• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QDJ (Year of the Piggly Wiggly)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    (mind if I pick this back up?)
    *tries to read minds.

Name something you like about a religion/belief system that's different than your own.
    yay

hm... I like a lot of the christian mythology as stories. Read the book of mormon once, I was well entertained.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

i have read the book of enoch,part of the so called banned old books. there is a name for them but i do not recall it right now?

- - - Updated - - -

ok found the name. biblical apocrypha
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The apocrypha weren't actually banned. Pieces of them have been showing up in various bibles for quite some time. They just are considered lesser canon in many cases (enter long Prodestant vs Catholic vs other Prodestant debate now) Now the Book of Enoch may have been banned or it may have fallen in with the actual apocrypha, I don't know which books are included in the apocrypha off the top of my head.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I would guess you would have such knowledge MASK

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My answer: Obviously from what I learned from Islam: The way women have rights to their own name and properties. And their court rights as well.
            Norse gods. I mean, come on. They get to be bad ass and do all the fun things!
            Christianity. Because they get the actual Devil. And in my belief system there is no such being.
            *fangirls over Lucifer MorningStar.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I like the idea of monasteries. If there was any one thing I would steal from another faith, it's the communal monasteries / monastic traditions. I really wish we had something similar for us pagans.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

yes like an ashram

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Just a quick side note. I having difficulty reading the blue text on the dark theme. Could you use something different next time, please?
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    Just a quick side note. I having difficulty reading the blue text on the dark theme. Could you use something different next time, please?
                    Lol girl, it's purple!!!

What, if any, dissatisfaction(s) do you have with your religion?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Lol girl, it's purple!!!

The fundamental part.

Comment

Lol girl, it's purple!!!

I was promised being able to cast fireballs out of my hands and hang out with succubi.

Turns out it's not happening.
                        Last edited by Sean R. R.; 04 Aug 2019, 18:38.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Lol girl, it's purple!!!

Ooh, good question. I really dislike how we as pagans are perceived in the public eye. I can't be straightforward about my beliefs without my friends or strangers or anyone kinda just bluffing me off, like oh, you believe that?? *snirk*.

I wish I could live more openly as a pagan and be more honest about my beliefs with the rest of the world. Nobody questions when Catholics don't want to use condoms, or Jews get their bits mutilated at birth, but like, I believe in manifest destiny and suddenly I'M the weirdo?

That's my main grief. Also, fluffy bunnies who ruin it for the rest of us.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Ooh, good question. I really dislike how we as pagans are perceived in the public eye. I can't be straightforward about my beliefs without my friends or strangers or anyone kinda just bluffing me off, like oh, you believe that?? *snirk*.

I wish I could live more openly as a pagan and be more honest about my beliefs with the rest of the world. Nobody questions when Catholics don't want to use condoms, or Jews get their bits mutilated at birth, but like, I believe in manifest destiny and suddenly I'M the weirdo?

That's my main grief. Also, fluffy bunnies who ruin it for the rest of us.
                            I still deal with fluffy bunnies so rarely that I'd accuse them of being myths if it weren't for horror stories about them from multiple other people...

Anyway, pretending that Jedi is my actual religion. The fact that we fail so epically at explaining our philosophies that people think the Jedi Order is trying to produce pale imitations of Vulcans. This is even better because Vulcans don't get a third of the crap that's thrown at the Jedi when the Jedi are a lot looser about emotions than Vulcans.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              I still deal with fluffy bunnies so rarely that I'd accuse them of being myths if it weren't for horror stories about them from multiple other people...

Anyway, pretending that Jedi is my actual religion. The fact that we fail so epically at explaining our philosophies that people think the Jedi Order is trying to produce pale imitations of Vulcans. This is even better because Vulcans don't get a third of the crap that's thrown at the Jedi when the Jedi are a lot looser about emotions than Vulcans.
                              Is Jedi a real religion? I thought it was a fictional religion that was made by Star Wars fans.

Comment

Lol girl, it's purple!!!

The same blue as links. Or at least on the theme i'm using that's what it looks like.

snippysnipsnip.JPG
                                This is what it looked like to me.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X