Hello! (Newbie!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! (Newbie!)

Hello there! My name is Cameron, but most people I know call me Luna or a variant of that. I use They/Them pronouns, so please use those for me! I'm 16 years old, but I've felt callings to another religion since I was very young. I was raised Catholic and go to a Catholic school, but I converted a little over a year ago.

I consider myself eclectic of some sort, as I wish to worship a few different pantheons, but if there's a better term for this, please tell me haha. While not directly related to paganism, I've been actively practicing witchcraft for a little over two years as well. I haven't delved much into paganism yet, as I am trying to research as much as possible before I start my pagan journey fully.

I'm quite new to the forum side of things, and I'm still in the process of learning how to work everything. I'll do my best to learn quickly! I enjoy talking with others very much, even over the internet, and it's a great place to learn as long as one can discern what is factual. I tend to have the same username over every platform I'm on too or at least a variant of it. If you find me anywhere else feel free to say hi!

I hope I'm able to enjoy this place and learn as much as I can. It's nice to meet all of you!

Re: Hello! (Newbie!)

Originally posted by lunaXsilvermoon View Post
    Hello there! My name is Cameron, but most people I know call me Luna or a variant of that. I use They/Them pronouns, so please use those for me! I'm 16 years old, but I've felt callings to another religion since I was very young. I was raised Catholic and go to a Catholic school, but I converted a little over a year ago.

I consider myself eclectic of some sort, as I wish to worship a few different pantheons, but if there's a better term for this, please tell me haha. While not directly related to paganism, I've been actively practicing witchcraft for a little over two years as well. I haven't delved much into paganism yet, as I am trying to research as much as possible before I start my pagan journey fully.

I'm quite new to the forum side of things, and I'm still in the process of learning how to work everything. I'll do my best to learn quickly! I enjoy talking with others very much, even over the internet, and it's a great place to learn as long as one can discern what is factual. I tend to have the same username over every platform I'm on too or at least a variant of it. If you find me anywhere else feel free to say hi!

I hope I'm able to enjoy this place and learn as much as I can. It's nice to meet all of you!
    Hello and welcome. We rarely have teenagers in this forum especially in your age. Don't worry everybody is friendly and we'll make you feel right at home.

Comment

Welcome Luna I hope you'll like it here. Don't worry about learning quickly, learn at you own pace.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Hello and welcome. We rarely have teenagers in this forum especially in your age. Don't worry everybody is friendly and we'll make you feel right at home.
        This isn't entirely factual. A lot of us started as teenagers, but have since grown up. Sean and Corvus have been here since teenage-hood!

Welcome to the forum, Luna!

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome Luna.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              This isn't entirely factual. A lot of us started as teenagers, but have since grown up. Sean and Corvus have been here since teenage-hood!

I didn't know they were teens when they join here.

Comment

Welcome Luna! I hope you enjoy it here. =)
                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Usually forums are more slow paced discussion than what you could get in social media, but also means usually more fleshed-out discussions and more in-depth stuff

True! I don't feel like it's been that long, haha!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I remember many teens that used to be active here, pre-crash and even some years after. I am fb friends with a handful of them but they have since grown up and are living their lives beautifully.

I was 13 when I first turned to the craft, myself. A little over 20 years later, I still consider myself a pagan, though am not following any specific paths. I do strongly connect with Peruvian Shamanism, but I just don't talk about it.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to dive in and ask questions or start a topic of your own.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      I remember many teens that used to be active here, pre-crash and even some years after. I am fb friends with a handful of them but they have since grown up and are living their lives beautifully.

I was 13 when I first turned to the craft, myself. A little over 20 years later, I still consider myself a pagan, though am not following any specific paths. I do strongly connect with Peruvian Shamanism, but I just don't talk about it.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to dive in and ask questions or start a topic of your own.
                      Yep! Started in the craft at 14. Nearly 20 years later here, too.

Mostly art.

Comment

Yep Yep I joined at ...14? I was big into forum-ing in my teens. I'd been doing craft for awhile before that. PF is great for people of all ages and I, daresay, was rather influential on my development. Not that I'd say I've grown up really, I'm just allowed to drink legally now.

Welcome Cameron. I hope you'll find our community welcoming and informative. Don't be afraid to search past threads, or ask questions, if you're interested in something.
                        Last edited by Corvus; 07 Mar 2019, 21:09.
                        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          Yep Yep I joined at ...14? I was big into forum-ing in my teens. I'd been doing craft for awhile before that. PF is great for people of all ages and I, daresay, was rather influential on my development. Not that I'd say I've grown up really, I'm just allowed to drink legally now.

Welcome Cameron. I hope you'll find our community welcoming and informative. Don't be afraid to search past threads, or ask questions, if you're interested in something.
                          Meh, you're either matured or I've become more merciful in my judgements of human beings.

As I may add half your soul to my next pizza if you accuse me of possessing that vile trait called mercy.... :cthulhu:

We're going with the premise that you've matured significantly over the years.

Also, welcome to PF Luna. Please leave your sanity at the front desk, you won't be needing it here. :cthulhu:
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                          X