X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: QDJ (Year of the Piggly Wiggly)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What smell reminds you of your childhood?
    All the smells of the dairy barn...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Freshly cut hay/alfalfa. Horse manure. Warming earth and concrete in the spring. Rain.

Comment

What smell reminds you of your childhood?
        Horses And everything that comes with that
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

What superstition do you still follow?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I can't say bloody Mary out loud (I don't even like typing it), I don't ever get off the plane in Rankin Inlet lest I get stuck there, and I'll never say "what's the worst that could happen?"

I'm relatively superstitious.
            “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

It's a silly thing and I think it might be specific to Denmark. But j never pick elderflower or elderberries without thanking "hyldemor" (the spirit of the tree) and offering something in return.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I think the biggest one is I still knock on wood and always get a bit nervous if I can't find any actual wood.
                “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I still say Gesuntheit when people sneeze. I think it's stupid and unnecessary but I still do it.
                  “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I have an embarrassing number. Knock wood. Don't tempt fate. Salt over the shoulder if I spill it. One time we were on a long drive and for reasons that I still do not understand we kept hitting birds. This was in the South West US, and there are lots of ravens. I was so worried we were going to hit one. I love them anyway, but I was also thinking that killing a raven has got to be some very bad luck. I have driven that road many times in my life and that was the only time hitting birds was a problem. It was almost like when they all fly into the ground, or when whales beach. We did not hit any ravens, and the ones that hang out at my mom's house seemed okay with us, so disaster averted.

Comment

I knock on whatever the counter at work is made of.
                      I must pick up every single penny I find on the ground. And mind you I have bad vision. But I can spot a penny or a black cat in the dead of night in the parking lot!

I'm actually opposite I guess. I purposefully walk under ladders. I enjoy spotting black cats. I throw no salt over my shoulder hoping for the Devil to show up in my kitchen whilst I'm cooking chorizo in my fuzzy pink flip flops, house nightgown and hair in messy bun.

Oh and I for sure wish on falling stars. And when I do I find it very hard to come up for something to wish for other than Wolverine. Because I guess I'm content. So that's a plus.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                      X