wanted to. I would have a back yard full of animals - goats, alpacas, chickens and a miniature donkey. I would also have a greyhound and a Pomeranian along with our cats, Lorikeet and ducks that we currently have. I wouldn't be fat or ugly and would feel great about myself.

The world would not be a cruel place. People would not be selfish and would actually care for their fellow human beings, planet and other living beings. Pollution would be kept at a minimum with the world using energy in a smarter, healthier way. Universal free healthcare would be in place.

I am with my wife, our animals and all of our family. We still live in our house, but we are able to afford to do the things around our home that we want like putting in concrete paths, gates and veggie gardens.

Playing my game, visiting with my family and being creative.

Living a life free from the pain of loss, PTSD and struggle - surrounded by the people and things that I love.

Comment

I have a fully functioning top of the line TARDIS whose functions and controls I fully understand...

I feel compelled to point out that this is not necessarily good for anyone else if I should ever acquire ambitions to use my absurdedly overpowered God-box as anything other than a portable pocket dimension of luxury.

For the options that don't necessarily include me being promoted to demi-god status via absurdedly OP SCIENCE!!!

Daily life involves a significant amount of pizza, computers and gaming.

The world will be less idiotic or at least it will keep its idiocy away from me.

The previously mentioned absurdedly OP God-box mentioned above sounds like a good place to live. Failing that option, I haven't decided yet which is more important between ease of maintenance and general awesome. Since the two are mutually exclusive atm, I'm not sure yet.

Barring TARDIS shenanigans, I probably put the most time into either a) computers or b) a handful of close friends and family
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I used to do that when I was a teenager! I called the real world "Side 1" and the utopia world "Side 2" (as in vinyl record albums). My Side 2 back then involved me being grown up and married to a famous singer, while being Captain of my own Starship and having intellectual conversations with Spock. There were also Narnian aspects such as talking animals.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

In my utopia, life contains pain. The pain has a cause. The cause of pain is illusion. The cure for pain is...

I don't think I could survived in a utopia of candy canes and lemon drops.

This is prolly a character flaw -

- but hey! I have feet o' clay!
                    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 23 Feb 2019, 20:10.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      In my utopia, life contains pain. The pain has a cause. The cause of pain is illusion. The cure for pain is...

I don't think I could survived in a utopia of candy canes and lemon drops.

This is prolly a character flaw -

- but hey! I have feet o' clay!
                      Pain makes us grow, right? It let's us know we're still alive.

Comment

nice shoes on those clay feet honey..turn around so i can see your legs and butt sweety ok nice

- - - Updated - - -

hows that for pain B. De.?

- - - Updated - - -

being objectified as no more than a pron image?

- - - Updated - - -

am i gonna be in trouble again? did not mean to be sexist to you B. De.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                          Pain makes us grow, right? It let's us know we're still alive.
                          I agree. If everything would be canes and lemon drops, we wouldn't appreciate those things as much.
                          I don't think I'd want to live without pain. Just enough to help me grow

Comment

Working...
                          X