Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please tell your states congress to support building the wall

Originally posted by Austin.Apollo View Post
    I am for it because people are dying and I dont know what else to do but believe the words of my leader. The only reason I have anything is because of the government. I am mentally disabled because of drug use and I'm sure you all have your reasons. But if you know of a better way to stop the drugs please tell someone because theyve ruined my life and the lives of my families and friends and killed them. If someone claims theyre going to make an attempt to stop them I am all for it. I dont care if it works or not. The United States feeds me and clothes me and I have never done anything for them.
    More support for programs like the ones that feed and clothe you is a great place to start, which by the way, were put in place by Trump's predecessors. Trump has a (recorded) history of lying to the people, flip-flopping when it serves him and I don't see how anyone still believes him.

I have donated my time volunteering in Food Banks, homeless shelters, shelters for abused women and children, shelters for children with drug and/or behavioral problems and that is where the real change comes from. Showing kindness and support to people in your community that have fallen on hard times. Maybe you can get involved with a local charity or support group for kids that were in a similar situation to help pave the way for them to have a better future. You're only 29, that's not too late to go back to school and learn a skill that you enjoy and can use to make money.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

no i feel bad for you state prison is a major felony bust,not simple possession,for fed hard time it might be more than a simple felony

- - - Updated - - -

yes juni,that is a much better place to use the wall money helping and perhaps saving lives
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thank you for helping people where I'm from they dont help people. they expect you to leave and goto another county where they do help people. We have a couple churches that provide a little food and they just opened a little mental health place that cant keep enough employees to see everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        no i feel bad for you state prison is a major felony bust,not simple possession,for fed hard time it might be more than a simple felony

- - - Updated - - -

yes juni,that is a much better place to use the wall money helping and perhaps saving lives
        The reason it was state prison is because of how I caught 3 simple possesions in 3 years and they decided to send me to prison because of the repeat offenses.
        whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

was it just a taste or over an ounce each time,i do know a little about the law,a friend got 10 years hard time in a fed lockup for armed burglary in a pharmacy.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It was just a taste, they used to be really HARD on drugs here it wasnt much at all once it wasnt even mine I was just in the vehicle with it. I live in a real old fashioned place where the klu klux klan still pass out flyers on martin luther king jr day and we have festivals where everyone flies rebel flags and the amish and quakers and stuff are all around in the country side. Theyre just now starting to come around and be a little more easy on criminals because of very recent new legislations.
            Last edited by Austin.Apollo; 19 Feb 2019, 19:15.

Comment

thank obama for those esements in sentencing t used to be you could get 20 years for just an ounce of weed or even just for a single joint

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I am not even getting into this discussion. If you think a man who can win the biggest election in the world is an idiot.
                If you aren't willing to have a discussion where people disagree with you and generally in the version of disdain for our current president, you probably shouldn't be posting political things on this site. Additionally, we try to keep the majority of the political discussions to this thread as we are not a political forum but a religious one.

As far as a wall, the vast majority of drug trafficking happens through boat or air, and occasionally tunnels. Tons of drugs, like meth, are made locally as well, or bought off of people who gained them through a script (like opioids) and aren't being trafficked in. None of which will be prevented by a wall. This whole agenda of build a wall is, in my opinion, to build up a frenzy in the population of us vs them in order to distract from the larger issues that will possibly lead to Trump's impeachment (and that's looking more and more likely). I'm not entirely sure that I believe Trump is stupid enough to ignore the statistics and actually believe that the wall will work, but I totally believe that he's capable of using it as a distraction because he knows how divisive of an issue it is.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  If you aren't willing to have a discussion where people disagree with you and generally in the version of disdain for our current president, you probably shouldn't be posting political things on this site. Additionally, we try to keep the majority of the political discussions to this thread as we are not a political forum but a religious one.
                  I realize that if you read a little farther you will see I said I am sorry I posted this thread I did not mean to offend anyone. Your more than welcome to delete it or lock it and close it or whatever. I just support the wall I never said anything about supporting Trump. As I would support somethings any president does no matter who or what party.
                  Last edited by Austin.Apollo; 19 Feb 2019, 20:04.

Comment

I realize that if you read a little farther you will see I said I am sorry I posted this thread I did not mean to offend anyone. Your more than welcome to delete it or lock it and close it or whatever. I just support the wall I never said anything about supporting Trump. As I would support somethings any president does no matter who or what party.
                    Well, hell, I missed that there were more pages.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Its okay I understand

Comment

thank obama for those esements in sentencing t used to be you could get 20 years for just an ounce of weed or even just for a single joint
                        those heavy bumps were mainly if you were black

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

those heavy bumps were mainly if you were black
                          When I was a kid here we never had any black people the klu klux klan would burn a cross in their yard if they moved in here and put billboards up threatening them. Occasionally you see black people here now but I do not know if they live here or not. Were getting a little better since the Obama administration but since they didnt have anyone to discriminate against they would discriminate against criminals and homosexuals and people practicing paganism they've evidently been forced into being sneaky about it now.

Comment

ok,i grew up in a black and Hispanic hood,so there,no kkk there,that was in Oakland,California.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I am for it because people are dying and I dont know what else to do but believe the words of my leader.
                              Not a good enough reason... if you don't know what else to do then start learning. We do not have to believe the words of our 'leaders'. At the risk of incurring the Mods wrath here, a certain leader in 1930's Germany springs to mind. Democratically elected and a complete basket case.

The only reason I have anything is because of the government...
                              Does it occur to you that perhaps under a better government you might have had more? I'm really sorry to hear about your health problems, but you may find you are just exchanging one set of problems for a worse set.

If someone claims theyre going to make an attempt to stop them I am all for it. I dont care if it works or not. The United States feeds me and clothes me and I have never done anything for them.
                              You cannot be all for something and then say you don't care whether it works or not. You must care. And to do that you must educated yourself properly. Fully. Read widely, wisely and well.

Boundary walls are never a good idea. In Europe there was the Berlin Wall - and it eventually had to come down.
                              In Wales, going back much much further, there was Offa's Dyke. And we apparently still have an unrepealed law that it is legal to kill a Welshman with a crossbow in the Cathedral Close (or so I've been told!)
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm 29 years old and I was a drug addict for many years starting when I was 15. I've been to jail multiple times and even been to state prison just for being an addict in possesion of drugs to many times. Now my brain chemicals are imbalanced I've had to take antipsychotics and goto therapy. I can not get a job because I never learned a skill when I was young and now I have a criminal record full of drug felonys. The whole life I thought I was going to have as a kid was taken from me beca use I became a drug addict and society will not forgive me. I have friends who are homeless and know people who have loving families who wont give up on them and have to live in fear that their loved one is going to jail or going to die. Please call congress like the president says and have them build the wall. I am so full of hate for the people I live around because they hold a grudge against me because I committed crimes I cant get through to them. Please prevent this from happening again CALL CONGRESS AND TELL THEM TO GIVE PRESIDENT TRUMP THE MONEY FOR BORDER SECURITY.
                                I voted for President Trump, but mostly because I wasn't able to vote for Mrs. Clinton in good conscience, knowing her history. I knew less about Trump's history, but decided to research him before voting; (it was my very first time voting). I honestly don't like the man. I think he's a rude, arrogant, greedy, superficial, sexist, old man; not racist though; I'm unaware of anything at all that says he cares about race one way or the other...but despite his flaws, he was clearly a smart jerk in my opinion, and I won't go into all of the reasons why; you can look into his strategies for yourself if you're truly interested. Thus, I decided to vote for him in favor of the other criminal who's under investigation for much, much more serious offenses haha.

I also didn't approve of Mr. Obama during his later years; I was just an ignorant, clueless thirteen year old kid when he first took office, so I had no idea what to think of him; I wasn't allowed to watch TV during those years. Older and wiser now though, I feel he as well as Mrs. Clinton should both be in jail right now, as there's legitimate evidence against them individually. I have yet to see any physical evidence of President Trump perpetrating any crimes during his time in office, nor the months leading up to it. I have never heard a thing about him being anti-LGBT either, personally; even if he were, that's not really a concern for me; the LGBT community, (which I've been a part of in the past), will continue to thrive as it has since ancient times haha; doesn't matter if the President likes it or not! I was electing a commander in chief during a time of war; not a goody-two-shoes nanny who minces his words and never even attempts to do what he said he was going to do; he's honestly the most transparent President I've had the opportunity to experience; I like how very non-politician he comes off as, but even I have to admit there have been many times where I feel like he really needs to just keep his mouth shut haha; I find myself shaking my head at him a lot. So far though he hasn't given our enemies millions of dollars with crates full of weapons with which to kill our soldiers, so I'm satisfied; Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton set the bar pretty low in my opinion hahaha.

Alas though, I cannot support the Wall. I don't think it would serve any real purpose; border patrol agents serve pretty much the same purpose; employ more of them, giving people jobs to make themselves money, instead of trying to find money to build a wall. I don't really get what the point of it all is really. Seeing as the Wall serves no real purpose in my opinion, I also don't think it would matter all that much if he succeeds with the Wall, and if he does...neat; a politician who kept his promise. It's almost like a unicorn, or a bigfoot, or something like that hahaha!

PS: Really though, I'd like to work on my not being as judgemental; especially of individuals whom I've never had the pleasure of actually interacting with in my day to day life.

--Sollomyn
                                Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 04:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X