Reputation Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputation Links

hey, I don't see links to be able to give reputation points to people anymore... I know that it is still possible, since I've received new rep points recently... I just am not able to do it myself, it would seem.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Re: Reputation Links

You can then give other users reputation by clicking the "star" icon located at the bottom of the relevant post, to the right of the "blog this post" link and to the left of the "Report Post" icon (shaped like a yield/warning/triangle sign).This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

If the star doesn't pop up then change the theme you're in. It hasn't been a specific complaint recently but at various points, some of the controls have blended in a little too well with the background theme.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Interesting. Still using the same theme as I always have used. Don’t know why the links blend in now

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
          Interesting. Still using the same theme as I always have used. Don’t know why the links blend in now
          I took a look at things in the theme adminCP lists you as using. I'm pretty sure it's you're theme because I can't see half the icons that should be there unless I stick the cursor over them. I'll look into what I can do with themes later. Everything should show up fine under default (actual default, the site likes to default to mint which isn't the same thing). Most of the dark themes have a contrast issue apparently though not all are equally bad.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I have the same problem too. I can't find a link for reputations.

Comment

The icons are next to the "promote to article" button. Mouse over the right in a line and see if you can find things. I use a dark theme also, so it can be a bit harder to find them if you don't know they exist and/or where they are.
              Circe

Comment

Aha! Been looking for that since I joined. Blends right in with the mint. I didn't realize that mint wasn't the default.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                  Aha! Been looking for that since I joined. Blends right in with the mint. I didn't realize that mint wasn't the default.
                  I found it too.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    I took a look at things in the theme adminCP lists you as using. I'm pretty sure it's you're theme because I can't see half the icons that should be there unless I stick the cursor over them. I'll look into what I can do with themes later. Everything should show up fine under default (actual default, the site likes to default to mint which isn't the same thing). Most of the dark themes have a contrast issue apparently though not all are equally bad.
                    I'm not arguing against the fact that it is a fault with the theme (in fact, I have confirmed it for myself)... It's just interesting, because this is the same theme I have been using for years... Evidently some update broke something at some point while I was AWOL

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                      I'm not arguing against the fact that it is a fault with the theme (in fact, I have confirmed it for myself)... It's just interesting, because this is the same theme I have been using for years... Evidently some update broke something at some point while I was AWOL
                      Likely, I don't use dark themes except to check things but I don't remember this being an issue with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Likely, I don't use dark themes except to check things but I don't remember this being an issue with them.
                        I use a darker theme and have had problems off and on. Part of it is the screen I'm on. Depending on the actual overall brightness of the screen, the icons can blend in more or less. So that can contribute too.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm having trouble with it too. I don't see any star or blog this post thing.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So, you should see something like this. There's the Blog this Post button, and then there's some little buttons after it (I think I have some extra stuff for modding), but you should have at least the two for reputation (the star) and report post (the triangle with the exclamation point). If you can't see them, it's worth looking into a different theme.

Ugh.. image didn't transfer right.. I'll try again later...

Last edited by Shahaku; 27 Feb 2019, 20:23.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

"blog this post" is only an option for supporters and staff.

Screenshot_20190227-210944__01.jpg
                              Screenshot taken with light theme because I'm on my phone and this is easiest for me atm
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                              X